Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Your Mom

The demo is out and I thought it was pretty good. Anyone else play it? It's a lot like Fable but it seems way darker which is fun. Plus if you play the demo you get exclusive items in the full game and in Mass Effect 3. It comes out in a few weeks and I think it's worth a look.

Mass Effect 3 items? Sold!

• Like 1

I had a few problems with the demo. Sometimes, conversations wouldn't start up and then they suddenly would after I left the area and it speed through it without me getting any input and put me back where I was.

But it's very fun. Lots of Dragon Age and Fable influences (two franchises that I love) which hooked me in once I get outta the intro area. Looking forward to it though, I might end up having to pick it up.

It'll get instantly debunked when ME3 comes out, but that's just the nature of the beast.

It'll be tied to your EA account, I imagine.

Anyway, I got to the first village, found a glitch to keep selling items but still keep them. Then for no raisin I slaughtered everyone. I did a side quest for someone and with about 5 minutes of the demo left, my Xbox froze. FFS.

What exactly do you need to do to get the ME3 items? Just spend the 45 minutes in the demo or actually persue the quest to it's end?

It'll be tied to your EA account, I imagine.

Anyway, I got to the first village, found a glitch to keep selling items but still keep them. Then for no raisin I slaughtered everyone. I did a side quest for someone and with about 5 minutes of the demo left, my Xbox froze. FFS.

What exactly do you need to do to get the ME3 items? Just spend the 45 minutes in the demo or actually persue the quest to it's end?

I also would like to know this.

I've followed the main quest and it says it can only be completed on the main game so I guess you just need to see the 45 minutes through. Well, 45 minutes after you complete the tutorial cave.

EDIT: Yep, 45 minutes up and it say i've unlocked the ME3 item.

Just played it. I'll not be rushing out to but it, though I might pick it up cheap. It does remind of Fable (and I love Fable 2), but without the charm. It does have elements of Dragon Age, which is nice; but I'm just not sure how much I'd play it when, well, I could be on Skyrim instead!

The world and the lore do feel a little 'generic fantasy' too.

But the gameplay was fine and there's some nice options to mess around with, and if the story-telling in the quests is good then I could get into it.

• 2 weeks later...