Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

FYI: If you're ever in a position to join a Crusade, do so because on the off-chance you end up as the most prominent figure in it, you'll be given what is scientifically known as FUCK ME ALL THE TITLES. Helped the Pope beat up some Muslims in Iberia and came away from it the King of Scotland, Ireland and Andalusia. This is going to motherfuck suck when my current ruler dies, because I'll have to deal with civil wars on two bodies of land, but zooming out and going 'haa ha ha haaah motherfuckers scotland ey' is wonderful.

Yeah, I started/won a holy war on a bit of Iberia and ended up King of Portugal, which is initially unnerving when they dump 12 extra city/bishopric/etc. titles in your lap and the game suddenly erupts with GOOD GOD YOUR DOMAIN IS INFINITELY TOO MASSIVE outrage. The only thing I could think of doing was palm them off to my son...which will no doubt cause endless problems later but whatever.

Yeah, I started/won a holy war on a bit of Iberia and ended up King of Portugal, which is initially unnerving when they dump 12 extra city/bishopric/etc. titles in your lap and the game suddenly erupts with GOOD GOD YOUR DOMAIN IS INFINITELY TOO MASSIVE outrage. The only thing I could think of doing was palm them off to my son...which will no doubt cause endless problems later but whatever.

Never give mayor/bishop titles to your family, they'll hate you for it because they're non-noble titles. Never give them to any nobles, in fact.

I gave him the higher titles of the area too, so he was fine. He immediately palmed off the lower titles to some nobodies of course, but it saves me having to sort them out one by one and that's what I mainly wanted anyway.

Same. I immediately gave the minor titles to some randomly-created barons like the game lets you and then chucked the rest of the counties to I think three of my most loyal courtiers. I figure that'd keep them nicely onside, but one decided he wanted to rebel despite not being able to raise any levies - no, I don't get it either - and ended up dying in my oubliette. Ass. Surprisingly, although King Laurence died infirm and incapable, I didn't have to deal with any problems from my Iberian territories when he died - that was ably taken care of by a group of lords who wanted to lower my authority in Scotland, who were helped by the King of England, Gregory the Drunkard, who I fucking put on the throne in the first place! Currently wondering whether I should start another war of succession and get the guy he usurped put back in charge...before I swarm south and press all of my claims. I want the Empire of Britannia, goddammit!

Is there any way to generate income in a hurry? I generally seem to pull in at most 1.30 a month running a single thingo at the start, by the time I have the cash handy to press a fabricated claim with a mercenary army the CPU has already been invaded or if we are in a kingdom the law has been changed so you can't attack people in the same kingdom. I seriously think I may be the world's worst player of this game, I've seriously not had a single game I would consider a success :( Also do you still bother with the fair/hunt/feast in the early game? I figure it's worth it to build prestige and quite often you make money through an event (or please your vassals into paying extra tax/improve relations) but besides sending the steward to collect taxes I'm at a loss as how to get more money (well beyond being friends with the Pope and doing a holy war thing).

Some people died who were in my court and somehow I got loads of cash, how does that work?

Inheritence

Try to find a rich old woman to marry.

Then kill her.

I've started two games as an Earl in England. Both times, I end up losing my county and the game ends. Am I losing because Duke William conquers my county, or am I getting killed in battle?

You're losing because you have no land remaining. If you were killed in battle, a) the game would tell you and b) you'd continue as your heir.

I've started two games as an Earl in England. Both times, I end up losing my county and the game ends. Am I losing because Duke William conquers my county, or am I getting killed in battle?

You're losing because you have no land remaining. If you were killed in battle, a) the game would tell you and b) you'd continue as your heir.

I started as a guy who was 16 and unmarried, so I haven't been able to make an heir before I end up losing the game, which is why I thought I may have been killed in battle.

Queen Jeep is dead. It sucks playing as a new guy who has shitty stats. How do you get territory back from vassals? I've got a pretty low demesne size for this ruler but he's 56 so he could die any second. Want to know if I should just hold onto what I've got or try and parcel it out to get it back later.

Queen Jeep is dead. It sucks playing as a new guy who has shitty stats. How do you get territory back from vassals? I've got a pretty low demesne size for this ruler but he's 56 so he could die any second. Want to know if I should just hold onto what I've got or try and parcel it out to get it back later.

You have to revoke titles to get them back from vassals. Be ready for a war if you do though <_< Probably worth trying to hang on and placate your vassals with money or something to counter the 'too bit demesne' reputation penalty.

I am king of Ireland. Managed it with the second guy as well (although first one lived into his 70's and this one is 50 odd). I didn't know how to create a kingdom so actually had all of Ireland prior to turning it into a kingdom. For people struggling like I was, take your time. I kept rushing thinking money would always be tight. Once you get a few thingos under your belt you are quids in. I'm now earning 10 a month so it's YAY times, all the time. I'm sort of happy with what I've got at the moment. I may just save my cash and see where the chips fall. Iceland is tempting though and currently seems to be going for independence (or was independent and Norway moved in since it's now 50/50). Interestingly England not only seems to have held off the French and Norway but have taken a fair bit out of France as well. First time I've seen that happen and it's what's putting me off from trying to take England.

Yeah, Iceland's a bitch because it's so far out of the way that getting reinforcements there when you actually need them is impossible.

Not to mention the fact that it's not worth much and just gives Norway an excuse to keep taking potshots at you. I never bother with it.