New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

Thoughts on XCOM: Declassified?

It won't be quite the same and I find that third person shooters tend to do the whole "squad command" thing pretty poorly at the best of times, but I'm interested in it anyway. If they stick to the game being mostly non-linear and keep the base building aspects (so, basically make it XCOM but with third person combat), then I'd probably really enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

So, I know this has been posted elsewhere, but I wanted to bump the topic a little so it's still around for November when Enemy Within actually gets released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5fp9GsCPHU

Can't wait to start a new game with the DLC. I really want to start a new one now, but I'm trying to hold out until the expansion is out.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the process of assembling my crew

Slab Bulkhead
Fridge Largemeat
Punt Speedchunk
Butch Deadlift
Bolt Bigflank
Splint Chesthair
Flint Ironstag
Bold Vanderhuge
Thick McRunfast
Blast Hardcheese
Buff Drinklots
Trunk Slamchest
Fist Rockbone
Stump Beefstone
Smash Lampjaw
Punch Rockgroin
Buck Plankchest
Stump Chunkman
Dirk Hardpec
Rib Steakface
Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Brick Hardmeat
Rib Slabcheek
Punch Sideiron
Gristle McThornbody
Slate Fistcrunch
Buff Hardback
Bob Johnson
Blast Thickneck
Crunch Buttsteak
Slab Squatthrust
Lump Beefbroth
Touch Rustbrawn
Reef Blastbody
Big McLargehuge
Smoke Manmuscle
Beat Punchbeef
Roll Fizzlebeef

I've started getting through it. Bit bored at the moment because everything feels mostly the same. I haven't run into anything new, or anything new that I can really play around with, any way. Also I forgot how annoying the capture an alien quest is.

Oh, oh, oh - did you enable the tutorials and then you got stuck looking at the map screen?

I enabled the tutorials yes. I thought for my first ever playthrough of this version I'd do that tutorial mission where you lose 3 of the 4 starting troops again.

However what happened was, I went to scan for activity and saw something above the scan option called "Gateway" I clicked on this and it took me to the council mission screen which gave me the option of launching said mission but there was no text to explain what this mysterious mission was. Then when it went to the squad select screen it froze just as the council guy said that standard line of "We trust that you will handle this matter with discretion" As a matter of fact, the text was only half faded when it froze.

I got it working after a restart and is it just me. or is anyone else suffering from casualty rates undreamed of in the previous version?