New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

This is fun, though :shifty:

Just lost India and Germany. Fuck.

I have $26....and I get $17 a month. Shiiiiitttttttttt

Edit: So, I fucked up bad in the next mission. Everything was piling up, so there was little to no chance of winning. Going to re-start!

Man. You are REALLY fucked in this game if you get most of your high-level people killed.

Oh god...the very difficult missions are very difficult. Oh god...I don't know if I am getting all my vets out alive.

I say that and Ellis gets killed in one hit. Oh fuck me!

Run Fitzy run!

....fucking hell, the heavy I had from the beginning of the game is dead.

EVERYONE IS DYING! Fitzy has two of those spiders and like...3 zombies to deal with.

Edit: So.....lost 5 people. Saved no civilizans and Australia has withdrawn from the council. Fuck me.

Should have listened. (Y)

Unsurprisingly my "okay let's figure things out..." game didn't end too well but I could see signs of improvement by the end including actually surviving a terror mission (albeit only rescuing about 5 civilians) with 3 out of 5 getting out alive. Started a more serious run through and so far building up a solid team and getting some rookies experience now.

Second save file....I lost :(

I had two untils max ranked and just unlocked psionics...but I was given a terror mission, I couldn't beat it :(

And as shameful as it is...starting a game on easy. Maybe I can work my way up to normal.

Edit: Even on easy the terror missions are almost impossible

I had a terror mission I managed to save the majority on but it was more by luck than strategic genius. I know that when it comes to them people will die so I just played my normal mission "cage" tactic with lots of overwatch and was able to slowly rescue civilians just by weight of firepower at anything that got too close to them. I don't think that it's something that'll happen often but it at least gives the comfort that it's possible.

Terror missions are completely random. I've had ones where I never see a single civilian and ones where I save them all in like, three rounds and never encounter more than two enemies. Also had a few where I wipe out the bad guys before they ever find a civilian. This is all on normal too.

So, looks like I am on the last mission :o

I am assaulting the temple ship

Exciting!

But the difference in difficulty between Easy/Normal is huge. Can't imagine playing this on classic/impossible.

No EWBers on my team, but I do have a few hockey players (Mario Lemiux is the leader, sniper. Almost 100 kills. Phil Kessel, also a sniper. Kulemin, a female Russian medic. I did have Ovechkin, but he died very early on). The rest are just random names that the game gave to me (it was getting to a point where i named someone, and they would die).

Gah, last mission is pissing me off.

First time through I am doing alright, not amazing (the giant mech tanks fucked me pretty bad)....get to the last room and one of the mindbenders get off a lucky shot and kill my volunteer. The big, bad was almost killed too

:(

Second time though I decided to get as far as I could before bed and then save. I was just about to enter the giant mech room and....the game freezes :/ Fuck that!

Next time, I am going to be saving after I clear every room.