Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I think I just lost a whole day playing this game. Decided to play as the King of Scotland because the computer said that playing as a King was easier than a lower rank. Its all just crazy to start off with, I'm only in control of one county and the rest just have me as their liege so there is constant rebellion, my bastard brother rises up against me as well. Eventually I manage finish off all the opposition and execute my bastard brother. Then its expansion time, taking over the isles to the north as well as the Isle of Man. Then the King dies and his son comes in and its more of the same, just at the end of his reign and I've got five counties in Ireland, Scotland, Isle of Man and down to Northumbria in England. Ended up with eight offspring from three wifes, including two sets of twins, and one bastard. But my eldest died of some disease so everything is going to get past to my grandson but pretty much all of my kids have at least a county under their control (As I can't figure out how to raise up the amount of counties I can be in control of at once past six) and I don't know what the hell will happen when my current guy pops his clogs.

Is there a way to get people to accept an invitation to court? I scouted out some people with good stats for my council but they all live elsewhere and won't come to court, surely I should just be able to tell them to come work for me. Not managed to get anyone on board with a plot to kill yet, either.

Love the game though, great stuff.

Is there a way to get people to accept an invitation to court? I scouted out some people with good stats for my council but they all live elsewhere and won't come to court, surely I should just be able to tell them to come work for me. Not managed to get anyone on board with a plot to kill yet, either.

Only two ways I've found is marry them matrilineally to women at your court (women can only be spymasters on the council) or if they have a claim on a title and you are able to press it for them, they will come.

I'll give that a whirl. Although when I've tried to marry bastards that made it on to my council matrilineally they weren't interested in courtiers, so I can't imagine it'll go much better with people with claims.

Right.

So Malcolm dies. King Duncan II is in power for maybe two years before he gets assassinated by his wife and evil spymaster working in tandem. King Matthew I is five years old, but imprisons his mother and fights the spymaster to a standstill before getting ambushed by the opportunistic English. Dynasty dead.

Only two ways I've found is marry them matrilineally to women at your court (women can only be spymasters on the council) or if they have a claim on a title and you are able to press it for them, they will come.

Sometimes they'll just accept the invitation if they really don't like their current liege and like you (like if you have lots of traits in common)

Anyone else having difficulty with the game crashing? I was in the middle of playing and BAM! Crashes. I re-load, unpause and BAM! Crashes again.

Figured I would restart....yeah, didn't work. This is fucking retarded. I had a great game going too. Now I have no motivation to play this if all my saves are gonna get fucked like this.

Anyone else having difficulty with the game crashing? I was in the middle of playing and BAM! Crashes. I re-load, unpause and BAM! Crashes again.

Figured I would restart....yeah, didn't work. This is fucking retarded. I had a great game going too. Now I have no motivation to play this if all my saves are gonna get fucked like this.

That used to happen to me. Then I stopped trying to run it on a laptop. <_<

I've found a large part of the game that people miss out on is castle improvement, which is probably the number one reason you want to keep your economy strong and not spend all your time constantly at war (as well as why you want to delegate territory to vassals rather than holding it all yourself, other than the relationship penalty, because those castle improvements are hella expensive and you don't want to have to pay for it all yourself). It's easy to miss early on, but if you play to the late game without doing some then you'll quickly find yourself swamped due to your castles having crappy defences and unable to raise more than a bare minimum of troops.

It's a trait characters can have, doesn't do much other than lower their fertility. I once married my son to a lesbian for shits and giggles.

The way I understand it, it's a random event. Your character takes a hit in the opinion department, as their court & vassals disapprove of homosexuality.

That used to happen to me. Then I stopped trying to run it on a laptop. <_<

But I can't not play it on a laptop. Sigh.

Will try later on when I get home. Maybe a day of rest is what my laptop needs or something :shifty: