EWB's All-Time Favorite TV Show Tournament

Josh

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

1) The Simpsons vs. 16) Boston Legal - Never watched Boston Legal, but I suspect even if I had this goes to The Simpsons.

8) House vs. 9) Oz - Yes the quality dropped but it is still very good, just not great. I also never have watched Oz. I really need to.

5) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia vs. 12) Deadwood - I tried Sunny a few times and just hated it. Deadwood I adored. Easy.

4) The Sopranos vs. 13) Father Ted - Sorry never saw Father Ted.

6) Firefly vs. 11) Smallville - Not even a contest.

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie - Until last season I loved Dexter. I am still voting Louie even though Dexter had 5 great years, because quite simply Louie is just much better than almost anything else on TV, and that includes Dexter. I praised this show on here from day one it aired, as I think a few others did, and I am so pleased to see it doing so well thus far. It is touching, hilarious, uncomfortable, awkward, endearing, heartfelt, and often all of those things all at once. Watch the clips Josh provided, read his rant above, and even if you choose not to vote for Louie today, at least watch it. Almost every episode can be found online in full on YT. :)

7) 24 vs. 10) King of the Hill - Even long past its expiration date I still loved 24.

2) Scrubs vs. 15) Roswell - I never made it to the end of Scrubs, but I never saw a second of roswell even though I always wanted to. Easy pick.

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie - Until last season I loved Dexter. I am still voting Louie even though Dexter had 5 great years, because quite simply Louie is just much better than almost anything else on TV, and that includes Dexter. I praised this show on here from day one it aired, as I think a few others did, and I am so pleased to see it doing so well thus far. It is touching, hilarious, uncomfortable, awkward, endearing, heartfelt, and often all of those things all at once. Watch the clips Josh provided, read his rant above, and even if you choose not to vote for Louie today, at least watch it. Almost every episode can be found online in full on YT. :)

:o

To YouTube!

Guest mr. potato head

I just realized The West Wing is up against Community in round two. I'll, uh, make sure it's not a shutout. :(

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

1) The Simpsons vs. 16) Boston Legal

8) House vs. 9) Oz

5) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia vs. 12) Deadwood

4) The Sopranos vs. 13) Father Ted

6) Firefly vs. 11) Smallville

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

7) 24 vs. 10) King of the Hill

2) Scrubs vs. 15) Roswell

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

2) Scrubs :wub: vs. 15) Roswell

Mountain Bracket voting continues, but in the meantime let's see the Central Bracket voting results!

In the battle of 1) Lost vs. 16) ER, the winner is

1) Lost

Given the seeding, ER put up a very respectable fight, as things ended 29-17.

In the battle of 8) Mad Men vs. 9) Game of Thrones, the winner is

9) Game of Thrones

I know this one was killin' a lot of people. Again, that's how the nomination round positioned them. 29-17.

In the battle of 5) Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. 12) Monty Python's Flying Circus, the winner is

12) Monty Python's Flying Circus

The first of four close match-ups. In this case groundbreaking comedy beat cult horror 26-20.

In the battle of 4) Breaking Bad vs. 13) Bottom, the winner is

4) Breaking Bad

Bottom didn't have a prayer. 41-5.

In the battle of 6) Supernatural vs. 11) Fawlty Towers, the winner is

11) Fawlty Towers

The second of the four close affairs. In fact comedy won out by one less vote than in Python v. Buffy: 25-21.

In the battle of 3) South Park vs. 14) Batman - the winner is

3) South Park

The third close one. Batman put forth a valiant effort, but you guys . . . you guys. 26-20.

In the battle of 7) Farscape vs. 10) Freaks and Geeks, the winner is

10) Freaks and Geeks

On one hand, I feel bad because I know some of you are rabid Farscape fans, but on the other it's nice to see an oft-overlooked cult favorite of some kind push through. 34-12.

Finally, in the battle of 2) Doctor Who vs. 15) Sons of Anarchy, the winner is

15) Sons of Anarchy

I don't necessarily see this as an upset. Sons of Anarchy is current, relatively mainstream, and has a decent following here on the board. Doctor Who has a following here, but it's as much a classic show as it is current and it's certainly not mainstream (in the U.S., anyway.) That said, the numbers say otherwise. This is our biggest upset so far. It's also the closest battle of the Central Bracket: 24-22.

Voting for the Mountain Bracket is still in progress until tomorrow's deadline.

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

1) The Simpsons vs. 16) Boston Legal - No fight. No fight at all.

8) House vs. 9) Oz - I hate House, despite the fact that Hugh Laurie is in it, but I've never watched Oz.

5) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia vs. 12) Deadwood - I just started watching It's Always Sunny, and I really like it. Was never into Deadwood.

4) The Sopranos vs. 13) Father Ted - Wanted to, but just couldn't get into The Sopranos.

6) Firefly vs. 11) Smallville - Enjoyed like the first two seasons. Hated Firefly.

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie - That guy from Parks and Rec is in it. I like him. He's funny. Dexter was always a meh.

7) 24 vs. 10) King of the Hill - Based on Season 1, which was brilliant, and President Logan, one of my favorite baddies of all time.

2) Scrubs vs. 15) Roswell - Meh.

Yeah, a real boring bracket for me. Simpsons is probably gonna' win it.

Also, fuck you all for The Shield and ER getting eliminated. That's just shit, utter shit. I can't believe House is probably gonna' advance further than ER. M*A*S*H better be in the final bracket.

No brainer

8) House vs. 9) Oz

Barely watched either. Can't really make an imformed choice, but out of what I have seen I liked House slightly more.

Never seen the former, and Deadwood is great.

Obscure choice I know - only seen one series of The Sopranos, years ago and can't remember that much of it. Have rose tinted memories of Father Ted that may or may not hold up.

As if it could be any other result.

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

What's a Louie?

Don't care about the greater chunk of either, but I enjoyed 24 series 1-3.

I don't overly care for Scrubs, but I've never watched Roswell.

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

I love how Freaks and Geeks is an underdog still on EWB, SOMEHOW. Despite the fact I'm pretty sure A LOT of people have seen and loved it on here. We're like the only place on the internet it's not an underdog.

Also, I can live with Supernatural and Buffy going down to the Monty Python lot. I love both shows, but they were never going to make it far, because they're just not for everyone. And Supernatural has been shit lately. >_>

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

I love how Freaks and Geeks is an underdog still on EWB, SOMEHOW. Despite the fact I'm pretty sure A LOT of people have seen and loved it on here. We're like the only place on the internet it's not an underdog.

Also, I can live with Supernatural and Buffy going down to the Monty Python lot. I love both shows, but they were never going to make it far, because they're just not for everyone. And Supernatural has been shit lately. >_>

You're shit lately! :crying:

• Like 2

I'm getting back up in this bitch with authority... be thankful I didn't start an "I'm baaaaack" thread!

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

No brainer for me... Boston Legal, really? I saw some of the ones that didn't make the cut... happy NIT tournament Champs Boardwalk Empire!

8) House vs. 9) Oz

I actually enjoy House, as I do Oz, but I was too young for Oz and never saw enough of it. Lucky House.

Charmacdeennis gets the nod, and quite easily too. I've never seen Deadwood.

Have never seen or heard of Father Ted, but likely nothing would hav gotten my vote as a 13 seed over Tony and Co.

I have never really seen either, but my names not Kryptonite so I'll go with the Smallville.

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

Really hard one for me here, I like Louie a lot and I'm only into Season 3 of Dexter about and love that. Want to give Louie the sleeper win.. I'll come back to this one... came back to it... sorry, Lou.

I probably will and should be crucified for this, but I've never seen more then like 2-4 episodes of 24. All from different seasons nonetheless. I don't even really like KotH, some times it's good, but can't vote for something I really don't know.

Scrubs 4 dayzzzzz (that z on the end should be backwards)

M*A*S*H better be in the final bracket.

The first post of this thread has some bad news for you.

For the sake of context and false stakes, here's a few shows that did NOT make the cut:

- Cheers

- 30 Rock

- Taxi

- The Muppet Show

- M*A*S*H

- Boardwalk Empire

- Roseanne

- The Big Bang Theory :D

- and Yu-Gi-Oh 5DS. :o

And one more thing about King of the Hill and Louie: awesome theme songs (and yes, I know Louie's is not original to the show, but it's by far the best version and very fitting.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpnWlpLrsDk

8) House vs. 9) Oz

3) Dexter vs. 14) Louie

I dont even know what Fawlty Towers is but fuck that show. Fuck you Fawlty Towers. Fuck you very much! I shall vote against you from now on even if I hate the show you're going against. Even Scrubs gets my vote over you.

But if Fawlty Towers wins, you could say Supernatural was the rightful second best show and just got a bad draw!