AT THE DRIVE-IN REUNITE.

ROC

See, that just disappoints me. I was hoping for new music, not live shows. I saw the Mars Volta a few years ago (right around Bedlam I think) and it was the worst concert I've ever seen.

A tour is pretty much what I expected. It might lead to new music further down the line, but my first instinct straight away was that they'd be reforming for live shows; there's no money in albums any more, but there's a ton of money to be made from reunion tours. Why do you think so many bands are doing it? Fingers crossed for an ATP show...

• Like 1

What, when and where is this Coachella thing you are talking about? :shifty:

Music festival, usually the end of April, California.

Lineup

Also, holy shit, Mazzy Star is playing Coachella.

Yeah, I googled the line-up after I posted. There are some really cool names coming; Dr. Dre, Black Keys, Death Grips, WU LYF, SBTRKT, Weeknd, fucking Godspeed You! Black Emperor ( :w00t: ), Justice, DJ Shadow and of course At The Drive-In. Fuck, I'd actually really really want to catch that.

Anyone from EWB going? :shifty:

Yeah, I googled the line-up after I posted. There are some really cool names coming; Dr. Dre, Black Keys, Death Grips, WU LYF, SBTRKT, Weeknd, fucking Godspeed You! Black Emperor ( :w00t: ), Justice, DJ Shadow and of course At The Drive-In. Fuck, I'd actually really really want to catch that.

Anyone from EWB going? :shifty:

LL and Tristy are maybes. That's all I know of for right now.

A tip from someone who has been to Coachella (saw Tool, Coheed, Depeche Mode, etc. a few years back) -- take sunscreen if you burn easily, there are VERY FEW shady places and most will have a long line. Also, pay attention to the merch booths. The ones farthest from the entrance are usually the cheapest (by a few bucks, at least.) Nabbed my Tool "10,000 Days" Coachella shirt for $20 after noticing it for $30 in a booth near the entranceway.

Most importantly, get there early on the first day and learn how to get to each stage. This makes sticking to your schedule of bands that much easier. Though don't get discouraged if you miss out on a couple...after all, this is how I discovered first-hand that Wolfmother kicks all sorts of ass live.

Yeah, I'm not going to Coachella. I'm going to hold out hope for a line-up that looks similar to that for Bonnaroo this year. I'd have to get a hotel room in California, buy a plane ticket, and the festival tickets. I could probably stay at my roommates' girlfriend's house, but she annoys me and I don't think he's going/neither is she.

Bonnaroo is just too convenient for me not to go every year, even if the tickets are still a little bit pricey for my blood. The Mars Volta have been to the farm several times, last time was 2009, so maybe they'll come back this year, in one form or another (At the Drive-In or the Volta).

Really, though, aren't we all just waiting on a reunion for the Fall on Deaf Ears? WHO'S WITH ME?! :shifty:

Yeah, I'm not going to Coachella. I'm going to hold out hope for a line-up that looks similar to that for Bonnaroo this year. I'd have to get a hotel room in California, buy a plane ticket, and the festival tickets. I could probably stay at my roommates' girlfriend's house, but she annoys me and I don't think he's going/neither is she.

Bonnaroo is just too convenient for me not to go every year, even if the tickets are still a little bit pricey for my blood. The Mars Volta have been to the farm several times, last time was 2009, so maybe they'll come back this year, in one form or another (At the Drive-In or the Volta).

Really, though, aren't we all just waiting on a reunion for the Fall on Deaf Ears? WHO'S WITH ME?! :shifty:

Even though you're marginally closer to Bonna than I am, I still kick myself for not getting over to Manchester at least one year.

I'm calling it. One year in the not too distant future, you and I go around Bonnaroo spray-painting EWB on various people/stages/things and laugh knowing nobody else knows WTF we're on about. :shifty:

Other side of the spectrum, Omar & Cedric are keeping busy this year it seems, since the new Volta album will be out on March 27th, and is called "Noctourniquet".

Kind of odd to tour with a reunited At the Drive-In while their other band has a new album coming out. I wonder if somehow we'll get a Mars Volta/ATD-I tour.