New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

:(

RIP Nerf, Hughes, Steeb & Pris. Not the most experienced bunch, and Sara was unlucky to die. A whole got blasted in a wall next to her, which gave a Muton a free shot to finish her off. If that wall stayed up, she'da survived the mission. Steeb went out a hero, after weakening the herd of Muton's as much as he could.

Wait... what? :huh:

I hate Mutons and Chrysalids. The zombies seem to kill with one hit always, while the Mutons always seem to appear when my team is bunched together - last time, it was when my entire team was also near a gas station.

After defending our planet for another month, one soldier has fallen. Let's all pay our respects to Sq. Ryanette Hughes, after 2 missions and 2 kills she died. She panicked and ran right into an open field and got killed.

The EWB-Squad will be missing you Hughes!

Now onto the better news, there have been some promotions!

Cpt. Johnny 'Omega' Summers - Missions: 8 Kills: 17 (Sniper)

Cpt. Dan 'Nova' Higgins - Missions: 6 Kills: 14 (Heavy)

Lt. Scott 'Werewolf' Kaney - Missions: 7 Kills: 5 (Assault)

Sgt. Mykel 'Enigma' Myke - Missions: 5 Kills: 6 (Sniper)

Sgt. Gazz 'Disco' Priest - Missions: 4 Kills: 5 (Heavy)

Sgt. Javier 'Hulk' Sousa - Missions: 0 Kills: 0 (Heavy)

Cpl. Cookie Apsham - Missions 4: Kills: 1 (Support)

Cpl. Jill Srar - Missions:4 Kills: 3 (Assault)

Cpl. Split Dean - Missions: 4 Kills: 6 (Assault)

Sq. Woman Midget - Missions: 1 Kills: 1 (heavy)

Sq. Emma 9 to 5 - Missions: 1 Kills: 2 (Sniper)

Rk. Lars Sieval - Missions: 0 Kills: 0

Rk. Monsiour Ellis - Missions: 0 Kills: 0

Rk. Adam Daws - Missions: 0 Kills: 0

Rk. Matt Mitrione - Missions: 0 Kills: 0

Rk. Alex Ruki - Missions: 0 Kills: 0

Priest has the most awesome nickname of the squad so far :w00t:

• Like 1

Finally got round to playing the demo. Wish I had some money :(

Is everyone playing the PC version? I'd be getting the PS3 solely because my laptop is shit, can I still rename team members etc?

Edited by Colly

I think it leans towards whatever you have the least of, so in the beginning it's just random. There's a perk that automatically puts rookies up a class, so they'd start out with a class anyways. I used to think there might be a "what they do as rookies decides" thing in there.. but rookies level up after like, a kill or two so there really wouldn't be much room for growth there.

Is the assigning of classes random? Or is there a mechanic to it?

It's completely random. I know it doesn't assign based on what you have least on, because I've only had 2 Support the entire game. It makes me scared of losing my favorites. :(

Started fresh now I know what I'm doing. My first go around was quite poor in the early goings, not so much in missions (though that wasn't great) but mainly in research/building/fund management. Started new, in Africa. Going much smoother in the early on, no troop losses either, got my first very difficult mission of the playthrough coming up so it could end up messy.

Started fresh now I know what I'm doing. My first go around was quite poor in the early goings, not so much in missions (though that wasn't great) but mainly in research/building/fund management. Started new, in Africa. Going much smoother in the early on, no troop losses either, got my first very difficult mission of the playthrough coming up so it could end up messy.

Heads up; invest in better planes and weapons. It doesn't matter until the second half, when you've got no alloys for improvements and can't take down a single UFO with your crappy regular planes and guns. And get some for every country! Also Stealth Satellites.

Am I still alive :rolleyes: ?