Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Eventually I manage finish off all the opposition and execute my bastard brother

Kinslayer! :o

I never got a trait for it and he rose up in rebellion, what was I supposed to do? I quite like it when you capture lords in battles an can ransom them back, quite the decent little money earner. Also learning how to set out my armies so I don't have one flank that has about 17 people in it and is led by a nobody and how to move all the horses into one unit so they can chase after retreating armies. Pretty tempted to get the GoT mod but I think I'll wait until I understand the game better.

What is the longest one of your characters has lived for? King Duncan 'The Great' Dunkeld, the second of his name, is now 75. Been thinking he's going to die any minute for the past 20 years. He's outlived three of his sons now.

And I just wed my grandson, the next in line for the throne, (his father was the first from my first marriage) to my daughter (from my third marriage). Gotta keep that bloodline strong.

Also, I have no idea how Duncan ended up with 'The Great' name. His father Malcolm is noted as 'The Cruel' for some reason as well.

Duncan died pretty much straight after the wedding. Being an excommunicated homosexual is really fucking Malcolm IV's reign over before it even begins!

He does however have the highest rating in the swords category out of everyone that is on the verge of revolting (Which is basically everyone with a claim) and has additional stats for being an unpredictable leader (30%+ on the battlefield) and an organiser (20%+ movement time), so maybe that'll see him through.

With five kids ranging from seventeen years old to just two, Count Leon of Carcassone is still going strong himself. Pity I'm stuck with Agnatic-Cognatic (or whatever the bloody name is) because my first daughter, Maria, would have been a cracking ruler.

Make that six. There are actually three Leons in the family tree - Count Leon, the now 68-year-old head honcho with a second province under his belt and a claim on a third; Leon Jr, heir to the county of Carcassone (Foix, the second province) is going to his brother Marc); and Count Leon, the original Leon's grandson.

Couple of quick questions that I guess will be easier to get an answer to on here than trawling through the tutorial. What is highest amount of counties I can give to someone to rule? I'm thinking it is three but just want conformation. Also, when I go to declare war, I'll get told that I cannot do it because the state is independent, even when I have de jure rights on the county, wassupwitdat?

Couple of quick questions that I guess will be easier to get an answer to on here than trawling through the tutorial. What is highest amount of counties I can give to someone to rule? I'm thinking it is three but just want conformation. Also, when I go to declare war, I'll get told that I cannot do it because the state is independent, even when I have de jure rights on the county, wassupwitdat?

Firstly, there is no limit on giving counties to someone, although someone over their demesne limit will take penalties. Your demesne limit is in the top right corner and usually says something like '3/7'. And when you can't declare war on someone because they aren't independent, it means you have to declare the war on their liege - just go to their screen and see who they're a vassal to, then declare war on that guy.

Firstly, there is no limit on giving counties to someone, although someone over their demesne limit will take penalties. Your demesne limit is in the top right corner and usually says something like '3/7'. And when you can't declare war on someone because they aren't independent, it means you have to declare the war on their liege - just go to their screen and see who they're a vassal to, then declare war on that guy.

Yeah, after wiping out all of my brothers, mine is at 17/7, so I need to share the wealth. But last time I did this, I gave one guy the five north counties in Ireland and when I checked back he'd given two to two people from outside the family, caused no end of trouble til I took their heads off.

And that makes sense with the vassal stuff, cheers!

So how often do thse events I hear you guys talking about happen?

So far, every time I've had a new ruler come in there has been a war of succession. And then you have uprisings to deal with, court intrigue, extending your dynasty through marriage and so on. There is pretty much always something to do.

I generally try not to give courtiers more than one county unless they're a Duke. More often than not they operate on gavelkind which means the bits get split up into angry warring brothers. And angry warring brothers means they don't contribute as many troops to my far more important wars.

I think, and I could be wrong, that all of the features that are part of the DLC were also part of the 1.6 patch. So in effect you are only paying to be able to play as Muslims who only have slightly different ways of doing things than the regular characters.

I'm personally going to wait until it's half price (if it ever is) or until I work out how to actually play properly and feel as if I have done all I can besides that. At the moment I feel as if I have barely scratched the surface of the game.