2012 NCAA College Football Thread

Got a soft spot for Notre Dame. My sister studies at Notre Dame in WA (pronounced Noh-treh Darm here) and they're affiliated, but not directly linked.

Proud of my Broncos. They were tipped to be pumped by the pundits (even if the line was only a TD) and they gave a big scare to a good MSU team. Onwards and upwards!

Also i'm not that mad, I made money on that game.

The PSU fans were apparently chanting Paterno's name. They just don't get it. It won't happen, but I kind of hope they go 0-for.

This. After all that the school's community as gone through a lot of them still haven't gotten the proper message that this isn't an "us vs. them" scandal. If Penn State fans want their institution and, to an unfortunate number of them, the football program to turn the page on the horrific tragedy that took place there, they have to cease promoting the "us vs. them" mentality that too many of them have taken. Yes, to an extent criticizing the media, fans of other schools, and non-football fans had some validity when the scandal first broke and people were attacking Paterno despite evidence then stating he reported it in the manner he was supposed to. However, we have learned he was one of the primary, if not the biggest reason, that the abuse scandal was swept under the carpet and efforts were made to preserve the winning football program and reputation of the school over the future and psychiatric well-being of young children.

So, to summarize, I have zero respect for any Penn St fan who feels they are standing up for their beloved cult leader coach who was wronged by everyone else. They are sending across the message that the child abuse at Penn State is not their concern, and that they don't care about the lives Sandusky ruuined. What these people in State College apparently care about is the football team and, of course, the deceased coach who was a Larry Zbyszkoary figure for what we believed were the right reasons, which we later learned was all a fraud.

• Like 4

At least this Michigan season ended with a loss to a team that will likely make the Nat'l Title game. I still have nightmares about App. St. in 2007.

That game was the day of my bachelor party. T'was an added bonus to the night toasting Michigan getting punked.

The worst part about being stuck in SEC country is the irritating way they all stick their chests out whenever any SEC team does something. Tennessee or Ole Miss or Vanderbilt fans get hard-ons piggybacking off LSU, Alabama, anyone that does something remotely relevant, since their teams struggle to do so.

As a Purdue fan, I don't give a shit that Michigan got pimp-slapped, and Penn State tanking against Ohio makes me chuckle. But being surrounded by SEC fans, you'd think they'd all scored the winning TD themselves any time the SEC punks the Big Ten.

lol, Michigan.

Hope they enjoyed the 1 year window of being better than Ohio State. With Urban in town, the beatdown Bama is giving you will look like nothing.

Wait, your not suggesting that OSU is on the same level as Alabama?

Borges is too smart for his own good and the D-Line needs to get some more games under their belt as well. Other than that (and bad Denard showing up), it wasn't bad seeing as we did better than LSU did in January.

lol, Michigan.

Hope they enjoyed the 1 year window of being better than Ohio State. With Urban in town, the beatdown Bama is giving you will look like nothing.

Borges is too smart for his own good and the D-Line needs to get some more games under their belt as well. Other than that (and bad Denard showing up), it wasn't bad seeing as we did better than LSU did in January.

Seriously? That Bama team was missing 6 of those starters that shut down LSU .... and of course that LSU team also beat Bama IN BAMA earlier last year. Congrats, you managed to not get shut out by a defense with 6 guys making their first ever college start. I mean you're not suggesting you're on a higher level than LSU .....

In awesome news, TEXAS STATE UPSET HOUSTON !!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, Michigan.

Of course not, nobody is this year (again). But over the next 2-3 years Meyer is going to build a juggernaut team and beat down Michigan year after year after year. It's inevitable.