New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

You using the classic "Overwatch every god damn turn" tactic, Benji? I always found the quicker you rush the map, the worse things go for you.

Is this the base defense mission? I find that defending the high ground immediately next to the starting point (like, the hangar I think it is?) is really good because you get good aim benefits and the aliens have aim penalties. Only thing is make sure you have snipers ready because the Sectoid Commanders like to mind control then fall back.

Also what really helps is that as soon as you assault the alien base, make sure you have a backup team fully kitted up and ready. Overbuy some weapons if you must - if you have reserve troops with assault rifles and no armour, when you could have them kitted up then you're asking for trouble.

If this is not the base defense mission, then..uhhh...don't mind me.

Final mission spoilers

Well, the Uber Ethereal was easy. Sent my squad into the final room, mind controlled a Muton Elite, ghosted my assault in to hit the UE for 6, then ghosted my sniper in for a 20 critical on it to kill it (and everything but the MC'd Muton) without the aliens even getting a turn.

They to finish off I dashed the Muton into a Rift :P

• Like 2

X-COM is 75% off, only £3.74.

No excuses, those perusing the thread and wondering whether or not to purchase!

I had it on 360 when it came out but I've been dying to play it again so got the complete edition for £8.