Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

You can also look forward to all your vassals rebelling at once too because you're not English.

Or Irish.

Or Welsh.

Or Andalusian.

Or Breton.

(Y)

Nah. I handed off a bunch of kingships because it seemed like the right thing to do, and people love me.

It was the right thing to do. You want to keep the number of direct vassals you have as low as possible without making any one of them too strong. Lots of vassals means lots of people to keep happy!

Feel vaguely in the mood to delve back into either Europa Universalis 3 or Victoria 2, not sure which. I suppose it might depend on what kind of 'mission' I can dream up (short of the usual BRITISH DOMINATION OF THE WORLD type).

Not Hearts of Iron 2 though. For some reason I have no real desire to play a WW2 sim these days. I even own a copy of HoI3 which has never been played. :lol:

Well, in case you haven't heard, EU4's just been announced:

If you needed any more motivation to get back into EU3.

• Like 1

Feel vaguely in the mood to delve back into either Europa Universalis 3 or Victoria 2, not sure which. I suppose it might depend on what kind of 'mission' I can dream up (short of the usual BRITISH DOMINATION OF THE WORLD type).

Not Hearts of Iron 2 though. For some reason I have no real desire to play a WW2 sim these days. I even own a copy of HoI3 which has never been played. :lol:

Well, in case you haven't heard, EU4's just been announced:

If you needed any more motivation to get back into EU3.

+1 forEVER.

• 3 months later...

ergh, okay. so whenever i try to open CK2 now it crashes. on start up it just closes & says there was an error.

any idea why this would happen?

Is that with the GoT mod or the default? Because I vaguely remember that the GoT one wouldn't start up after the game got patched so that could have something to do with it. Otherwise, I dunno :/

Question time!

Reading TEOL's Crusader Kings II diary thingy in The Cube has got me interested in playing this game. I'm curious as to how long it'll take someone who normally doesn't play strategy games to understand the game to a reasonable level? a.k.a "How long will it take me to understand and master the basic mechanics of the game?"

Question time!

Reading TEOL's Crusader Kings II diary thingy in The Cube has got me interested in playing this game. I'm curious as to how long it'll take someone who normally doesn't play strategy games to understand the game to a reasonable level? a.k.a "How long will it take me to understand and master the basic mechanics of the game?"

While it's deep, to degrees, it's easy to understand & get into it.