New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a long journey but Colonel Ryo Mutsuda (over 30 missions and 100+ kills, been there since the beginning), Colonel Erin Rodgers (pretty much since the beginning), Colonel Amy Bennett, Colonel Paul Williams, Major Jay Kelly (the volunteer) and Captain Kenji Kojima are ready to finish the aliens once and for all (hopefully).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've only lost 2 soldiers so far and one was a rookie(I still miss Lt Neil "Fast Lane" Wallace though :( )and I'm several months game time into it.

Now I'm facing a total wipeout. 3 dead(one is the survivor from the tutorial and the other is my first ever soldier gift), 1 bleeding out(the soldier I named after myself, who is my most accurate sniper and my only Colonel) and 1 unconcious after being stabilized(my fastest soldier and best medic). This might not be so bad if the last one standing was a vet because most of my vets could take out the remaining 2 mutons in time and end the level in time to save the guy bleeding out.

The guy left is a squaddie. :/ Now it'd be almost impossible for him to beat the 2 mutons in time to save the guy bleeding out and he's weak enough that I'm considering saving him and legging it for the skyranger.but that'd also mean abandoning the unconcious guy. :(

Turns out my Colonel (the guy bleeding out) was doomed anyway because the 2 mutons werent the last enemies.

However my squaddie pulled off the miracle and took out all 4 remaining enemies to win the level and thus saving my unconcious medic Maj Steve "missonary" Cunningham as well. Was also important because I'd captured an important alien, which I'd have lost with a mission failure.

Since that mission I've lost 2 more men and India/Nigeria have pulled out of the project. Also "Missionary" is now jumping at his own shadows :(

Yeah, this coming to Android would probably be the thing that finally convinces me to pick one up. Fuck an iPad though, if I'm going to spend that much on a tablet, it'll be one that I can mod the shit out of and download emulators and watch .avi files on and so on.

• 1 month later...

PS3 keeps crashing and I'm starting to think Xcom.is causing it. I thought i finally got the ps3 stable and watched an iron man animated movie and then played a megadrive collection game without problems but when I started xcom up, it crashed before even reaching a mission.