Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I had started a game as Duke of Meath. I had taken control of all the Duke of Lenster's territory and the game crashed!

Stupid game. I started as Stannis. John Arryn died. Rob gave me the Vale. But it switched me to controlling Robert...lame.

Press `

type char_info on

hover curser over Stannis

character id should come up

type ` again

type play then the character id

press enter

Alternatively save the game and then select the save on the saved games screen, and just click on the Vale and play from there.

In Red Viper news, Obera is married to Edmure Tully, Nymera will marry Renly and Tyrene is betrothed to Jon Snow. I have another two daughters (Elia and Syrella) and two sons, Tristifer by the wife of my Castellan, and Aegon by my concubine (who's also the mother of Elia and Syrella).

Almost married Obera off to Viserys Targaryen but his lunacy was a barrier.

You know how sometimes, things can all just go to shit all at once when your character dies? Hyup. King Frances of Scotland did at age 80+, leaving the Kingdom to Mark, one of his (many) sons, at which point all hell broke loose as Henry, another son, raised an army and convinced three or four dukes of the realm to join him in overthrowing Mark. Which they came bloody close to doing, and might have managed it without judicious application of mercenaries and the fact Duke Patrick of Ulster stayed loyal. Then, after starting the war, Mark died in battle and left his 15-year-old son John to try to clean up the mess. Well done, Mark, you reigned for less than twelve sodding months but started a civil war.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

By the time he died Oberyon had 19 kids by 9 women, and his daughters were married off to a host of high borne lords. Renly, Joffrey Baratheon (the son of Stannis weirdly), Loras Tyrell, Edmure Tully.

His second surviving son (pneumonia claimed like 5 of my children) married the heir to the Iron Throne, Robert insists on attempting to outlive everyone, with Ned Stark, Jon Arryn, Mace Tyrell, Doran Martell, Hoster Tully and Tywin Lannister all dead.

My heir Tristifer looks set to follow in my footsteps, having fathered 6 children by 5 women, including the current Lord Paramount of the North, a daughter of Ned Stark. Robb joined the Kingsguard and holds Ice, Jon Snow was never legitimised and married a daughter of mine and holds a fief in the North.

Jon Arryn's daughter died aged 14, meaning the Vale reverted to King Robert, although Renly would usurp it, making him a dual Lord Paramount, to the disgust of several local lords who rebelled. Renly dies, my granddaughter becomes Lady Paramount of the Stormlands and the Vale, although another rebellion occurs.

Robert's now known as 'the Unworthy' and for the first time in a game Cersei still lives. She usually dies of gonorrea.

I've become King of Ireland on my CK1 game. I started off as Duke of Lenster and grew to be King of Ireland before my starter guy died (I can't keep track of any names on this game). His son took over and promptly lost Galway, Lagin, Tir Eoghan and worst of all Dublin to England. I don't like this guy. He's a terrible king and his kids keep dying. He's gone through two wives and half of his children, mostly girls, have died.

I'm a single county away from being able to form the Kingdom of Ireland! Can I do it before King John the Wicked dies and probably leaves his son Mark (AGAIN) to be at the centre of a civil war (AGAIN)? Probably not, because goddamn people hate Mark already. John has been a Kinslayer for damn near all but the first year or so of his reign (I slightly forgot I was related to the guy on the other side of the civil war and executed him) and is still infinitely more popular than bloody Mark is

I am incredibly terrible at this game in comparison to you guys :( I wish it was possible to watch someone and have them explain what they are doing. All of the lets plays seem to be from people who are nearly as clueless as I am. But I do have fun just bumbling around and not really expanding.

there are difficulty levels? Seriously I had no idea of this. I shall pretend I was playing on rock hard, but like a hacked version that is a trillion times harder than anything anyone else could play on.

I want to do a diary. Do I:

a) start as the King of a nation and git to conquering...

b) do like Overload, start as a duke and git to conquering...

c) go even further and start as a count, before gitting to conquering...

d) do one of those games where you just let the world develop around you (and maybe git to conquering) or...

e) play the Game of Thrones mod?