2012 NFL Season

Dan

Skelton is the winner of the Arizona QB "battle".

Seneca Wallace was released by Cleveland, which might not sound significant and it very well might not be but I remember them giving up a fair amount to get him/pay him. I might be wrong though and Seneca Wallace is not worth going through the legwork on Google. Cleveland also caught Dan Gronkowski who, along with the other brother in the league, will always play a Bill Ripken role in the family.

Vernon Gholston was waived today, looks like that's the end of the line for his disappointing career. Imagine if he had turned out as well as we were expecting. All the Jets D has needed is a top-tier lineman to join Revis to truly turn into what the Ravens and Steelers have been for the last decade. I guess for the sake of their fans there's still the chance for Wilkerson or Coples to become stars.

Eagles waived Joselio Hanson and Antonio Dixon which both are mild surprises. Vikings waives Sage, Rosemary, Parsley, and Thyme Rosenfels. After signing him to a good sized deal in May, the Broncos let go of Drayton Florence.

I'm sure there's other names besides these guys and the aforementioned players who were cut today, or will be over the next 30 minutes.

Early prediction: the 2012 Super Bowl will be won by the QB with a "lesser" reputation in the league. Eli vs Brady II or The Manning Bowl in Peyton's house sounds good to me :shifty:

2011 - Rodgers over Ben

2010 - Brees over Peyton

2009 - Ben over Warner

2008 - Eli over Brady

2006 - Ben over Hasselbeck

I was digging through the 2010 NFL season thread to see exactly how big my fantasy team's chokejob was that year and came across this. Let's see if it works again.

Early prediction: the 2013 Super Bowl will be won by the QB with a "lesser" reputation in the league. Eli vs Brady III or The Manning Bowl sounds good to me. :shifty:

Edited by naiwf

I would absolutely love a Manning Bowl. I'm sure it'd make everybody outside of New York, Denver, and Indy (I have no doubt they'll still support Peyton) groan...but I'd find it fascinating. Eli has already reached a point where he'll be debated for the HOF every year like Jim Plunkett (the only starting QB to have multiple rings but not make the HOF) and might make it anyway with a couple more great statistical seasons. A third ring would kill any and all debate dead and make him a lock. Would be great after listening to people like Bill Simmons write off Eli's success as being luck for all these years.

Speaking of Eli, it feels crazy to me that he's entering his 9th season. I remember Draft Day 2004 like it was yesterday. Eli getting booed by the NY crowd only for him to get traded there an hour or so later.

I'd fine the little shit every single last penny of that if I were the Jags. It annoys me when players are rewarded big contracts and then get greedy again down the line.

Also, the season starts on Wednesday and still no TV deal for Sky or ESPN.

Alrighty, survival and pick 'em leagues go!

Survival: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

League ID: 24395

Password: ewb

Pick 'em: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Leauge ID: 51522

Password: ewb

Work in your board name for your pickset names, so I know who I'm beating.

Hey! Bobby Layne is from Texas, he is a Larry Zbyszkoary QB, the only Larry Zbyszkoary Detroit Lions QB for that matter. Did I mention Matt Stafford is from Bobby Layne's High School, and drafted right around the same time the Bobby Layne "curse" was supposed to be lifted.

The Lions will win the Super Bowl this year. Just kidding. Honestly though, I think we can make some noise even with our vomit inducing secondary. The Lions offense should still be killer. It's awesome having a guy like Calvin Johnson here, holy fuck, that dude might be one of the best football players I've ever seen and I've seen Barry Sanders.

I'd fine the little shit every single last penny of that if I were the Jags. It annoys me when players are rewarded big contracts and then get greedy again down the line.

I'm really tired of seeing people say this. Players don't hold out because of greed, they hold out because it's the only recourse they have to counteract the fact that a team can cut them at almost any time they choose without having to suffer any real consequences. Not to mention the fact that they're trying to secure the well-being for not only themselves, but also their family. And when you consider the violent nature of the game and the various medical issues that come with it later on in life, I can't imagine why anybody would be on the owner's side of holdouts like MJD's.