Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

When disease breaks out, is there anything you can do really? Or what happens happens?

I am not sure, but I guess you could call up your levy and have your leader command them in a province that doesn't have an outbreak. Wouldn't help the rest of the courtiers though.

Doesn't that lead to more chance of spreading the disease?

Finally got into a game, although tactically I'm not there. Wanting to ensure a bit of stability for my dynasty, I wanted to change the succession laws to Primogeniture. I thought starting a faction might do this, but, after beating the King of Sweden in the ensuing war, I only managed to change the actual laws of succession for the Crown! So, in the process, I took myself out of the reckoning, having been second in the elections!

Unfortunately, my Mac seems to have huge troubles with the game (seems a common thing), so every few years will freeze and I'll lose what isn't autosaved. Can't be helped really.

The long reign of Duke Sven the Wise ended in 1116, with him being by far the most powerful man in the Kingdom of Sweden (having even beaten the King in the War for Primogeniture). The existence of Gavelkind succession meant that his holdings were split between his three sons:

Duke Sven II of Östergötland
Duke Borkvard of Småland
Duke Inge of Götaland

Borkvard and Inge, famously kept apart by their father, descended into war quickly, and even I, Sven II, got involved following a call to arms from Borkvard. Inge, beaten by his brothers, was dead soon after losing the Duchy of Götaland to his new king, Bengt I, in a disappointing end to his reign.

I then performed a massive heel turn on Borkvard to win a prolonged war over the Duchy of Småland, but reluctantly kept him on as Count of Värend in the hopes he'll one day forgive me. I don't think it'll happen.

Bengt I, not commanding the same respect as his father Inge the Just, finds himself in a world of trouble, with northern counts seeking to install their own kings on the Swedish throne - and winning those wars at the moment. He also faces northern conquests on Götaland, where my vassal Jedvard sits. We really do not want to lose that, considering that they provide a huge navy for my levies.

As it stands, through my vassals I again command levies from all the holdings my father owned, but with a couple of unhappy vassals. If I can resist the Gästriklander siege on my holding Närke, I'd like to be able to turn my sights north to the Duchy of Bergslagen - currently held by Duchess Rikissa.

Ugh, I wish they would sell a version without the music packs or Sunset Invasion.

I would love to get CK2 legit, but I sure as hell don't want to pay for music that I will have muted anyways. And only cherrypicking the DLC will cost me more than the collection >_>

Bought Old Gods, Republic, and Sword of Islam for $8.72.

Should I bother with Legacy of Rome/Sunset Invasion?

Maybe and no.

LoR adds some interesting stuff like mending the schism (Orthodox/Catholicism become the one true faith, the other a heresy) and some other Byzantine stuff. But compared to other DLC's it's pretty light on content.

Sunset Invasion is stupid, don't get it.

I don't think I'm playing the norse correctly. How do I go on raids and stuff? HOW DO I LOOT AND PLUNDER?!

Raise an army and select them. In the info bar there is a small, round button with an axe symbol. Click it, stick them on a boat and go plundering.

Decided to take advantage of Scotland's armies being depleted by constant wars with the Holy Roman Empire over coastal territories to use a subjugation casus belli to take the Scottish crown.

Before

1-1.png

After...

2-1.png

The British Empire stretches from Ireland to the tip of Norway and includes three Norse holy sites, so I am become Fylkir (Pope) of the Norse religion.

The former Queen of Scotland now holds a Duchy in Ireland that will soon be taken from her ancient grasp.