Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I was doing okay for a little bit! I managed to take Ormond by gathering myself my vassals and a mercenary army! But then I got cocky when I saw the troops for Desmond ran off to fight against the Nord that keeps raiding us... and I got raided and attacked like, straight away whilst fighting and was pretty much crushed. :(

Well it seems that things have stabalized for me? I just honestly wanted to lose so I could start a new game with everything I've learnt - but my vassals are starting to either forget or.. well.. I guess I've killed off so many generations that they've never experienced - my tyrannical rule. I have all my old territory back and when I die (soon) the grandson will have all of Britannia and (most of) the Holy Roman Empire to try and deal with.

Invasions are hard!

I started as the norse people on Ireland (I figured it'd be an easy take over....nope! Still not the king!)....decided that, since i have over 2000 prestige I would attempt an invasion (since someone else did, and I wanted to be like the other cool kids).

It started off great, I had 12k men to Scotlands 5 or 6, so easily wiped them out and started to take over their land. Got up to about 65% war score. I figured I could sell my mercs because they were costing me a lot of money (30 gold a month), but then BAM! England, the jerks, show up with about 8k men, which is enough to level whatever I have left. I quickly offer white peace, and go about my day.

So next time: bigger army, more money, and hope that England is in a war and too busy to notice me.

Yeah, the newer expansions of CK2 really ramped up the backstabbery of the AI, they really try to catch you with your pants down and you need to fight smarter when you are surrounded by powerful foes.

Of course, the easiest way to fix your problem is pimp out one of your daughters into England's family.

Yeah, the newer expansions of CK2 really ramped up the backstabbery of the AI, they really try to catch you with your pants down and you need to fight smarter when you are surrounded by powerful foes.

Of course, the easiest way to fix your problem is pimp out one of your daughters into England's family.

No one likes me because I'm not Catholic/Christian. And I need to own three of the five Norse holy sites to make them a powerful religion (I think? I may have misread that. Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Before i thought Fallen Enchantress was just ok. But now that I've put a few hours into it, it's a lot of fun. Some of the monsters are a pain in the ass to fight, but man...once you get going, it's awesome. I just need to learn how to take down a city and I will be golden.

I got to trying to take Desmond again! This time, they decided the best course of action was to run around benny hill style, avoiding my troops for fucking ever. In the end Leinster decided they felt like taking my city and crushed me. >_>

You seriously can't fathom how a mod introducing characters, houses and a world from a book/show that someone is familiar with would be more interesting to someone than the rulers of the world circa 1066 that that average person will have no idea about?

Saying that, Rabbitman if you're playing for the first time, I'd seriously read the LP that Sousa posted from LP Archive and starting in Ireland, same place as the guy that runs it. This game isn't one you can just jump into after playing the shitty tutorials. I'm playing ALONGSIDE this guy and I'm still failing miserably most of the time, I can't even imagine how much more I'd fail if I had to start in a place without any kind of idea of how to play.

Though, if you're desperate, it'd probably be best to play from the War of Five Kings and play as Renly. I'm not 100%, but I think with the combined power of Storms End and The Reach would probably be the biggest army in the game. I guess maybe Lannister/Baratheon but if it's accurate to the books, they'll be hurting for troops and split between fighting the Starks and defending Kings Landing.

• Like 1

the rulers of the world circa 1066 that that average person will have no idea about?

1066 was a pretty auspicious year, though. Particularly in Europe.

Yeah, but in 2013 I'm pretty sure a popular TV show/book series is going to beat out the history of the world in medieval times. I love playing vanilla Crusader Kings despite how much it constantly crushes me, but I don't see how anyone couldn't understand that a currently popular fantasy scenario is going to be more appealing to most than a bunch of names from 1066.

TKz, the poster boy for British education.

Coming this fall to HBO, starring Vin Diesel as William of Normandy...'Normans'

• Like 1

You seriously can't fathom how a mod introducing characters, houses and a world from a book/show that someone is familiar with would be more interesting to someone than the rulers of the world circa 1066 that that average person will have no idea about?

I can understand why it might appeal more to some people, and it makes me despair.

If you weren't so ignorant of the time period (which isn't an excuse) you'd realise that what is has to offer is waaaaaaaay better than anything you'd find on Game of Thrones.

If you don't care about the history that's all very well and good, but why play the game then. :/

• Like 1