New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

Started playing EW again. I swear it's like with tv shows and movies, I'll have this big 'to do' pile and end up back with something I've already finished. :P

The only medic on a mission went down and I hadn't even reached the crashed UFO. Bleeding out and no way to save him, figure he's a goner. I manage to take out the 2 floaters shadowing my squad and the squad then made a mad dash for the UFO. One soldier ran into a room and triggered the appearance of an Outsider and my highest ranking Heavy happened to be close enough to blast the shit out of it. Mission ended and the medic lived! :w00t:

Also someone reviewing X-Com The Bureau compared its game play to Mass Effect and saying it was a lot better than ME. What in the actual fuck? :facepalm:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Speaking of long war, how big is the download? I think that after downloading tropico 4(all dlc), the complete x-com pack, all 5 episodes of wolf among us and also updates for gauntlet and crusader kings II that I'm probably not going to be able to handle another decent sized download this month.

• 1 year later...

Blitzed through Enemy Unknown finally. Was really good fun but man, was the final mission underwhelming. "Hey, so now you get to face everything one step at a time and there's really no way that the aliens can flank you or use strategy so good look wiping the floor with them!"

I beat the head Ethereal on the first turn of spotting him, as point of this. Admittedly, my main guy became so accurate and powerful with his Headshot that it helped a lot. And I had two Heavy's each with a rocket stored up...

• 2 years later...

Years later I got around to trying to finish this. Breezed through the final mission into the last room, where the boss mindfucked my sniper.

Sniper shoots my psychic soldier who just about survived. Fucking sniper has the double tap perk, shoots her again and it’s game over.

Fuck sakes. 

So the trick with the final mission is that you move to the edge of the first platform in the boss room, get your snipers (preferably bring 2) set up and end your turn. next turn advance someone into the room main, and the final boss will appear. Then you should be able to pump him with 2 plasma sniper blasts and you win before the boss even gets to take a turn >_<