Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Hello, I'm Earl Kazarian of Wessex and I am the Earl of the county of Wes...oh fuck, Normans!

*takes arrow to the throat and dies*

• Like 1

The learning curve on this is kinda steep. I tried a game after doing the tutorials, had an army raise against me and was crushed in seconds. It's like the AI knew I wasn't ready. >_>

Any suggestions on things to watch/read to learn a bit about playing the game? If Ruki figured it out, there's gotta be some easy learning tool out there. Crusader Kings 2 for dummies? (YES, I'M READING YOUR DIARY TEOL)

The learning curve on this is kinda steep. I tried a game after doing the tutorials, had an army raise against me and was crushed in seconds. It's like the AI knew I wasn't ready. >_>

Any suggestions on things to watch/read to learn a bit about playing the game? If Ruki figured it out, there's gotta be some easy learning tool out there. Crusader Kings 2 for dummies? (YES, I'M READING YOUR DIARY TEOL)

Hey! That's mean!!!

....and I still haven't completely figured it out.

But start in Ireland. It's easy mode.

• Like 1

This helped me. TEOL doesn't really build castles and infrastructure and stuff in his diaries much, so I appreciated that this one covers it. The author goes all the way through the entire (pre-Old Gods) timeline and ends up taking over France, much of Iberia, the British Isles, the Holy Land, much of North Africa, and Egypt as Ireland, ultimately ending by moving his capital to Egypt and liberating the British Isles.

Everyone south of the Midlands hates me. Everyone north loves me.

Xenophobic Anglo-Saxons, bow to your new Norse King! :angry:

Stupid Spain! I tried to start 3-4 games, and within an hour real life...all were lost. Either I got warred on, died without an heir, or.....actually, those were the only two. Such a pain in the ass!

Where is somewhere fun to start?

I found Sweden pretty fun in the Stamford Bridge save. Your no-good brother is going to rebel quickly, but you can take care of him with a strong push. It's not too difficult to wipe out the pagan kingdoms up north (and Finland), and with some concerted effort you can take Denmark as well. Shit, if Stamford Bridge goes poorly for Harold Hardrada, you can always just roll on Norway.

Munster in Ireland is a fun starting point, too--the only two-county duchy on the island. You start with a de jure claim, too. It's not too hard to beat up your only powerful vassal as well if you want to just hold the whole duchy in your demesne (you do).

Spain is an absolute clusterfucktastrophe most of the time. There are just too many evenly matched Christian kingdoms in the north and too many evenly matched Muslim duchies in the south. Hard to make progress, particularly in holy wars.

Spain is hardest place to start outside of if you roll forward to about 1130ish, there is an independent single province Catholic count wedged right on the border between the Orthodox Byzantines and the Muslim Seljuks.