New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

Well, this adventure with XCOM bugs has turned another page! Apparently, most, if not all the bugs, disappeared after the tutorial level was over. Now it just seems to crash at inconvient times but at least I can actually play the game now.

A question for people who have played around 8-9 hours of the game-

You know the first assault on an alien base, the one where you first encounter a mind control alien, how many troops did you send and how many did you lose?

Because I lost 4 of my 6 and I want to know how well/badly I'm doing.

You know the first assault on an alien base, the one where you first encounter a mind control alien, how many troops did you send and how many did you lose?

I lost two, I think. But it might have just been one that was flanked by my mind controlled team mate. Pretty much as soon as that fucker showed up I let out everything I had on him. Rocket + Sniper Double Tap = No more mind control.

I lost two, I think. But it might have just been one that was flanked by my mind controlled team mate. Pretty much as soon as that fucker showed up I let out everything I had on him. Rocket + Sniper Double Tap = No more mind control.

Ahhh, I knew I did quite badly. I lost two to them floating disk things, one got zombified and I had to kill a brainwashed sniper. Lost most of my most experienced troops in that one :/

Ahhh, I knew I did quite badly. I lost two to them floating disk things, one got zombified and I had to kill a brainwashed sniper. Lost most of my most experienced troops in that one :/

How far are you through the game? If you're near the end, you might actually have to call it a day on that save. You'll never defeat the final enemies without an experienced team.

How far are you through the game? If you're near the end, you might actually have to call it a day on that save. You'll never defeat the final enemies without an experienced team.

Only just did the first alien base mission. I've got 3 decent troops and about 12 new troops (but they all have classes).

Early days but methinks this is going to go very very badly for me. I'm glad as this is my "getting to learn it" game and I've not been renaming people as way too many casualties. I am starting to improve but think the funding will be pulled fairly shortly. I for one welcome our new insectoid zombie making overlords.

Just started playing, lots of fun! I only have a few EWBers so far (Ellis the sniper, myself for assault, and LL and Fitzy as rookies).

As the gender/countries come up, I'll be adding more.

Oh, and a moment of silence for my first casualty...Gazz.

Is there much difference between the console and the PC versions?

I have heaps more space on my PC's drive but I also have more games to play and X-Com risks getting lost in the never ending pile. If I got the PS3 version, I'd probably be able to find the time for it straight away.

When I finally worked out how to rename soldiers, on the PS3 demo, I happened to notice that I had a Canadian soldier. Naturally I made him ginger and called him Ruki.

Ruki then got himself killed. :crying:

Oh god...the very difficult missions are very difficult. Oh god...I don't know if I am getting all my vets out alive.

I say that and Ellis gets killed in one hit. Oh fuck me!

Run Fitzy run!

....fucking hell, the heavy I had from the beginning of the game is dead.

EVERYONE IS DYING! Fitzy has two of those spiders and like...3 zombies to deal with.

Edit: So.....lost 5 people. Saved no civilizans and Australia has withdrawn from the council. Fuck me.