General Gaming Thread

TKz

So UFC 4 is super fun.

The new controls take some getting used to but you're able to change them back to old style of you don't want to.

I love how smooth and rapid strikes in the clinch are now. In 3 throwing knees looked like your fighter had concrete boots on. Now you can get in 3 or 4 in the same time. Same with uppercuts.

Power Takedowns needing an extra button press to complete the slam is cool because you have a small window where you can carry the opponent where you want them.

I've had some wonky looking stoppages where I very clearly just punched the opponent's forearms instead of his face or head but he still goes limp for a knockout.  They also still look weird with your side just stopping because The refs don't actually dive in to stop it still.

The new submission system is far easier to use and way less infuriating. You don't have to have max boosted stats to get a choke or block a Kimura attempt anymore.

12 hours ago, apsham said:

Has anyone messed around much with Parsec? I've been on and off doing some test streaming some Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on Twitch and figured that I could get some multiplayer sessions going if it works as well as it does for the NL Live guys.

I have done quite a bit of messing around with Parsec, it's super stable and definitely super fun to mess around with it and play classic PS2 era games together with online mates.

Rarely but sometimes it inexplicably loses latency and it just refuses to stabilize, even if the uplink is fine for everyone including one. But those are rare, and it's absolutely spectacular to be playing a game like Budokai Tenkaichi and everyone is having a good time without any hiccups.

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

So UFC 4 is super fun.

The new controls take some getting used to but you're able to change them back to old style of you don't want to.

I love how smooth and rapid strikes in the clinch are now. In 3 throwing knees looked like your fighter had concrete boots on. Now you can get in 3 or 4 in the same time. Same with uppercuts.

Power Takedowns needing an extra button press to complete the slam is cool because you have a small window where you can carry the opponent where you want them.

I've had some wonky looking stoppages where I very clearly just punched the opponent's forearms instead of his face or head but he still goes limp for a knockout.  They also still look weird with your side just stopping because The refs don't actually dive in to stop it still.

The new submission system is far easier to use and way less infuriating. You don't have to have max boosted stats to get a choke or block a Kimura attempt anymore.

How is the career mode? That's always the main attraction for me.

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

How is the career mode? That's always the main attraction for me.

Good so far. Not much different than 3 at this point though. It has all sorts of little improvements and a little backstory with your coach. You still get to the UFC way too fast. You'd think with the back yard and Kumite arenas there'd be some stuff with those at the start.

• Like 1

Oh but the real annoying thing is there's this pretty big creation setup with all sorts of cool, different gear but no matter what you choose your person gets stuck in the UFC Reebock stuff so it's pointless to use any of it outside for first 3 or 4 non UFC fights and training.

Edit:

Ohhhh. There are different ways to the UFC. I won in with the contender series. I could have fought elsewhere.

I believe there are three different ways to get to the UFC, and I believe in the regional circuit option, you have the choice to go to the UFC or stay in that promotion for a little bit longer.

EDIT: I think that's in the very trailer you posted, actually. So nevermind if it was.

Edited by tristy

Playing ME:A.

The aftermath of that first mission was cringe.

Spoiler

I called my character Shepard Ryder as a partial joke, with the headcanon that Papa Ryder was friends with of the Shepard family. Not named after *THE* Shepard, but their grandparents. And yeah... at least when Commander Shep got in charge of the Normandy it felt organic to the storyline. Ryder becomes a CO by merit of having an AI in her head? And the Captain can't be CO with Ryder being XO.... why exactly?

That's not even like Shep becoming CO. That's like if Shep was promoted to Fleet Admiral.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:01 AM, mattu29 said:

career mode is always the selling point for me to, whats the new social media and rivals like in it?

You can respond to certain social media with a positive or negative option. Positive improves your relationship which allows you to learn moves from them for less cash. Negative drives the relationship down but makes fight hype. It's not all that important tbh.

Oh just FYI you can turn off the override to Reebock gear in  Gameplay settings and wear whatever you want that you've unlocked.

So far the most interesting rivalry I've had is the apparent one that's formed between me and the boxing coach. I've accidentally KO'd him 4 or 5 times and now every other session he brusies my ribs.

• Like 1

So your Career Mode guy is a Rocky villain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

So far the most interesting rivalry I've had is the apparent one that's formed between me and the boxing coach. I've accidentally KO'd him 4 or 5 times and now every other session he brusies my ribs.

Knock me out once, shame on me. Knock me out 4-5 times, who are all these people wearing MMA gear and what are they doing in my bedroom?!

On 20/08/2020 at 14:40, Bobfoc said:

Does anyone here play Dead by Daylight? I tried it for the first time today and it looks like something that would be fun with friends.

I have it for PC and PS4. I haven't played it in a long time, because yeah, it's much more fun to play with three or four friends than randoms. I don't like speaking with people I don't know online anymore. Too much racism, homophobia, and children claiming they have banged my mother. 

Lol Batman's not dead.

Spoiler

Bruce as a Talon is the final or semi final boss. Bet on it.