Resident Evil 6 Confirmed with Trailer

EddieRuckus

Still doesn't confirm split screen, though it matters little to me as I'll more than likely play through online co op with my girlfriend. Should be fun.

EDIT: This from a review kind of does though...

"This is arguably the best co-op game available on PS3 alongside Borderlands 2," says Play. All three campaigns of RE6 support co-op play, whether you decide to play an "open" game online, or a private game so you can invite your friends, or use AI controlled teammates."

• 2 weeks later...

Have people seen any reviews yet?

My workmate yesterday told me, that on this Aussie gaming show, the presenters had given it 5 & 6 out of 10. Which doesn't sound too promising. :(

Review scores have been fairly scattered. Gamespot gave it 4.5 and Gametrailers gave it 8.8 (both out of 10), whilst the Metacritic score stands at 66 for the Xbox 360 version and 77 for the PS3 version. I guess the moral of the story is once again to take review scores with a large pinch of salt.

My splitscreen is a mess. Its a horizontal split but they only use about two thirds of the screen and are aligned off centre. Top screen is slightly to the left and bottom one to the right. Anyone seen this before? I think its the tv but RE5 worked fine.

It's kinda sad, having played every other major Resi game out there, I find it really hard to motivate myself into caring about this. I didn't even know it was out till I saw it in the shops the other day. It'd need to be balls to the wall amazing and I get the feeling it probably isn't :(

Most reviews I have seen, which aren't that many, and people viws have just been focused in saying "IT ISN'T LIKE THE OLD GAMES!!!!" rather than focusing on too much about what RE6 brings, or doesn't bring, to the table.

My splitscreen is a mess. Its a horizontal split but they only use about two thirds of the screen and are aligned off centre. Top screen is slightly to the left and bottom one to the right. Anyone seen this before? I think its the tv but RE5 worked fine.

Isn't that exactly the same as 5?

Isn't that exactly the same as 5?

5 played full screen for me. The difference i can think of is that i might not have been using a hdmi lead back then, so i presume its to do with that.

IGN gave it a 7.9/10, which means it is really good, but Capcom weren't willing to pay them off to nudge a couple extra points on there :shifty:

I didn't figure that was an IGN thing, more of a Gamespot thing. I quite like IGN and their new review format.. even if I think numbers like 7.9 are fucking stupid.

I would've got this if I still had my PS3 - the Anthology would be too friggin' sweet to pass up. But the Archives are shit.

I like IGN for news, because they get it early and from official sources, but I've never liked their reviews. Having said that, I've never liked scoring systems anyway, I don't think it's right to gauge how good you think a game is by that system, because it's so damned vague and varies from person to person. I do like Famitsu's ratings system, since that's spread across four reviewers, giving more chance for different view points, but even that's slipped over the years.

I really, really like 1UPs video reviews - or at least I did when I still went there. I've kind of defaulted to IGN because they get their reviews up on release day and 1UP can take a while sometimes. 1UPs video reviews though, had two reviewers sitting down and just.. talking about the game. They said what they liked and what they didn't.. it was pretty sweet. I hate it when ANY review source says "It's too similar to the last game" and takes off a bunch of points for it... because in some cases, I didn't PLAY the game that came before it. And I don't see how that's a down point anyways.