EWR 2012 Stats Update: April ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Someone opened the can of worms that is adjusting wrestlers' over stats. Last night's RAW was a really "unusual" crowd for the WWE. They were exceptionally loud, still riding high off WrestleMania. Once things go back to normal, we'll get a more accurate assessment of how popular some of the wrestlers are. That said, I think there are adjustments that need made. There will be more time to discuss it over the coming weeks, but for now, here are some of my suggestions regarding some of the most over people in the game:

Alberto Del Rio should be lowered - 92 is too high for now. He doesn't get as loud of reactions as other guys around that range, such as Daniel Bryan or Big Show. I'd say dropping him to 90 would be more accurate.

Speaking of Daniel Bryan, he's gotten increasingly loud crowd reactions and his schtick is catching on very quickly with the mainstream crowds. I'd raise his over to 92 or 93.

Batista has not been seen in months and it has been reported that he has lost weight. I don't think he's as popular as he would've been several years ago, though it's hard to say. Maybe drop him down to a 90?

Yeah I agree with the Post Mania stuff. For some reason, fans are louder the night after.

Alberto should be at 89.

I agree with the Daniel Bryan overness raise.

Batista I would say should be 88.

anouther great update Bill, thanks again

Remove Brodie Lee from Chikara

Don't do this. Brodie just had a match against Eddie Kingston on March 25th.

Broadie is off of CHIKARA's roster page. PLUS:

During this week's iHEARTdg Podcast Jei said Brodie is signed by WWE.

NOTE: Jei often contacts the Dragon Gate office due to clearing things up such as Tomahawk TT as Naoki Tanizaki and Super Shenlong's vzrious name changes this past month.

Allot of people are not listed on Chikara's roster page despite appearing for the company, so he should stay for now. And the WWE deal has been rumored for weeks and should not be changed gamewise until he shows up in FCW. iHEARTdg isn't the ultimate source either.

CHIKARA's core is mostly listed on their roster page. This is of course beside the Gekido with the imitation ants (combatANT, deviANT & assailANT) and 17 and The Shard. With that said, I say that Brodie should be removed from CHIKARA.

Well if we're talking core rosters, don't add Lesnar to WWE and remove the Undertaker considering he only makes one appearence a year. Brodie shouldn't be removed until he shows up in FCW. If you disagree, not that hard to remove him on your game. And with that said, I say have a good day.

NOTE: Jei often contacts the Dragon Gate office due to clearing things up such as Tomahawk TT as Naoki Tanizaki and Super Shenlong's vzrious name changes this past month.

Allot of people are not listed on Chikara's roster page despite appearing for the company, so he should stay for now. And the WWE deal has been rumored for weeks and should not be changed gamewise until he shows up in FCW. iHEARTdg isn't the ultimate source either.

CHIKARA's core is mostly listed on their roster page. This is of course beside the Gekido with the imitation ants (combatANT, deviANT & assailANT) and 17 and The Shard. With that said, I say that Brodie should be removed from CHIKARA.

Well if we're talking core rosters, don't add Lesnar to WWE and remove the Undertaker considering he only makes one appearence a year. Brodie shouldn't be removed until he shows up in FCW. If you disagree, not that hard to remove him on your game. And with that said, I say have a good day.

the difference is that Brodie's match against was like a send off match as he also recently left DGUSA, with Taker he is still under contract with with WWE as is lesner. i never said add him to WWE, just removed from Chikara

also after Pecks most recent match with Chuck Taylor, and the upcoming match with MR.TD (if anyone ever makes stats of him make him a tweener, as he isnt heel, but he docent act face either) im thinking he should be changed to face, even though he is listed as Rudo on the website,

Edited by pie-is-good112

Guest The Phenomenal Red

-Raise Brock's attitude to 66.

I agree with the 66 attitude, he was a crybaby back in 2004 (and kind of was in UFC during the conference call where people were talking about Fedor more than his match that the call was for) however I feel 53 is a bit rough.

I am not saying Brodie should be added to FCW, I am saying Brodie should not be ADDED to FCW until he debuts. As for CHIKARA, I am pretty sure Chris Hero left ROH and was off the roster page about the same time. I feel this is the same story. Also he is still listed as touring for Dragon Gate(Toryumon,) a Mad Blankey member in DGUSA and a member of the DGUSA and JAPW rosters which he is not.

As for Lesnar and Taker, they SHOULD be on the WWE roster for the fact, Lesnar in all likelihood WILL BE on the roster by the end of the month (which is typically the rule of thumb for someone is/is not with WWE or FCW,) while Undertaker is in fact on the roster and MORE IMPORTANTLY, under contract to WWE. I am not saying a promotion's core roster on their roster page should be the "be all, end all" of the roster as some are rarely updated...

Perhaps I would make Gabe Sapolsky under a written contract and a unsackable deal for DGUSA as he will most likely not be fired from DGUSA.

Put Sal Hamaoui under a written contract for DGUSA.

Remove RJ Brewer's written contract. SHOULD 2CW be added (it has been bandied about BUT no promotion stats have been submitted yet,) he works regularly there under his John Walters ringname.

There is no reason for Scott Steiner to have more charisma than Scott Hall. Scott Hall was one of the better talkers in the business at one time, while no one has ever been blown away by Steiner on the mic.

Well at one time he was better but this is for right now. Right now Hall is a complete mess and probably couldn't cut a good promo to save his life while people absolutely love Steiner's mic work over the past few years.

They love Steiner's mic work mainly for 'he's fat', not for anything that substantial.

I can recall a number of times where Steiner's mic work has been really quite bad.mellow.gif

Clearly you are ignoring the merits of the ingenius "I'm doing him an egg" promo where he shouted about Kurt Angle in total gibberish. :angry:

On a serious note though, I agree that you can't judge Hall's charisma on what he used to be like. If we did that it'd open up a very annoying precedent.

Edited by AdamDRFC

There is no reason for Scott Steiner to have more charisma than Scott Hall. Scott Hall was one of the better talkers in the business at one time, while no one has ever been blown away by Steiner on the mic.

Well at one time he was better but this is for right now. Right now Hall is a complete mess and probably couldn't cut a good promo to save his life while people absolutely love Steiner's mic work over the past few years.

So, are we saying that all stats are based on people being under the influence of drugs? Or just Scott Hall's stats? If we give everyone else stats where they are clear headed, why shouldn't we give Hall the same?

Guest The Phenomenal Red

So, are we saying that all stats are based on people being under the influence of drugs? Or just Scott Hall's stats? If we give everyone else stats where they are clear headed, why shouldn't we give Hall the same?

EDIT: Scott Hall has not been sober in years. A friend of mine (who knows I am also a pro-wrestling fan) mentioned about the ESPN Scott Hall documentary (

) where they talked about him being a total mess now. He can still speak not as good as before but that's about it. I would just lower his stats dramatically because I doubt he would never work again. I would also say lower his charisma to BUT to be on par with Steiner. Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Can we reconsider making John Cena a tweener. I know it had been discussed in the past but it was decided that he was being booked as a face and thus should be face (which was 100% correct at the time). That being said, Cena is very clearly being booked as a tweener. His whole gimmick at the moment is embracing the people that boo him just as much as the people that cheer him. Not only that but he is purposly making his promos to solicit boos from that part of the crowd, as it allows him to have a bigger reaction. So just a thought, but I would say that Cena is officially a tweener at this point.

• Like 1

With Scott Hall, it doesn't matter if he's "under the influence of drugs" or not - the damage has been done. His alcoholism, and his addictions, and the amount of prescription medicine he's on, have wreaked havoc on his body, and probably his mind just as much. He still has a certain something, but he's definitely not as charismatic as he used to be - and one look at him now, even sober, would confirm that.

Scott Steiner is fantastic on the mic. He says stupid things, and he speaks faster than he can think, but he does the job; if needs to get people pumped up, he does it, if he wants to get people hating him, he does it. I wouldn't say I've ever been "blown away" by Steiner on the mic, but he's damn good at what he does. Hall, unfortunately, is not.

Make JTG a Lower Midcarder

Make Michael McGillicutty a Lower Midcarder

Make Alex Riley a Lower Midcarder (?)

Make Mason Ryan a Lower Midcarder (?)

Make Brodus Clay a Midcarder

Make The Miz an Upper Midcarder

Make Sheamus a Main Eventer

Rename Britani Knight as Paige

Rename Danielle Moinet as Summer Rae

Rename Cameron Lynn as Cameron

Rename Naomi Night as Naomi

Rename AJ Lee as AJ

Check high spots for Hunico

Make a tag team for Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd

Raise Hawkins and Reks' tag experience by 15

Raise Primo and Epico's tag experience by 20

Raise The Uso's tag experience by 10

Raise The Chickbuster's tag experience by 10

Daniel Bryan's overness, at most, should be 92.

Lower Alberto Del Rio's overness to 89 (-2)

Lower The Miz' overness to 91 (-3)

Lower Rey Mysterio's overness to 92 (-2)

Lower R-Truth's overness to 87 (-2)

Lower Dolph Ziggler's overness to 87 (-2)

Lower Alicia Fox's overness to 62 (-4)

Raise David Otunga's overness to 76 (+2)

Raise Lord Tensai's overness to 75 (+10) (It's a little early, but after his debut it should continue to go up)

Raise Sakamoto's overness to 41 (+20)

Raise Alex Riley's overness to 68 (+2)

Raise Brodus Clay's overness to 76 (+5)

Raise Jey Uso's overness to 67 (+5)

Raise Jimmy Uso's overness to 67 (+5)

Raise Eve's overness to 78 (+2)

Raise Kelly Kelly's overness to 77 (+3)

John Cena is a face. He walks like a face ok...., talks like a face sometimes, acts like a face occasionnaly, wrestles like a face most of the time... He's a not face.

3 months ago I would have completely agreed to this. But, the fact is he is not a face. A face doesn't talk shit about his opponent the way Cena did vs the Rock; a face doesn't get booed to no end my an entire arena. Go back and watch the WM match and tell me honnestly that Cena was booked to wrestle as a face, he was cocky, over showing himself, stealing finishers, mocking The Rock and the fans... He was quite clearly the heel during the match, end of story. It isn't just about people booing him anymore, the WWE have actively been booking him as a tweener. He was there to act as the Heel against The Rock, and even CM Punk, and apparantly Brock Lesnar if Monday was any indication (nobody booed Brock when he flattened Cena). That being said he is booked as a Babyface against people like The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the defenition of a Tweener; used as a Heel when need be, and used as a face when need be. This is what Cena is being used as at the moment. He is far gone from being a clean cut baby face.

Edited by arwrestling
  • Like 2