Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

Good draw, IMO. Hoping that Anderlecht is at home, should be a spectacle. Getafe, iirc, have a decent squad but we should be able to get a result. I have a terrible feeling that if we play Hapoel Tel-Aviv at home, we'll get the same Palestinian protesters who were at the England v Israel game... and Aalborg? We have to win that, surely.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Robinson is out of Monday's game at Newcastle with a calf strain. This could be a blessing in disguise, Jol has to play Cerny now and hopefully he can step up big and give Robbo some competition because at the moment he's just not getting it done.

Yeah. Although my early prediction is that Cerny will have a shocker, handing the Spurs GK jersey to Robinson for a long time to come...much to the annoyance of a certain section of Spurs fans.

• Admin

Hope Cerny performs tonight. We need a big performance from everyone, for once.

Just looking at Getafe's squad... you can see why they got where they are. FM legend keepr Oscar Ustari as well as Abbondanzieri, former WBA defender Cosmin Contra, Kepa Blanco (Hammer scum), and Ikechukwu Uche....

Still, we SHOULD have enough quality to see them off.

You'd think the continuous selection of Jenas would be reason enough to sack Jol, let alone the fact that there's currently no chemistry between anyone in the team and Darren 'What button do I press to shoot?' Bent gets selected over Defoe.

Why did we pay 16.5m pounds or whatever it was for Bent when we could've got two good central midfielders for that?

You'd think the continuous selection of Jenas would be reason enough to sack Jol, let alone the fact that there's currently no chemistry between anyone in the team and Darren 'What button do I press to shoot?' Bent gets selected over Defoe.

Why did we pay 16.5m pounds or whatever it was for Bent when we could've got two good central midfielders for that?

Jenas will start complaining about the 'goldfish bowl' of Tottenham soon, which when he was at Newcastle, basically translated as 'I'm sick of people giving me a hard time cos I'm overrated and can't help it'

And Jimbob was pretty spot on aswell, I read the comments and thought 'Jol appears to be expecting a hiding tonight and theres nothing he can/wants to do about it'

Now I heard that Jol didn't even want to sign Darren Bent and let's be honest, we really don't need him and he's adding NOTHING to our team. Just as well Robbie Keane's on good scoring form or there really would be no hope.

Still, now begins our "easy" run of six league games. Nothing less than 12 points will do (sadly).

Blackburn, Boro, Wigan, West ham, Birmingham and City?? I can see you beating Wigan and Birmingham, possibly Boro and West Ham too, so I reckon the 12 points should go to you. us and City though, really can't see you winning with the form both clubs are in (although City might have gone shit by the time you play them, who knows, and like I said, Rovers usually tend to lost to teams who are doing shit, and I hope this year is dif)