General Gaming Thread

TKz

Peter Molyneux saying "could we take the simplest possible conceivable thing - connecting people together and allowing them to tap on this massive cube" has convinced me that Peter Molyneux has never experienced conventional reality.

• Like 1

He's never known the touch of a woman.

I'm still disappointed that the prize wasn't a slightly pixelated, 5-bit colour image of Peter Molyneux's smiling face, accompanied by a tinny .WAV file of him saying "Well done PLAYER ONE.", followed by an animated GIF of some fireworks.

So im finishing up my games from 2011 my last one is WWE 12 which im playing now so i went and purchased all my 2012 games and just want everyones opinions on the games i purchased and if i should think about skipping any or anything like that.

Soul Calibur 5

UFC Undisputed 3

Prototype 2

Sleeping Dogs

Borderlands 2

Dishonored

Assassins Creed 3

WWE 13

Halo 4

Call Of Duty Black Ops 2

Hitman Absolution

Far Cry 3

UFC Undisputed 3

Prototype 2

Sleeping Dogs

Borderlands 2

Dishonored

WWE 13 - (If Only for the Attitude Mode)

Hitman Absolution

Far Cry 3

I'm a Playstation Owner, so Halo 4 was taken off my list be default, but thats the games I would play.

In other news, I'm loving Tiger Woods 14. Just started my career, and in the Q School tournament, I was one shot back on the leader going into the last hole. My 2nd shot at the par 5 found the rough at the back of the green, and I got lucky, chipping in for eagle to win it outright.

I only needed to finish in the top 50 to get my PGA Tour card, but that was satisfying.

It's definitely the best in the series though. It's actually hard from the rough and the bunkers to pull off a decent shot.

Bit of an odd turn around given that a few months ago their President shame quit because the sales were so weak compared to their estimates.

• Like 1

In good news for fans of games in these franchises, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and the new Hitman all reached Square-Enix's expectations, and were all likely to receive sequels.

Hurrah! I am a fan of all three of those - however I find it quite interesting that Hitman hit those expectations.

I hope the potential Sleeping Dogs follow-up is more of a 'spiritual sequel' than a direct continuation. In the same way that the True Crime series has built itself around a different city each game, I'm keen to see what the development team can do in a new location. We've had a couple of American cities and now Hong Kong, so I hope the next game is set in another new country.

In good news for fans of games in these franchises, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and the new Hitman all reached Square-Enix's expectations, and were all likely to receive sequels.

Wait, what? Where did you hear that? I've seen a bunch of reports saying that those three well undersold their targets (albeit targets that were stupidly high) and their wasn't much hope for sequels.

This was the original thread I saw, but having delved deeper, it looks like people are doing a lot of reading into it, and the title was misleading. Still, considering how strong Square was on building their IPs, it wouldn't surprise me if they do go for the sequels.