EWR 2012 Stats Update: April ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

John Cena is a face. He walks like a face ok...., talks like a face sometimes, acts like a face occasionnaly, wrestles like a face most of the time... He's a not face.

3 months ago I would have completely agreed to this. But, the fact is he is not a face. A face doesn't talk shit about his opponent the way Cena did vs the Rock

Actually, a lot of faces talk shit. James Storm, Mr. Anderson, The Rock himself, Steve Austin, and CM Punk to name a few off the top of my head. People complain for years that Cena doesn't have a controversial bone in his body, and when he showed the slightest hint of doing some anti-hero stuff or reverting to the rap gimmick for a promo, people suddenly think he's a tweener or heel. Weird.

a face doesn't get booed to no end my an entire arena.

Cena's been getting booed in a lot of arenas for a number of years. Hogan was getting the same reaction in the early to mid 90s before his heel turn. The Rock himself got the same reaction as Rocky Maivia when he was a cheesy babyface.

Go back and watch the WM match and tell me honnestly that Cena was booked to wrestle as a face, he was cocky, over showing himself, stealing finishers, mocking The Rock and the fans... He was quite clearly the heel during the match, end of story.

I don't have a way to go back and rewatch the match legally, and it's not the end of the story. He did nothing that The Rock didn't do back. You're confusing "booking" with "crowd reaction". Someone can be booked as one thing and received as another. Look at Steve Austin - he was booked forever as a heel despite getting cheered. Same could be said about a lot of guys. It's just, in most cases, wrestling promotions aren't stubborn enough (or committed enough, depending on your perspective) to keep a guy a babyface if he's been booed off and on for years.

It isn't just about people booing him anymore, the WWE have actively been booking him as a tweener. He was there to act as the Heel against The Rock, and even CM Punk, and apparantly Brock Lesnar if Monday was any indication (nobody booed Brock when he flattened Cena). That being said he is booked as a Babyface against people like The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the defenition of a Tweener; used as a Heel when need be, and used as a face when need be. This is what Cena is being used as at the moment. He is far gone from being a clean cut baby face.

Cena was booed louder at One Night Stand 2006 against Rob Van Dam, and his actions were way closer to being heelish or tweenerish than they are now. But guess what? He was a face then. He was kept as a face in the game. Up to the few weeks before his match with The Rock and the crowd reaction for him against Rock and Brock, he was DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY a clear cut babyface - case in point, his entire feud with Kane. It was about him refusing to "embrace the hate." He rose above it. He continues to rise above it. A heel isn't going to wear a t-shirt that says "Rise Above Hate". A heel isn't going to cut the promo Cena did on RAW, where he said The Rock was the better man and he wanted to congratulate him in person and wasn't "calling him out".

Regardless of Lesnar running in - and I want to add as a sidebar, whether he's a heel or face, the fact that he was returning was so shocking and full of hype that he was going to be cheered regardless, just like Jericho's return despite being a heel - and the crowd reaction, Cena is still a face. He even went to shake Lesnar's hand before getting F5'd.

And tweeners don't work well in the game. It's not like real wrestling where you can have a guy in the gray area.

• Like 1

Daniel Bryan's overness, at most, should be 92.

Lower R-Truth's overness to 87 (-2)

Lower Dolph Ziggler's overness to 87 (-2)

Raise Alex Riley's overness to 68 (+2)

Raise Kelly Kelly's overness to 77 (+3)

I disagree with these. R-Truth maybe 88, with Dolph 89/90. And Daniel Bryans only going to rise imo

John Cena is a face. He walks like a face ok...., talks like a face sometimes, acts like a face occasionnaly, wrestles like a face most of the time... He's a not face.

3 months ago I would have completely agreed to this. But, the fact is he is not a face. A face doesn't talk shit about his opponent the way Cena did vs the Rock

Actually, a lot of faces talk shit. James Storm, Mr. Anderson, The Rock himself, Steve Austin, and CM Punk to name a few off the top of my head. People complain for years that Cena doesn't have a controversial bone in his body, and when he showed the slightest hint of doing some anti-hero stuff or reverting to the rap gimmick for a promo, people suddenly think he's a tweener or heel. Weird.

a face doesn't get booed to no end my an entire arena.

Cena's been getting booed in a lot of arenas for a number of years. Hogan was getting the same reaction in the early to mid 90s before his heel turn. The Rock himself got the same reaction as Rocky Maivia when he was a cheesy babyface.

Go back and watch the WM match and tell me honnestly that Cena was booked to wrestle as a face, he was cocky, over showing himself, stealing finishers, mocking The Rock and the fans... He was quite clearly the heel during the match, end of story.

I don't have a way to go back and rewatch the match legally, and it's not the end of the story. He did nothing that The Rock didn't do back. You're confusing "booking" with "crowd reaction". Someone can be booked as one thing and received as another. Look at Steve Austin - he was booked forever as a heel despite getting cheered. Same could be said about a lot of guys. It's just, in most cases, wrestling promotions aren't stubborn enough (or committed enough, depending on your perspective) to keep a guy a babyface if he's been booed off and on for years.

It isn't just about people booing him anymore, the WWE have actively been booking him as a tweener. He was there to act as the Heel against The Rock, and even CM Punk, and apparantly Brock Lesnar if Monday was any indication (nobody booed Brock when he flattened Cena). That being said he is booked as a Babyface against people like The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the defenition of a Tweener; used as a Heel when need be, and used as a face when need be. This is what Cena is being used as at the moment. He is far gone from being a clean cut baby face.

Cena was booed louder at One Night Stand 2006 against Rob Van Dam, and his actions were way closer to being heelish or tweenerish than they are now. But guess what? He was a face then. He was kept as a face in the game. Up to the few weeks before his match with The Rock and the crowd reaction for him against Rock and Brock, he was DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY a clear cut babyface - case in point, his entire feud with Kane. It was about him refusing to "embrace the hate." He rose above it. He continues to rise above it. A heel isn't going to wear a t-shirt that says "Rise Above Hate". A heel isn't going to cut the promo Cena did on RAW, where he said The Rock was the better man and he wanted to congratulate him in person and wasn't "calling him out".

Regardless of Lesnar running in - and I want to add as a sidebar, whether he's a heel or face, the fact that he was returning was so shocking and full of hype that he was going to be cheered regardless, just like Jericho's return despite being a heel - and the crowd reaction, Cena is still a face. He even went to shake Lesnar's hand before getting F5'd.

And tweeners don't work well in the game. It's not like real wrestling where you can have a guy in the gray area.

I disagree... Yes he rose above hate against Kane, a heel; but against The Rock he embraced it 100%. And I am not saying The Rock was face either, I think both of these guys were being booked as tweeners purposly. WWE wanted us to decide who we liked and who we didn't thats why both acted heelish at times and facy others.

In all honnesty, whether he is changed or not won't affect me in the least, worse comes to worse I switch him myself... who cares, but I'm just throwing it out there that he seems much more as a clear cut tweener now than before.

He did not embrace hate against The Rock 100%. What have you been watching? He just preached the last several weeks that after all the jabs The Rock has thrown his way, all the verbal barbs, trash talk etc. that he's still the same guy. He still acts the same, even if the fans boo, he's still going to uphold his set of values and morals and won't turn on the fans like so many others. And after he lost to The Rock, after saying himself that he HAD NO CHOICE but to win and didn't know what he'd do if he lost, he was STILL that happy go lucky guy, saying he lost fair and square and wanted to congratulate The Rock.

Cena is the PERSONIFICATION of the old school, clear cut, never give up babyface. He is the EMBODIMENT of the never-wavering, always positive, never heelish babyface. He is maybe the most clear cut face in the game.

I agree with Mancuerda. Cena didn't use the ropes for leverage, hit The Rock with weapons, rake the eyes, threaten or strike the referee, insult the fans, run away or anything. Neither Cena or The Rock were tweeners, they were just two babyfaces who had no respect for each other. Whenever two faces collide they will divide the audience.

• Like 1

Rename Rhys Ali to Rhys Youngblood

Make him heel and change his gimmick to Arrogant

Increase his Brawl to 60, his Stiffness to 65 and his Charisma to 59

Change his Primary Finisher to Double Knee Facebreaker (Impact)

Increase Mark Silva's Technical to 20, his Stiffness to 55 and his Selling to 42. Tick Menacing.

Decrease his wages to $15000

Change his Primary Finisher to Southern Cross and his Secondary Finisher to Spear (both Impact)

I also think that 88 is way overrated for Michael Cole, I think 75 would be better.

In the worker's list I disagree completely. He is extremely charismatic - one of the WWE's best talkers. Easily deserves in the high eighties.

I agree as an on screen character he is very good, one of my favourites but as a commentator I don't think that he deserves 88, especially when Jim Ross arguably the best ever is 92.

Make ROH's May event Border Wars, make it a PPV

Chance Battle of Los Angeles to a large event

Rename Spectal Envoy to Spectral Envoy

Change Showdown in the Sun to a PPV

Make ROH's November event Glory By Honor

Make ROH's September event Death Before Dishonor, make it a PPV

Change Chikarasaurus Rex to a PPV

Change Bob Backlund's gimmick to crazy

Change Bobby Lashley to a face

Change DDT4 to a large event

Make Godfather's gimmick Pimp

Make Kaz Hayashi's gimmick Evil Foreigner

Make King Kong Bundy's gimmick Monster.

Edited by Y2JFan111
  • Like 1

False. The game works fine with tweeners, most of my roster are tweeners for years in game. Disposition only effects what gimmicks work in the game and some minor booking options.

...as a commentator I don't think that he deserves 88, especially when Jim Ross arguably the best ever is 92.

Agreed completely.

Edited by Manifest
  • Like 1

Ah, I thought you meant as a worker. For commentary I'd put him at 78 probably.

-Delete the MCW Cruiserweight Championship.

-Make Alexander James the MCW Rage TV Champion.

-Rename Mr. Tofiga to Nui Tofiga. He is the MCW Heavyweight Champion.

Edited by KrisClassic

ROH stuff:

Add Rhino to ROH, add him to the House of Truth, make Truth Martini his manager.

Add Ricky Reyes to ROH

Add Matt Taven to ROH

Both of them around around often enough, even if as jobbers.

Would it be out of the question to bump them up to a very low level National? They've gained a lot of traction over the last few months. I hate to use an anecdotal, but a lot of folks I know who barely pay attention to wrestling these days have become aware of them. I also see their name mentioned quite a bit, especially as the head and shoulders above everyone 3rd promotion.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Would it be out of the question to bump them up to a very low level National? They've gained a lot of traction over the last few months. I hate to use an anecdotal, but a lot of folks I know who barely pay attention to wrestling these days have become aware of them. I also see their name mentioned quite a bit, especially as the head and shoulders above everyone 3rd promotion.

I think that is fair. After the third (RoH) there is not really a standout 4th as you can debate both CHIKARA, DGUSA or even PWG in that spot.

Any word if UWF and/or 2CW will be added to the game?

I don't think ROH should be National. Look at the overness requirements for guys who are in the main event of a national company - 80 to 90. Is Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, or anyone else in ROH really deserving of that high of overness? I would put them at 95 Cult.

-Lower Mason Ryan's brawl to 71.

-Raise Big Show's brawl to 74 and technical to 35. Check Shooting Ability (he was training to box for some time).

-Lower Mark Henry's stiffness to 66. Raise his selling to 73 and charisma to 78.

-Raise Joker's charisma to 61. Check Shooting Ability, he is in the military.

-Raise Tod Gordon's brawl to 15, stiffness to 33, and over to 45. Change him to a face, People's Boss.

-Raise Ahtu's brawl to 56, technical to 32, selling to 62, overness to 29, and charisma to 61. Lower his stiffness to 64. Change his primary finisher to Fade to Black(Impact). Lower his wages to 7,000.

-Uncheck SS Look for Devon Moore.

-Add a loyalty between Devon Moore and Danny Havoc, and Devon Moore and Tod Gordon.

-Add a friendship between Alex Colon and Sami Callihan, Alex Colon and Chrissy Rivera, Colon and Dave Crist, and Colon and Jake Crist.

-Add Kyle Maverick to the game:

Kyle Maverick

Maverick

Male

December, 28

Lightweight

B - 56

S - 34

T - 64

Stiff - 55

Sell - 74

Over - 12

Charisma - 57

Att - 95

Behav - 85

SS Look, Shooting Ability

Face, Legitimate Athlete

Finishers: Maverick Lock (Sub) x2

Alter egos: Tommy Thompson

Add a loyalty between Kyle Maverick and Chris Hero. Friendship with Shane Strickland.

-Add AJ Evers to the game:

AJ Evers

Evers

August, 22

Lightweight

B - 70

S - 56

T - 60

Stiff - 64

Sell - 74

Over - 19

Charisma - 64

Att - 94

Behav - 92

Check SS Look, Booker

Finisher: Elbow Drop (Top Rope), STF (Submission)

CZW, Opener, Heel, Old School Heel

Friendship with Vin Gerard

-Add Matt Tremont to the game:

Matt Tremont

Bulldozer

Male

March, 22

Heavyweight

B: 67

S: 24

T: 31

Stiff: 46

Sell: 75

Over: 44

Charisma: 79

Att: 90

Behav: 90

Finisher: Sitout Powerbomb (Impact) x2

$6,000

Speaks

Check Menacing, High Spots, Booker.

CZW, Mid Card, Face, Extremist.

Loyalty to DJ Hyde and Soldier Ant.

Edited by KrisClassic
  • Like 1

-Raise David Otunga's brawl to 67 and selling to 65.

-Raise Brock Lesnar's stiffness to 76 and charisma to 75.

-Raise Kenneth Cameron's brawl to 65, overness to 26, and check Menacing.

-Lower John Cena's stiffness to 54.

-Raise Rick Victor's brawl to 68, selling to 73, and overness to 28. Lower his stiffness to 58.

-Raise Paige/Britani Knight's brawl to 51, technical to 46, and stiffness to 43.

-Raise Audrey Marie's brawl to 42, stiffness to 43, and selling to 56.

-Raise Jake Manning's overness to 19.

-Raise Husky Harris' charisma to 80. His new character is phenomenal. Turn him heel. Gimmick: Psycho.

-Uncheck Menacing for Dante Dash.

-I would consider making Goldust a Road Agent.

-Lower Chris Russo's talent to 55.

-Raise Ryan Tran's talent to 65.

Edited by KrisClassic

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I don't think ROH should be National. Look at the overness requirements for guys who are in the main event of a national company - 80 to 90. Is Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, or anyone else in ROH really deserving of that high of overness? I would put them at 95 Cult.

They currently fall into the same trap TNA did with being high cult. They go National pretty fast which increases the overness for the different stars when they goto national. And if not, they defiantly will at 95.

Edit: iHEARTdg lists Kennichiro Arai as going to BJPW for a barbed wire death match. Tick highspots.

Perhaps remove the Toryumon touring commitment for Arai, he has only had two appearences during the three tours Dragon Gate has put on this year.

Looks like I will be trying to find another luchador's stats as there is ow a Silver King Jr. that has appeared. Also Namajague to this.

Add Turako as an alter ego of Morphosis.

Add Namajague

Name: Namajague

Short Name: Namajague

Weight: Lightweight

Nationality: Japanese

Wage: $9,000

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Contract Type: Open

Touring With: None

Employer 1:

Employer: CMLL

Card Position: Lower Midcard

Disposition: Heel

Manager: None

Gimmick: Evil

Stats:

Brawl:

Speed:

Technical:

Stiffness:

Selling:

Over:

Charisma:

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

Add an active tag team for Okumura and Namajague called La Fiebra Amarilla at 8 exp.

Add Ribbon Takanashi, Masako Takanashi, Louis Takanashi XI, Masa Saito DNA & Poco Takanashi, and remove King Pogota as an alter ego of Masa Takanahsi.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red