Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

So for $9..99usd I can get the vanilla game.

For $12.49usd I can get the vanilla game, plus:

-Dynasty Shields

-Mongol Faces

-Songs of Albion

-Songs of Faith

-Ruler Designer

-Songs of the Holy Land

There's also

-Songs of the Caliph for $0.49usd

-African Unit Pack for $0.49usd

-Sword of Islam for $2.49usd

I'm thinking I'll be buying the lot for those prices :)

Also, in this game, the Pope lives in Portugal after he gave Rome to the Holy Roman Empire because they kicked the Muslims out of Italy.

Popes lived all over the place in real life, at one point. Especially in the Great Schism when there were Multi-Popes!

I deleted CK I from my laptop as it kept crashing and I was in need of space on my hard drive.

So if I have de jure claims over everything a guy has, do I really have to wage war over them one county at a time, or is there a more efficient way to take all his stuff? :shifty:

Once you have more than 50% of his lands, you can usurp his title, then you should be able to wage a final war for the rest of his lands.

So if I have de jure claims over everything a guy has, do I really have to wage war over them one county at a time, or is there a more efficient way to take all his stuff? :shifty:

Once you have more than 50% of his lands, you can usurp his title, then you should be able to wage a final war for the rest of his lands.

It can be slow going before that, though.

One thing I like to do is take a county, assassinate the leader, then attack again immediately - I had a truce with the old ruler, but not with this new guy :shifty:

So, the Caliph of Egypt decided that he wants Sicily.

This is going to be painful...

At least I've managed to unite the thrones of Ireland and Scotland though under King Eoghan I's gluttonous buttocks.

Playing a game as the ruler of the Byzantine Empire, and as you start you're at war. I lost that war horribly through hilarious military mismanagement, and in the process my heir wound up Incapable. He died a few short years later at the age of 21, making the next in line.. a kind homosexual. D'oh. So, my guy died at 74 from a natural death and his gay son took the throne.

Said son's reign was short, however, as he died a maimed cripple at the age of 27 after leading troops into battle against some Muslims that had called a jihad on us. So for what seemed like an excruciatingly long time I had to play as a little kid with a regent, but he's finally come of age and has a slew of great traits (and wroth, but that was because during a Great Hunt I didn't want to risk him getting maimed or wounded attacking a bear).

Fun game.

Next time I start a new game I'm totally making notes. Not going to post up a diary or anything (can't be arsed with screenshots and writing anything sufficiently padded), but after about 100 years into my Scotland game I'm regretting not having a record of all the shit that happened. It would be fun to read back over afterwards.

Like the time I (as Duncan II) had no male heir and didn't want my brother Donnel to take it, on account of him being a smarmy dick who's spent his whole life running errands in Germany for the Holy Roman Emperor, but my wife was in her late fifties and hence no longer up to making kiddies. So I start a plot to get my wife killed but my drunkard bishop blabbed in a pub one night and suddenly no one wanted in on my scheme any more. In completely unconnected news, soon after my wife starts up a plot to kill me (CAN'T IMAGINE WHY) so I send the guards - those useless, bumbling guards - out to arrest her. She instead scarpers to Wales and proceeds to live in dignity...until the age of 65. At which point I scream "YES!" and go bag myself the dumbest 17 year old Polish wench I can find. She's called Helena and can't tie her shoelaces but after a mere two years of explaining to her the mechanics of sex and why it's totally in her interest to bang this 55 year old geezer she finally gets the idea and pumps out six kids in quick succession.

Meanwhile my only existing daughter - not from my first wife but rather from the same court harlot, Elspeth, who had given my dad a bastard daughter when he was king too - died. Her name was Annabella and she was Honest/Kind/Brave/Just/Generous/etc. and she died aged 20. Life is fucking cruel.

Meanwhile my kids grew up and my eldest son (Robert) reached adulthood, so now it becomes a game of waiting for myself to die. ...And waiting... ...And waiting... ...Finally when I'm about 80 years old one of my other younger brothers Christopher (whom I had intentionally tutored whilst playing as King Malcolm to be an ambitious throne-grabbing bastard just to make things more fun later on) finally can take no more and starts a bit of a civil war. He enlists the help of the DUKE OF MORAY (capitalised because I hate him so much - no matter who holds this title he always seems to be a cunt) but I fight them off. However in the meantime Robert has got himself maimed somehow and is no longer suitable for kingship. This would be fine it it passed on to his brother Findlay (or third brother Malcolm), but he's got himself a 6 year old kid and it's this unfortunate sprog who becomes King of Scotland when old Duncan II finally kicks the bucket at age 85.

Cue immediate and obvious civil war from Findlay/Malcolm/anyone else who wants a go at taking out this kid. Fun times lie ahead no doubt.

Playing as a Duke has been more eventful than any of the other playthroughs I've done. I think I may attempt a diary in The Cube as a Count or a Duke.

Playing as a Duke has been more eventful than any of the other playthroughs I've done. I think I may attempt a diary in The Cube as a a Count or a Duke.

Yeah, people have a tendency to go right for the King or Emperor titles, but playing as a vassal to someone else actually gives you tons more events and plots and stuff cause you have more of a clear goal to work towards.

I have a plan: once my shoulder has healed enough to let me type things at more than a snail's pace, I'm going rename some pointless English Earl as 'Edmond', create the House of Blackadder and possibly forge a diary from it.

I have a plan: once my shoulder has healed enough to let me type things at more than a snail's pace, I'm going rename some pointless English Earl as 'Edmond', create the House of Blackadder and possibly forge a diary from it.

I smell a hof thread!

Damn I missed a trick there.

I have a cunning plan: once my shoulder has healed enough to let me type things at more than a snail's pace, I'm going rename some pointless English Earl as 'Edmond', create the House of Blackadder and possibly forge a diary from it.

Better.

Playing as a Duke has been more eventful than any of the other playthroughs I've done. I think I may attempt a diary in The Cube as a a Count or a Duke.

Yeah, people have a tendency to go right for the King or Emperor titles, but playing as a vassal to someone else actually gives you tons more events and plots and stuff cause you have more of a clear goal to work towards.

Here's a goal for you: CONTINENTAL DOMINATION. Form the Empire of Britannia, sail south to fuck some Muslim shit up (at the moment, more than half the Iberian peninsula is Muslim and about a third belongs to the Abbadid Emirate) and metaphorically nut the French because they're looking at us funny. As one of the Cube's greats would put it - SCOTLAND EY.