Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

It took me a while to figure out improvements as well. I tend to build up castle villages/towns/etc. early on to get the tax revenue. Right now I'm in a position where I can hire some of the cheaper mercenary bands and barely lose any money paying them.

I'd like to do it like that because then the extra money makes paying for the other improvements easier.

BUILD CITY WALLS FIRST, AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS LATER!

The beginning of the Empire currently ruled by the latest in a long line of Ua Briain Emperors...

Dara_O_Briain_1434808c.jpg

All hail Emperor Dara XIII 'the Jolly' of Britannia.

• Like 1

Geez, Norway's getting carved up pretty bad there.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Norway stay whole for more than a few decades. They're crazy for civil wars.

Geez, Norway's getting carved up pretty bad there.

You should see the rest of the map. All of Africa bar Mali and Egypt is under HRE control, the east coast of Spain is French but at least the Muslims have been kicked out, Sicily is now de jure part of Britannia as is Jerusalem. The west coast of Scotland have converted to the Irish culture, The Rus control probably quarter of the map but are being hammered by the Golden Horde in Eastern Europe and Poland and Hungary have been at war pretty much constantly for nearly 200 years.

Let's focus less on his gluttony and more on how his stats are pish.

This is the first time I've had any input with Amalgaid as he was born and raised in England, his father was King of England and his mother was the eldest daughter of the King of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

Also, where's the fun in playing as a brave, virtuous genius when you can play as a fat, sinful dwarf with one leg...

I started a game as the Earl of Northumberland or whatever it's called, the county west of Norfolk. I lasted for almost a year, dying in what was probably one of the final battles of the successful Saxon defense of England from Norway(who had already surrendered) and Normandy(who was almost done). Final score: 46.

On my first successful game. Right now I am Queen Jeep I of Ireland, have that all locked up, all duchies are mine. My mom was the princess of a Norwegian county, then she died and it passed to me. So that's cool. Third ruler and I had to wait through Jeep's regency period, but it was all good. Mercenaries are amazing, they won me Ireland. Lately I've just been shuffling around my court, taking people out, making them revolt, that sort of thing. I think Ireland's pretty much all loyal by this point.

Next stop: Britannia!

I just got a fabricated claim on an entire duchy (rather than a single county) for the first time. I totally didn't know that could happen! :o Awesomeness.

Yeah, if you try to fabricate somewhere where the county owner has higher titles you can fabricate claims on them too (I think you can even do it for king titles). I think it's mostly luck though.