2012 NFL Season

Dan

That game was how the Ravens offense should look, and defense came through at the end. All told though the game was tense, stressful, and marred by horrific officiating.

Field goal was good, according to NBC there was another look or something. I don't know why they don't have laser censors or something though.

I'm not even annoyed that Belichick grabbed an official by the arm at the end of the game, whoever lost was going to have a laundry list of complaints.

• Like 1

The refs union should just lock Goodell in a room Steel Cage with Ed Hochuli until the dispute is settled.

Lets face it..this is what we'd really wanna see

• Like 1

I was fan of Jacoby Jones stepping out of bounds and not maintaining the catch yet the guy standing right next to the play calling it a completion until his colleague came over to tell him otherwise. How do you miss something like that? Like holding and pass interference being missed is fair since everybody was going to do it on every play since there's no respect for the officiating, but something as routine as that is incredible to miss.

Anyway, the rule in the pros is that it just needs to go over any part of where the upright is. So if just part of the ball flew inside the upright then it's good. It's hard to tell where the ball actually crossed the upright, but I think it's safe to say at least the end of it went inside the upright. It's not college where a rule in line with the laws of physics is employed in which it needs to remain completely in the upright the whole time.

and honestly, I don't get the outrage over Schiano rushing the QB on a kneel down. Its not like he's done it in a hopeless situation...he's done it in games where, a forced turnover and return for a TD could win them the game. Granted, the odds of it working are slim to none, but its still possible. Just because their losing, the defense and opposing coach is supposed to go "Oh well..we might as well let them kneel it"? No...as Herm Edwards said "You play to win the game". The defense playing until the final whistle is something thats a good thing IMO. For once, I agree with Jerry Jones that the kneel down should be illegal.

Its the same thing in baseball..the "unwritten rule" that you don't bunt to break up a no hitter/perfect game. Why? If the game is reasonably close...0-0, 1-0, 2-0, the opposing team should do whatever it takes to win the game. As a fan of sports, I don't expect a losing team to lay down and take just because "its accepted". If bunting to break up a perfect game/no hitter, or rushing the QB on a kneel down occures with a game in reasonable grasp, then by all means, do it

• Like 1