EWB's All-Time Favorite TV Show Tournament

Josh

I'm late to this but I'll throw my two cents in. Pissed that MASH isn't in it.

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

1) The Simpsons vs. 16) Boston Legal

8) House vs. 9) Oz

5) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia vs. 12) Deadwood

4) The Sopranos vs. 13) Father Ted

6) Firefly vs. 11) Smallville

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

7) 24 vs. 10) King of the Hill

2) Scrubs vs. 15) Roswell

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

Edited by TheEndAll

Can I still just join in and vote for this? If not don't count the following :pervert:.

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

4) The Sopranos vs. 13) Father Ted (goddamnit)

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

Mountain Bracket voting has closed. I will tabulate the results and have them soon. Until then . . .

PACIFIC BRACKET

1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd

8) Mystery Science Theater 3000 vs. 9) Chuck

5) Parks & Recreation vs. 12) Curb Your Enthusiasm

4) Angel vs. 13) The A-Team

6) Futurama vs. 11) Red Dwarf

3) Friends vs. 14) The O.C.

7) Twin Peaks vs. 10) Six Feet Under

2) The Wire vs. 15) Prison Break

You have approximately 63 hours to place your votes. Voting for this bracket will end at 6:59 EDT/5:59 PM CDT/11:59 PM GMT on Saturday, April 7th. Remember to vote on every match-up, or else your votes will not be counted.

1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd -- I like The IT Crowd for what it is but this should be pretty cut-and-dry.

8) MST3K vs. 9) Chuck -- auuuuuugh, this is hard, but Chuck got reaaaaally bad in the second-to-last season and only bounced back a few episodes into the final season.

5) Parks & Recreation vs. 12) Curb Your Enthusiasm -- Wait no this is even worse.

4) Angel vs. 13) The A-Team -- I loved the A-Team when I was ten. I still love Angel now.

3) Friends vs. 14) The O.C. -- Jesus. Friends wins because I've never seen an episode of The O.C. I hate that in the wake of all those tough matchups there's this thing.

7) Twin Peaks vs. 10) Six Feet Under -- I've seen the first season of the latter, none of the former. Very good first season, too.

2) The Wire vs. 15) Prison Break -- if this isn't a no-brainer I will blow up this board.

PACIFIC BRACKET

[1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd

8) MST3K vs. 9) Chuck

Again, a few I haven't seen in this bunch. Friends and Prison Break are really the only hands down winners in this list for me, all the others were toss ups. Well barring Parks and Rec, because CYE fucking sucks :P

1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd - Easy pick. Arrested Development is the benchmark for modern sitcoms.

8) Mystery Science Theater 3000 vs. 9) Chuck - Another easy pick. There is simply nothing that compares to what MST3K was in television past or present. It's a unique entity in both television and comedy as a whole. Expect me to pimp the hell out of this show.

5) Parks & Recreation vs. 12) Curb Your Enthusiasm - Okay, VERY tough pick. I haven't seen all of Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I've seen enough to know that it's pretty high caliber comedy. That said, I just know Parks & Rec a bit better, and there's too much about it that I love. Recommended P&R viewing: "The Fight."

4) Angel vs. 13) The A-Team - Not even close, for me. The A-Team is not only a sentimental favorite, but the best action series of all time. It was formulaic, but here that's a tremendously good thing - it's feel-good escapist entertainment. Plus, you have the obviously iconic character of B.A. Baracus, a.k.a. Mr. T. Perhaps more importantly, you have two very underrated characters in Hannibal "I love it when a plan comes together" Smith and H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock. Face had his moments too, but you watched to see a) Hannibal devise a ridiculous plan that somehow worked, b) B.A. no-selling the villain's offense and getting delightfully pissed at Murdock's "jibba jabba", c) Murdock's latest insane obsession and wild characterization, and d) the new fucking cool thing they built in a guitar-scored montage. Plus, THAT THEME. THAT FUCKING ICONIC THEME. Also: wrestling guest stars! Just fucking everything here.

6) Futurama vs. 11) Red Dwarf - I admittedly don't know much about Red Dwarf, but Futurama's a show I can casually stop on while flippig channels and be entirely satisfied. The episode with the first appearance of the Harlem Globetrotters is just plain giddy fun.

3) Friends vs. 14) The O.C. - Friends entertained me a lot in high school and occasionally still does today. The OC inspired SNL's "Dear Sister" spoof and that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

7) Twin Peaks vs. 10) Six Feet Under - I've seen frightfully little of both (something I'd like to correct in both cases), but Twin Peaks ultimately did more for the genre.

2) The Wire vs. 15) Prison Break - I'm voting on reputation here, but I'm quite confident in doing so. The Wire's probably the show I most want to watch that I haven't yet.

I'm sure I'll be pimping some of these picks through YouTube clips soon.

PACIFIC BRACKET

1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd - Uh, no idea, never seen either one.

8) MST3K vs. 9) Chuck - If MST3K goes out, I am pretty sure Sousa will kill a kitten.

5) Parks & Recreation vs. 12) Curb Your Enthusiasm - Only seen Parks & Rec but then again, that show is stonkingly tremendous.

4) Angel vs. 13) The A-Team - Fuck this shit. I hate that The A-Team is going to lose out to fucking Angel. Fuck.

6) Futurama vs. 11) Red Dwarf - ... how?!

3) Friends vs. 14) The O.C. - Urgh, this is case of which one I dislike the least.

7) Twin Peaks vs. 10) Six Feet Under - Easiest pick since Monty Pyton vs. Buffy.

2) The Wire vs. 15) Prison Break - Uhm, I've only seen a bit of Prison Break but from what I've heard The Wire sounds good as well so I might pick up on that.

PACIFIC BRACKET

1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd

8) MST3K vs. 9) Chuck

Edited by ndqw

Video pimping!

First, a very esoteric pick from MST3K. The meat of the show was riffing on cheesy movies, but the host segments often turned out some tremendous material of their own. To wit, what happens when you fully commit to a highly conceptual bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmA7MkAjOiA

As for The A-Team, let's start with the basics. Perhaps the Best Goddamn Theme Song of All Time (although it's tough to find a full video-complete version on YouTube that isn't sped up):

PACIFIC BRACKET

1) Arrested Development vs. 16) The IT Crowd - One of the best shows ever.

8) MST3K vs. 9) Chuck - Haven't seen the first one.

5) Parks & Recreation vs. 12) Curb Your Enthusiasm - Both are awesome, but I have to give the nod to Parks & Recreation.

4) Angel vs. 13) The A-Team - Not really any clue about both.

6) Futurama vs. 11) Red Dwarf - I haven't seen Red Dwarf, it's on my to-do list though.

3) Friends vs. 14) The O.C. - I have seen every episode of Friends and now hate it with a passion, but it's still better than The O.C.

7) Twin Peaks vs. 10) Six Feet Under - Both are fantastic, but Twin Peaks is my #2 of all time.

2) The Wire vs. 15) Prison Break - Everyone should vote for The Wire, even if they haven't seen it. Best show, period.