Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

It looks small and inviting. Like everywhere else looks like a lot of work. Especially since it seems to be somewhat stable since England hasn't been all broken up. I might see if I can take Scotland or at least a chunk out of Scotland. Do you have the be allies with someone for your troops to go through their land?

It looks small and inviting. Like everywhere else looks like a lot of work. Especially since it seems to be somewhat stable since England hasn't been all broken up. I might see if I can take Scotland or at least a chunk out of Scotland. Do you have the be allies with someone for your troops to go through their land?

Nope.

When is a peasant rebellion over? I beat their army, I don't see them anymore, but I didn't get a notice saying they were done for.

If the army's defeated, it's over (peasant rebels can't regroup like normal armies can, once they lose, they lose). In CK2 they're never more than one-province affairs and they go away by themselves if you wait long enough.

Okay it turns out Scotland has a really strong army so fuck them. Wales it is and soon TMW shall be my vassal :pervert:

Also what makes someone what they are? Is it just their place of birth? Because I keep importing people and am worried that there won't be any Irish people left at this rate (yes I realise this makes me sound like some right wing nutbag).

Okay it turns out Scotland has a really strong army so fuck them. Wales it is and soon TMW shall be my vassal :pervert:

Also what makes someone what they are? Is it just their place of birth? Because I keep importing people and am worried that there won't be any Irish people left at this rate (yes I realise this makes me sound like some right wing nutbag).

They inherit the culture of one of their parents, which I think is more or less random, and then their culture can be influenced by their tutor, as I explicitly point out in my diary. Read better, Quom!

Ugh! Succession. Why is it so hard to have a marriage that gets me a duchy? It happened randomly once, thought I was gonna get it with Gywyndeddd but my son's wife inherited the title, even though she has a man around to rule things now! I thought this was supposed to be a male-dominated society.

Basically I think Ireland is on the downturn now. Vassals starting to get uppity, leaders dying too quickly, blegh.

They inherit the culture of one of their parents, which I think is more or less random, and then their culture can be influenced by their tutor, as I explicitly point out in my diary. Read better, Quom!

I don't think you understand how I have played this game. No doubt you have noticed that I have put 50+ hours in since you doubtless Steam stalk me like I do you <3. But I spent 40+ of those hours starting a game, playing for a few hours, declaring war on the wrong person, getting whopped and then needing to re-start. I mean it was only this morning I needed to work out how to put people into ships since I'd never got that far before.

So whilst I have read your diary and will read it whenever you update it because it's not only great, but super mega helpful, a lot of the stuff you covered in no way pertained to anything I could do when I read it. Seriously my previous hours were spent getting a chancellor to go somewhere, spamming the fair,hunt,feat cycle and then biting off more than I could chew and quitting.

One of the games, I started off somewhere and I didn't realise but my starting wife was my cousin and we had 3 kids (the heir having the lovely inbred trait) before I realised and killed her. My heir then dropped dead a disfigured freak. I had to stop playing because how could anyone respect me after that.

And that sound y'all heard was me usurping the throne of England. I am now six Kings. Scotland, Wales and Ireland have been around for aaaaages. Andalusia I got from the Holy War I did a way back. Brittany I got by accident, my bloodline converged with that of the Queen of Brittany and I had her murdered so my heirs could clean up and, finally, after helping them win a couple of wars and getting King Mark un-excommunicated because you can't usurp a title from somebody at war, I'm King of England too. Next stop - Empire of Britannia and the British Isles entirely coloured in Scottish! SCOTLAND EY!

I think you can still make King of Scotland your primary title, though. May help with that.

Your primary title has to be of the highest level of title you hold IIRC... and Emperor is higher than King.

I would guess the only way to change the realm colour is via a mod (I downloaded and used a colour mod pack in on of the Europa Universalis games), but I don't know a) if it could apply to an existing save game, or b) how to do it. :shifty:

Feel vaguely in the mood to delve back into either Europa Universalis 3 or Victoria 2, not sure which. I suppose it might depend on what kind of 'mission' I can dream up (short of the usual BRITISH DOMINATION OF THE WORLD type).

Not Hearts of Iron 2 though. For some reason I have no real desire to play a WW2 sim these days. I even own a copy of HoI3 which has never been played. :lol:

You can also look forward to all your vassals rebelling at once too because you're not English.

Or Irish.

Or Welsh.

Or Andalusian.

Or Breton.

(Y)