EWB's All-Time Favorite TV Show Tournament

Josh

The Sweet Sixteen results are in!

EASTERN BRACKET

In the battle of 1) Community vs. 4) The Office, the winner is

1) Community

I figured this would be Community's toughest battle. It was actually close to it (West Wing got closer.) And yet, 31-7.

In the battle of 3) The Walking Dead vs. 2) Seinfeld, the winner is

2) Seinfeld

The Eastern Bracket will officially come down to seed 1 vs. seed 2. 25-13.

CENTRAL BRACKET

In the battle of 9) Game of Thrones vs. 4) Breaking Bad, the winner is

4) Breaking Bad

A great showing by two current dramatic powerhouses. Was it the larger library of content that made the difference? 23-15.

In the battle of 3) South Park vs. 15) Sons of Anarchy, the winner is

15) Sons of Anarchy

Perhaps the most notable upset so far for SoA, and it was a close one. 20-18.

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

In the battle of 1) The Simpsons vs. 4) The Sopranos, the winner is

1) The Simpsons

The modern comedy monolith destroyed the modern drama that raised the bar for everyone. 30-8.

In the battle of 14) Louie vs. 2) Scrubs, the winner is

2) Scrubs

Oh, goddamnit. Goddamnit. 22-16

PACIFIC BRACKET

In the battle of 1) Arrested Development vs. 13) The A-Team, the winner is

1) Arrested Development

Another Cinderella run comes to an end. 29-9.

Finally, in the battle of 6) Futurama vs. 2) The Wire, the winner is

6) Futurama

That's a significant upset, if you ask me. I thought The Wire had a good shot at winning it all. 23-15.

We're down to the prestigious Elite Eight. That round will posted very soon. Get ready to PM your votes and lobby for your picks.

ROUND 4 - THE ELITE EIGHT

EASTERN BRACKET

1) Community vs. 2) Seinfeld

CENTRAL BRACKET

4) Breaking Bad vs. 15) Sons of Anarchy

MOUNTAIN BRACKET

1) The Simpsons vs. 2) Scrubs

PACIFIC BRACKET

1) Arrested Development vs. 6) Futurama

REMEMBER: PM your votes for this round to me. Do not post your votes in this thread. However, you may feel free to discuss the round in this thread.

You have approximately 44 hours to PM your votes for The Elite Eight. Voting for this round will end at 6:59 EDT/5:59 PM CDT/11:59 PM GMT on Tuesday, April 17th. Remember to vote on every match-up, or else your votes will not be counted.

That's a significant upset, if you ask me. I thought The Wire had a good shot at winning it all.

I didn't. The Wire is better but Futurama is more accessible. I'm just glad it was a good show like Futurama and not fucking Scrubs.

Will be interesting to see who the final 4 are. I'm predicting a Community, Breaking Bad, Simpsons, Arrested Development final 4. But Sons of Anarchy could get the upset.

The season of The Wire at the docks was a bit shit. But yeah it's still in my top 5 of all time.

The Sopranos amazes me though. I find it an incredibly misogynistic show and the boundary pushing credit belongs to Oz.

I can't really see the bitching about Friends when Scrubs remains. It's, well I don't know, it's just there. It's one of those shows I can watch and may chuckle at but I find totally forgettable. Like if someone asked me to name my favourite sit-coms it would be a desperation pick when I had run out of shows I cared about and was on 'shows that are okay'.

I'm a little surprised South Park got knocked out before final 8, but I'm assuming it's all about the quality of the show of late. If this was done around season 6-10, I'm sure it'd be final 4 at least.

Guest mr. potato head

Will be interesting to see who the final 4 are. I'm predicting a Community, Breaking Bad, Simpsons, Arrested Development final 4. But Sons of Anarchy could get the upset.

It will come down to how many people haven't seen Breaking Bad and how many people haven't seen AD. 95% of all votes against either of those will be for that reason. Have to agree that those are the four most likely though.

So, what, my vote against Arrested Development in the last round was in the 5%? I still hate Arrested Development for giving Michael Cera a career on screen, by the by.

Scrubs and Futurama both are bizarre inclusions in the final 8. I love Futurama, but I think it's definitely lucky to squeak in to the final 8. Is it even still on?