Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I feel like, after the catastrophe that was sorting out Mongol naming conventions (and distributing mayoral and priestly titles), I'd like to play a game reforming the Norse religion. I'm hoping someone gets an idea where exactly to start with that, because my European history pre-1000 AD is a little iffy.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't post this:

• Like 1

I just got this, I had the demo but it was very confusing trying to learn how to play on unfamiliar geography plus I only want to play in Ireland mostly.

I've played the original, but is there anything I should know before starting off?

Don't get involved in Crusades. Don't piss off your dukes. Use cheats as and when needed.

Also the GoT mod is friggin' fantastic. Elder Scrolls mod is not half bad either.

• 1 month later...

So, I fired up a new game last night, and it was fun! As usual, I started in northern Ireland, and while it took a few years to get any claims, I soon conquered the top 4 areas. I even passed a law that allowed women to be the heirs! That's a new feature, and I like it! Problem with that though?

Complications with child birth.

It seems when she gave birth to an heir, both her and the child died, so my game ended :(

But, the main reason for this post: Has anyone been playing any interesting mods lately? And, where else is a good place to start? I like Ireland because I don't have to worry about a million different things and having my people rebel right away (and I can take my neighbors land relatively easily). And the DLC, pretty good? I figure it might go on sale this week or next, so I might grab it.

So, I fired up a new game last night, and it was fun! As usual, I started in northern Ireland, and while it took a few years to get any claims, I soon conquered the top 4 areas. I even passed a law that allowed women to be the heirs! That's a new feature, and I like it! Problem with that though?

It seems when she gave birth to an heir, both her and the child died, so my game ended :(

But, the main reason for this post: Has anyone been playing any interesting mods lately? And, where else is a good place to start? I like Ireland because I don't have to worry about a million different things and having my people rebel right away (and I can take my neighbors land relatively easily). And the DLC, pretty good? I figure it might go on sale this week or next, so I might grab it.

Well for the mods that stay in the real world, Prince and the Thane is a good one which adds a lot of nice stuff and adds some changes to teaching and trait gain. It also adds duels during battles where you can defeat an army in one duel (or get your leader killed).

CK2+ is another mod that adds a lot of stuff but CK2+ makes the game a lot harder and generally makes life as a lord much deadlier. It makes Crown Authority very hard to improve, less holy warring, harder religion/culture convert and also smaller demesne sizes for everyone.

For the fantasy mods I can only suggest the Game of Thrones mod that adds the entire westeros continent, I haven't played myself but I have seen a few vids and it looks absolutely amazing. They are currently working on implementing Essos.

Well for the mods that stay in the real world, Prince and the Thane is a good one which adds a lot of nice stuff and adds some changes to teaching and trait gain. It also adds duels during battles where you can defeat an army in one duel (or get your leader killed).

CK2+ is another mod that adds a lot of stuff but CK2+ makes the game a lot harder and generally makes life as a lord much deadlier. It makes Crown Authority very hard to improve, less holy warring, harder religion/culture convert and also smaller demesne sizes for everyone.

For the fantasy mods I can only suggest the Game of Thrones mod that adds the entire westeros continent, I haven't played myself but I have seen a few vids and it looks absolutely amazing. They are currently working on implementing Essos.

Duels? That sounds badass! Does Prince and Thane work with CK2+?

Duels? That sounds badass! Does Prince and Thane work with CK2+?

Nope it's one or the other, you can always try but I think it would be a huge clusterfuck.

I couldn't figure out why (I wonder if I accidentally selected the option where any children would be under her dynasty? I guess that would make sense. Why would France willing give themselves over to Ireland that way?), so I decided to go crazy and imprison/execute all of my vassals until they rebelled. There was one chain where I imprisoned/executed 6-7 people who inherited a title.

I'm a monster.

If it goes on sale even cheaper (Under $10), I'm going to grab it. I can't even afford to buy it at $19.99 right now, because I'm preparing to move in September.

Oh, and screw The Old Gods. Someone give me a call when they get an Elder Gods expansion! Cthulhu, bitches!

Edited by GhostMachine