General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'm in a mood for non-Final Fantasy JRPGs. I have Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles and enjoy them both, but someone recommend me some others. Are the Record of Agarest War games any fun? What about Trinity Universe?

Playing Far Cry 3. Holy balls this is great. I just killed a shark with a bow and arrow!

Definitely picking it up after Christmas. I'd get it now, but I've still got to finish Uncharted for vita, and Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs for PS3. I need to get on Walking Dead and Limbo too (which becomes part of plus tomorrow).

I'm in a mood for non-Final Fantasy JRPGs. I have Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles and enjoy them both, but someone recommend me some others. Are the Record of Agarest War games any fun? What about Trinity Universe?

Record of the Agarest War was....interesting. The battles can be a bit confusing, not much chance to grind, the battles (especially boss battles) can be unforgiving....but it was fun for the most part. I think I got to the third era before I put it down and just never picked it up again. The soul-breeding system was pretty cool though.

But JRPG? Persona 3! Possibly the best game I've played all year. Hyperdimension Neptunia seemed interesting. As did Mugen Souls. I like the sound of the Atelier games, just for the alchemy. Star Ocean: The Last Hope was enjoyable. And apparently Eternal Sonata was good. BAM! Some JRPGs for you Cloudster.

Also, random...the Dark Cloud games? Those were awesome. Never got far in 1 or 2, but they were so much fun. There should be a sequel.

It does. It took me longer to get that than most of the others combined.

Any advice?

I seem to recall that Mysterio has a combination of moves that serves best, but I can't recall exactly what it was (I believe it's a running move that you can spam). Prop the game on easiest setting and lower countering down to minimum, then go from there. Also, judging by the time it took me, it's actually more than 1004 holds.

The Persona series (specifically 3 + 4) are great games, though they are PS2 games. If you have a Wii check out Xenoblade Chronicles, also a rather grand game. Also Tales of Vesperia for the XBOX (and maybe PS3).

I played Eternal Sonata years ago and still cant decide whether it was good or not.

Ive been thinking about Persona for a while. Do you need to have the strategy guide in front of you the whole time like other Atlus games?

Nope. I played through most of Persona 3 blind.

The only time I looked for help was when I was trying to fuse stronger Persona's and had no idea how to get the weaker counterparts. Also I looked for a strategy on beating The Reaper, since doing so unlocks an awesome area for power-leveling which helped me beat the last boss.

The Persona series (specifically 3 + 4) are great games, though they are PS2 games. If you have a Wii check out Xenoblade Chronicles, also a rather grand game. Also Tales of Vesperia for the XBOX (and maybe PS3).

Boo, the PS3 port of Tales is Japan-only. :(

It does. It took me longer to get that than most of the others combined.

Any advice?

I seem to recall that Mysterio has a combination of moves that serves best, but I can't recall exactly what it was (I believe it's a running move that you can spam). Prop the game on easiest setting and lower countering down to minimum, then go from there. Also, judging by the time it took me, it's actually more than 1004 holds.

What i did was change my signature to like a real simple boxing combo 3 when they are down and then my finish to a face stomp then when you get them really wore down you can just do knee drop signature finisher repeat, took me like 3 hours still it was stupid i have never been so happy to get an achievement ever