2012 NFL Season

Dan

I think I've made it abundantly clear in the General TV thread that I watch quite a few shows that air on USA. But good job stealing an Aziz Ansari joke, Maxx. <_<

In actual NFL news though, Seahawks name Russell Wilson as their starting QB.

Judging by how he's played in the preseason, this seems like a no-brainer but still slightly surprising given that he's a rookie. That said, if he was only a couple inches taller, he would've easily been a 1st round pick, despite the fact that it's a silly reason why he wasn't. I just hate that he ended up on the Seahawks.

The Ravens have waived Billy Cundiff. :D

and now the healing can begin. Tucker's been good during pre-season, Going to be interesting to see how he does during the pressure of the regular season + playoffs but I never could shake that feeling that Cundiff just didn't belong on the team after Wide Left.

That said Texas recruited Tucker for a reason and Ravens fans by now know not to question moves that Ozzie and the staff make so I'm confident that the new kid will do well.

Offence seems good on paper as always but I'm not too worried. Kind of concerned with our D-Backs outside of Reed and Upshaw filling in for the injured Sizzle but Ray can mentor a potato to become a serviceable backer so all this concern will be for nothing once Week 1 rolls around and we (Fingers Crossed) go and do to the Bengals what we did to Pittsburgh last year.

On the subject of USA shows: Burn Notice is just plain awesome.

Looks like Vince Young has been cut by Buffalo.

Is he the worst Madden cover athelete ever? I'm excluding Peyton Hillis as he was the fan's choice.

tebow-pick-.gif

Gotta include the Tebow INT as well! He decides to stop and throw into triple coverage right to the Panthers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kaWL1VkGrc

tebow-stats.jpg

Seriously the Jets are on the way to worst offense in the league. Sanchez, and Tebow are both playing horrid. Maybe they can pick up Vince Young to have 3 terrible QBs.

Edited by mystikz