EWR 2012 Stats Update: April ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I'm fine with them going into National right away and the game raising the workers' overness. Gameplay changes are fine, but starting out with intentionally inaccurate data just doesn't feel right.

So TNA can jump from National to Global but RoH can't? Either put TNA back at National and keep ROH as is or raise RoH national. #slipperyslope

Guest The Phenomenal Red

TNA should be National. They are not a Global company.

I would put TNA at National 80; and ROH at Cult 80.

It was done to prevent a glitch. TNA would go from a national promotion at 80/90 to a global promoion at 30. I am thinking this could happen with RoH as well should they be a cult at 95.

-Lower Mark Henry's stiffness to 66.

I'd leave his stiffness quite high, people start complaining when its at 80 in the game and I've heard Randy Orton and CM Punk as well I think mention in interviews how its quite easy to get hurt against him. So maybe 79?

And about TNA being global, I know wrestling and non-wrestling fans who know about them. They might not like or watch it, but they know about it. Their TV show is shown in Britain weekly, WCW is always global in the historic scenarios and they had a 1 hour recap show in Britain (maybe just in England, I don't even think Scotland got channel 5, at the time I don't even think all of England got channel 5) with matches from about 6 months earlier. As for ROH, if their TV show is on a national network maybe make them national? I don't know of that network is or not though.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

-Lower Mark Henry's stiffness to 66.

I'd leave his stiffness quite high, people start complaining when its at 80 in the game and I've heard Randy Orton and CM Punk as well I think mention in interviews how its quite easy to get hurt against him. So maybe 79?

And about TNA being global, I know wrestling and non-wrestling fans who know about them. They might not like or watch it, but they know about it. Their TV show is shown in Britain weekly, WCW is always global in the historic scenarios and they had a 1 hour recap show in Britain (maybe just in England, I don't even think Scotland got channel 5, at the time I don't even think all of England got channel 5) with matches from about 6 months earlier. As for ROH, if their TV show is on a national network maybe make them national? I don't know of that network is or not though.

ROH is synidcated nationwide and also has their show go up online every week as well. I think they should be low-end national at about 10.

IMO, I get the whole TNA is aired in the UK and parts of Europe but WWE is leaps and bounds more known. When WCW was around, BOTH WWE and WCW were interchanagbel when it came to the word wrestling. Now unless you are a fan; you would not know what TNA is.

Curt Hawkins is a Lightweight

Chris Jericho is a Heavyweight

Jinder Mahal is a Lightweight

Matt Striker is a Lightweight

R-Truth is a Lightweight

The Miz is a Lightweight

Raise Jey Uso's speed to about 70 (from 54)

Raise Jimmy Uso's speed to about 62 (from 52)

Raise Brodus Clay's charisma to about 82 (from 76)

Raise Brock Lesnar's charisma to about 75 (from 70)

I'm not sure exactly what these numbers should be, but how do you come up with these stats? Like how do you decide on a number? All I know is for a wrestler, it should be higher/lower when comparing to another wrestler and that's how I know it should change.

I would have ROH at high cult (for overness reasons) and TNA at high national.

This. Glitch or not, it doesnt make sense to raise them up to prevent something in a fictional game that you started. The update is suppose to reflect what is going on before you start your game, not what we an do to prevent something i dont want to see happening later once i start the game. By your logic, we just cut out every developmenal wrestler, staff member under 80 alent and roster under 65 overness because WWE always cuts them when you start as some other promotion. It does not make sense to do that does it? So why raise roh and tna to somethinghey arent just so they do not grow? Let them grow, thats part of the game, or update them yourself.

I would have ROH at high cult (for overness reasons) and TNA at high national.

This. Glitch or not, it doesnt make sense to raise them up to prevent something in a fictional game that you started. The update is suppose to reflect what is going on before you start your game, not what we an do to prevent something i dont want to see happening later once i start the game. By your logic, we just cut out every developmenal wrestler, staff member under 80 alent and roster under 65 overness because WWE always cuts them when you start as some other promotion. It does not make sense to do that does it? So why raise roh and tna to somethinghey arent just so they do not grow? Let them grow, thats part of the game, or update them yourself.

I tend to agree with this. If ROH talent isn't over enough for a national company in real life then that's a problem with the promotion itself and should be reflected in the game.

TNA should be National. They are not a Global company.

I would put TNA at National 80; and ROH at Cult 80.

Hmm what is the meaning of a global wrestling organisation?

TNA is global because you can watch Impact and the PPVs in over 100 countries around the world.

They doing ~100 Houseshows a year, with countries like USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Scottland, Belgium, Germany...

Why they aren't global? Because they draw ~1,7 million people every week and RAW did 4 millions?

Why dont give WWE 90% on a global level and TNA, lets say 10%. That would fix it.

Btw what about changing Brock Lesnar from a Non Wrestler to a Wrestler?

• Like 1

Hmm what is the meaning of a global wrestling organisation?

TNA is global because you can watch Impact and the PPVs in over 100 countries around the world.

They doing ~100 Houseshows a year, with countries like USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Scottland, Belgium, Germany...

Why they aren't global? Because they draw ~1,7 million people every week and RAW did 4 millions?

I agree with this 100%. If a companies TV shows are aired outside of their home country and they actually do shows in other countries then they must be Global.Only problem I see here is where you place WWE/TNA/ROH in game (PI%).

Edited by Manifest

Part of the issue with ROH though and their wrestler overness is that once they get to that level-ish in real life, they are signed away. So naturally they won't have those guys as the E and TNA will sign them. By nature, ROH is a company with massive turnover, a kind of feeder. Once they get guys at those levels, the big 2 will be looking to pick them up and the cycle repeats. Now, you could also use that as an argument as to why they are not national, but I think the company as a whole has reached that level, and the talent is catching up to it.

That said, I guess they could be 95 Cult and see what happens, could even run an experiment ourselves to save Bill time.

Also, I do think TNA qualifies as a low level global, as they currently are.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Btw what about changing Brock Lesnar from a Non Wrestler to a Wrestler?

When Brock is full time wrestling on RAW and house shows, I would make him a wrestler and not non-worker. For now he is not working on RAWs in a wrestling role. You can currently do the same exact booking with him as a non-worker.

That said, I guess they could be 95 Cult and see what happens, could even run an experiment ourselves to save Bill time.

I am pretty sure they do what TNA would do previously in the game where they would get 30% PI within a month or two and wrestlers would get an unnessicary boost in overness.

While talking PI, perhaps raise AAA and CMLLL to national. Hear me out, they are national in MEXICO. I would put AAA at 20 and CMLL at 15 which SHOULD mean they would not war.

Also perhaps raise DGUSA to about 70 cult, I do not have their exact current PI with me as I cannot access EWR on a school computer. Similar to ROH, they both are a feeder to WWE for the American talent they have.

AAA spoiler from luchablog:

Mari Apache is now heel (ruda) as she said Fabi Apache (her sister) was not taking lucha libre seriously enough so she she joined the rudas to do this.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

I think editing the database in a way that prevents things happening in the future (i.e. for 'bug-fixes' etc) will ultimately be detrimental to this update. If a company belongs at a certain level I believe it should be placed there and allowed to play out naturally within the confines of the game.

While talking PI, perhaps raise AAA and CMLLL to national. Hear me out, they are national in MEXICO. I would put AAA at 20 and CMLL at 15 which SHOULD mean they would not war.

+1. National surely means nationwide in the country the company is based in.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I think editing the database in a way that prevents things happening in the future (i.e. for 'bug-fixes' etc) will ultimately be detrimental to this update. If a company belongs at a certain level I believe it should be placed there and allowed to play out naturally within the confines of the game.

The problem was TNA was raised for that reason previously, NOT the fact they tour where they do. It's mentioned in past threads if you don't believe me...

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I believe you, but I missed all that, can you direct me to which threads?

The Feburay thread pages 8 & 9. Below is an assorted grouping of the different posts under spoiler tags:

I have one question shouldn't TNA be a Global company already or at least close to that since they have done a TV show in London, England.

I'd argue that makes them high national at best (Inter-National, if ya wheeeel), they aren't big enough to warrant global in my mind.

RoH have done shows in the UK, you wouldn't call them Global.

TNA is shown in over 100 countries around the world. TNA definetly global.

TNA barely leave Orlando.

Hmm what means global? Global = worldwide and thats the case. Is an independent promotion global because the promotions do shows arround the world and all over US? I dont think so. The TV and PPV situation should be the indikator.

The answer is complicated. YES, TNA is Global but not realistic when playing the game. The problem is it opens up a war between WWE and TNA that would not happen in real life. The game instantly would put TNA against WWE in a war. This is something the game does without trying and would not be realistic.

TNA is high national. WWE is just on a totally different level than any other wrestling promotion right now. They haven't had a close competitor since 2000.

The answer is complicated. YES, TNA is Global but not realistic when playing the game. The problem is it opens up a war between WWE and TNA that would not happen in real life. The game instantly would put TNA against WWE in a war. This is something the game does without trying and would not be realistic.

Isn't that the situation? I mean, if TNA isn't trying to fight the superior WWE and gets his ass handed to them, what else is happening? The TNA roster so far isn't gamewise any danger to WWE.

To be honest, the first thing I do when download a new data, is edit it an set TNA as global with PI of 10%

edit: second thing is btw add all OVW worker to TNA, put them in development and call the development OVW - like it really is!

Isn't that the situation? I mean, if TNA isn't trying to fight the superior WWE and gets his ass handed to them, what else is happening? The TNA roster so far isn't gamewise any danger to WWE.

To be honest, the first thing I do when download a new data, is edit it an set TNA as global with PI of 10%

edit: second thing is btw add all OVW worker to TNA, put them in development and call the development OVW - like it really is!

The reality is TNA is not near fighting WWE in real life. TNA should be high national and nothing more. The game would start a war and that is not realistic (to the game or real life) as TNA would get ripped apart. Let's not forget two years ago when TNA went to Mondays.

TNA is high national. WWE is just on a totally different level than any other wrestling promotion right now. They haven't had a close competitor since 2000.

Not even that, when TNA tried on Mondays they got smoked. They are not competition to WWE like they would be if they are in the same size range as WWE.

ARe you all scared that TNA would beat WWE in game? That won't happen. I think it is realistic to put TNA Global (PI 10%), WWE global (PI about 75%) and make OVW as a development territory for TNA

putting TNA as a global promotion won't make them a close competitor

No it is not that. As Kirkland said, OVW is not an exact developmental territory. It is in the same spot as it was under WWE. TNA guys are down there but privately owned and guys not under contract are also down there. Lots of OVW guys in 2001-2003/04 were NOT under WWE deals during their time in OVW.

I agree with changing TNA to 10% global. As high national, they become global in a couple of weeks and gain unrealistic boost in overness (workers with 100 overness). The best way to prevent this is just to start them up as low global.

Also, I definitely agree that Spike's ratings are way too high. In my games, I always change them to:

Early Evening: 3.85

Prime: 5:25

Latenight: 4.10

Graveyard: 1.16

Also, I raise potential audience for Syfy to make Smackdown more competative (in real world, SD gets almost twice as high ratings as Impact).

• Like 2

ROH run shows in the UK, or at least usedto, they should be global. Shimmer sell theirtapes all over the world, they should be changed to global as their resch is international. CZW has a tv show broadcast in europe and has held shows there in the past, as well as japan, they should be global. WSU have their ippvs which are accessible around the globe, they should be a global promotion aswell.

The whole argument abot if they are broadcast in a different country they should be global is stupid. The fact is WWE is the ONLY true global company right now. TNA is the only american national company, though I can easily see AAA & CMLL as low level nationals. ROH should be a cult promotion, no higher, regardless of what happens when you start the game. Once the game starts it is just that... A game.

• Like 2