Resident Evil 6 Confirmed with Trailer

EddieRuckus

Now I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed the action gameplay that was apparent in RE4, more so in RE5. From what I can gather of the trailer it's notched up quite a bit in 6, and that's not a bad thing, looks really awesome and based on the trailer alone it's probably a day one pick-up for me.

Judging by the trailer there's a ton of characters, I hope we get a mishmash of everything. The tight quarters of RE1, the character change element of RE2, the being chased by a huge fuck off monster of RE4, the test of will in dealing with a useless partner of having to look after someone in RE4, and the chaotic mass explosions of RE5 :wub:

Resident Evil isn't that good, and hasn't really been that good since RE2.

This.

Seriously, how many times can Umbrella infect a city only to be thwarted by two people with handguns?

• Like 1

It seems sorta....missing something.

One of the charms of the early RE games is that even with everything going on, they kept a sort of ridiculous campy tone to them that made them very fun to play. RE4 absolutely embraced this and as a result was the best game, while RE5 scaled it back and I feel suffered for it.

This one, it seems like they're trying to make it all gritty and serious, and again, I think it shifts everything away from what made the RE games so much fun.

Plus, there appears to be no Wesker. And without Wesker, RE is nothing but a shell.

Looks fun, but I'm still looking forward to Operation Raccoon City more. I really hope it doesn't suck, I love the concept.

Big year for RE, Operation Raccoon City, Revelations and now RE6

It does look good... but if any game series needs a reboot, it's this one. Starting over entirely at the Raccoon City mansion, getting rid of Umbrella and making it more of a horror mystery and less sci-fi shoot-em-up like the last few games have been. Just shake the whole thing up and do something radically different, because right now, its mythology is just a big jumbled mess.

I'm tired of people looking back at Resident Evil 2 with rose tinted glasses - a game with movement like that would never fly in todays day and age. I really couldn't get into Resident Evil until 4 - and even then I wasn't too good with it due to the friggin' way that character has to move. It's so... damn unnatural the way you have to stop, aim, blah. And I don't chalk it down to "oh that's how a Resident Evil game is" 'cause that's just fake difficulty. Story is convuluted as hell too - and I think the settings of 4 and 5 really put people off.

So I guess I am basically saying that I fully welcome a reboot of sorts.

• Like 1

STAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSss.

Resi 3 was great. The Nemesis always turned up at the right moment to freak me out. I've only completed 1 and 3 so that's got to count for something.

I do like 4 and 5 though and the control is definitely better now they've added the alternative movement system to the later games. 2 seemed good but I only ever played the demo, compared to owning the others.

If I had to pick a single ultimate RE game it would be RE2. I loved the first game, but the sequel expands on it in all the right ways. I preferred the GC REmake to the original, but its still a fantastic game. RE3 was pretty good but just more of the same, Nemesis was better than the silly Mr Big. If they remade RE 2 i would come in my pants. RE4 was amazing, but really didn't feel like a Resi game. 5 was ok but just silly overall. This will probably be good, but only just good.