Resident Evil 6 Confirmed with Trailer

EddieRuckus

I'm tired of people looking back at Resident Evil 2 with rose tinted glasses - a game with movement like that would never fly in todays day and age. I really couldn't get into Resident Evil until 4 - and even then I wasn't too good with it due to the friggin' way that character has to move. It's so... damn unnatural the way you have to stop, aim, blah. And I don't chalk it down to "oh that's how a Resident Evil game is" 'cause that's just fake difficulty. Story is convuluted as hell too - and I think the settings of 4 and 5 really put people off.

So I guess I am basically saying that I fully welcome a reboot of sorts.

I don't think it's a rose-tinted glasses thing, it was a great game in its time. Many games from that era would never fly today and it has made the games nearly impossible to play today, but it was a highlight of the PS1 days.

I'm tired of people looking back at Resident Evil 2 with rose tinted glasses - a game with movement like that would never fly in todays day and age. I really couldn't get into Resident Evil until 4 - and even then I wasn't too good with it due to the friggin' way that character has to move. It's so... damn unnatural the way you have to stop, aim, blah. And I don't chalk it down to "oh that's how a Resident Evil game is" 'cause that's just fake difficulty. Story is convuluted as hell too - and I think the settings of 4 and 5 really put people off.

So I guess I am basically saying that I fully welcome a reboot of sorts.

I don't think it's a rose-tinted glasses thing, it was a great game in its time. Many games from that era would never fly today and it has made the games nearly impossible to play today, but it was a highlight of the PS1 days.

Yeah you're right - it was pretty great for its time when there was nothing to compare it to. The fake difficulty of the character movement is my main gripe.

I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy the combat in a Resident Evil. Stop, SHOOT, Move. STOP. SHOOT. move. There's no excuse for it, it doesn't add anything to the game at all and it's completely unrealistic.

Another reason I'm looking forward to Operation Raccoon City, it looks to be 1000x more fluid than any other RE game.

Might as well just turn this into the general 2012 Resident Evil thread.

Here's the latest trailer for Operation: Raccoon City

No gameplay footage in that one, but it's still awesome.

Here's the multiplayer trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBUEw92amxk