2012 NCAA College Football Thread

lol, Michigan.

Hope they enjoyed the 1 year window of being better than Ohio State. With Urban in town, the beatdown Bama is giving you will look like nothing.

Wait, your not suggesting that OSU is on the same level as Alabama?

Of course not, nobody is this year (again). But over the next 2-3 years Meyer is going to build a juggernaut team...

And Michigan isn't?

*looks at recruiting ratings*

Whatever makes you feel better.

lol, Michigan.

Hope they enjoyed the 1 year window of being better than Ohio State. With Urban in town, the beatdown Bama is giving you will look like nothing.

Of course not, nobody is this year (again). But over the next 2-3 years Meyer is going to build a juggernaut team and beat down Michigan year after year after year. It's inevitable.

And that will be their only notable accomplishment in said period.

I love how Ohio State is supposed to be amazing now. Call me when they best Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Sparty. All they did was prove they're better than an average, say best, MAC team.

They're lucky they can't play in the Rose Bowl, the best Pac 12 teams would humiliate them.

Ohio State faces one of your "great" Pac 12 teams in 2 weeks, the same team that just lost at home to Nevada. That conference is a pathetic excuse of one, with 2 teams that are worth a damn (and both of those teams are probably in trouble with the NCAA again, with Oregon's investigation ongoing and USC paying McKnight while he was there).

lol, Michigan.

Of course not, nobody is this year (again). But over the next 2-3 years Meyer is going to build a juggernaut team and beat down Michigan year after year after year. It's inevitable.

And that will be their only notable accomplishment in said period.

The hate that every other schools fans has for Ohio State is funny, but I guess winning so many Big Ten titles and going to BCS game after BCS game (and winning most of them) will bring out the haters. It must suck knowing that OSU went from having one of the best coaches in college to having one of the top 2 coaches in college (with Saban).

No, they (we) hate them because of delusional fans like you.

What is delusional about anything I said? Seriously? I said they have had lots of success over the last decade, which they have. I said Urban is going to build a juggernaut, which looking at his past success, is not much of a stretch (and his 1st/2nd recruiting classes are both stacked). I said Ohio State is not on Alabama's level this year, and probably not on the level of many teams as Urban will take time to build his team, but I can guarantee you Ohio State will beat Michigan this year, since that is not only the last game of the year for them but it's at Ohio State and Urban will have the team ready.

Ohio State has one of the biggest fanbases in college sports, along with one of the biggest budgets in the country. Nothing I've said is "delusional", and you just saying that proves my point of people hating Ohio State because of things like jealously.

Ohio State has one of the biggest bandwagon fanbases in college sports, along with one of the biggest budgets in the country. Nothing I've said is "delusional", and you just saying that proves my point of people hating Ohio State because of things like jealously.

I added my own touch to that statement. It's funny how the majority of OSU fans would disappear right around the time they'd get pistol whipped by SEC teams in championship games.

I know it was only Hawai'i, but USC's offense should have no trouble lighting up the rest of the teams they play until they get Alabama/LSU/Georgia/whoever the inevitable SEC representative is in the title game.

USC usually loses one stupid game a year. And then they got Utah to deal with. Do they play Stanford or Oregon?

At Stanford on 9/15, at home vs Oregon on 11/3. The schedule is lined up for them to go undefeated. Even if they lose one, as long as it isn't to Oregon they should be fine.

My "watch out" games this week:

Notre Dame @ Navy (in Ireland) 50-10

**Cierre Wood suspended**

Western Mich @ Illinois 7-24

Nevada @ Cal 31-24

***Watch out games against FCS Schools:

Towson @ Kent St 21-41

McNeese St @ Mid Tenn St (sorry JStarr) 27-21

Villanova @ Temple 10-41

App St @ ECU 13-35

William/Mary @ Maryland 6-7

E Washington @ Idaho 20-3

So I got 3 of em. Swing and miss on ND/Navy. I was actually really surprised by ND but still think they'll do good to win 8 again this year. WM should have beaten Maryland. 6-0 up the whole game and give up the TD in the 4th. They played much, much better than Maryland. Swing and a miss on Nova. Honestly thought they'd have much more punch and didn't think Temple returned enough to have this seperation. App St was only down 21-13 going into the 4th so the scoreline seems worse than the game was. Conversely, Towson got two 4th quarter scores to make it respectable.

I missed though, Youngstown St bouncing Pitt 31-17

Also, a D3 kid threw for 736yds to set the NCAA record.

What is delusional about anything I said? Seriously? I said they have had lots of success over the last decade, which they have. I said Urban is going to build a juggernaut, which looking at his past success, is not much of a stretch (and his 1st/2nd recruiting classes are both stacked). I said Ohio State is not on Alabama's level this year, and probably not on the level of many teams as Urban will take time to build his team, but I can guarantee you Ohio State will beat Michigan this year, since that is not only the last game of the year for them but it's at Ohio State and Urban will have the team ready.

Ohio State has one of the biggest fanbases in college sports, along with one of the biggest budgets in the country. Nothing I've said is "delusional", and you just saying that proves my point of people hating Ohio State because of things like jealously.

The very fact that you think someone can't dislike OSU without being jealous makes you delusional. Like naiwf mentioned, maybe I hate the fact that they continually make the Big Ten look like a joke when going up against competition from the SEC or Pac-12. Maybe I hate the fact that I'm a Wisconsin fan and I just don't like Ohio State because that's what's supposed to happen. But what I hate most are fans like you who think Ohio State should be revered, should be the be all/end all of the Big Ten, let alone the entire college football landscape.

First of all, let's not even get into the argument that Jim Tressel is somehow "one of the best coaches in college" because that's just laughable. Did he have success? I guess, comparative to the rest of the Big Ten but you can't perennially lose in the championship game and still be considered "one of the best". I'm sorry but embarrassing an entire conference with your shitty play does not make you "one of the best coaches in college", nor does turning a blind eye to the bullshit that went down there.

Second of all, we've been here before. You have a blind love for Ohio State. That's fine but don't act as if it's a crime to dislike them. I am fully aware that a lot of people dislike Wisconsin because of how Brett Bielema coaches games, specifically when they're winning by a large margin. But do I get butthurt when I notice this? No, I realize that people like (and dislike) other things than I do and I move the fuck on. I'd suggest you do the same because all you're doing is continuing the hatred for OSU by presenting yourself as the normal OSU fan. Perhaps the worst part is the fact that you give OSU fans a bad name and perpetuate the hate you seem to dislike so much.

And if you really want to get into this discussion, are we just dismissing the fact that Urban Meyer quits on his teams when they're on a noticeable downturn? Don't get me wrong, I actually think Meyer is a good coach but don't forget, he was smart enough to jump ship from Utah when his "star QB" (I use this term in relation to college, not the NFL) left and he left Florida after a sub-par year after his next "star QB" left. So let's quit with the idea that Urban Meyer automatically makes OSU a "juggernaut".

• Like 4

I love how Ohio State is supposed to be amazing now. Call me when they best Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Sparty. All they did was prove they're better than an average, say best, MAC team.

They're lucky they can't play in the Rose Bowl, the best Pac 12 teams would humiliate them.

Ohio State faces one of your "great" Pac 12 teams in 2 weeks, the same team that just lost at home to Nevada. That conference is a pathetic excuse of one, with 2 teams that are worth a damn (and both of those teams are probably in trouble with the NCAA again, with Oregon's investigation ongoing and USC paying McKnight while he was there).

Cal is far from great. They're fourth or fifth best...in the north. But I'm sure that you'll spin it.

• Like 1

Livid already owned Mofoticon, but I'd like to add a couple of things:

There are a few legit reasons to hate OSU: Fan/alumni of a rival school, feel they got off too light over the whole Tressel situation (and there are plenty of OSU fans who actually believe that, not just haters)....and delusional people like Mofoticon who think OSU is the greatest thing sliced bread, won't shut the fuck about it, and think anyone who isn't a fan is either jealous or a hater.

And I've got news for you, but no one's jealous of OSU for winning so many conference championships, because they're one of the few good teams in what's become a steaming turd of a conference.

For the record, I don't hate OSU and I hope they stomp the tar out of Michigan this year. But I'm sick to death of hearing how great OSU is *BULLSHIT!*, and I do think they weren't punished enough. Going through what they did, only to land Urban Meyer as their replacement coach wasn't a punishment. But maybe we'll be lucky, OSU will have some lean years and that will change. Because when the going gets tough, Urban Meyer gets going...for the nearest exit.

First of all, let's not even get into the argument that Jim Tressel is somehow "one of the best coaches in college" because that's just laughable. Did he have success? I guess, comparative to the rest of the Big Ten but you can't perennially lose in the championship game and still be considered "one of the best". I'm sorry but embarrassing an entire conference with your shitty play does not make you "one of the best coaches in college", nor does turning a blind eye to the bullshit that went down there.

This is the only point I need to make, because you clearly showed yourself to be an uninformed biased moron. Not only did Jim Tressel go 94-22 overall, not only did he win 7 big ten titles, he went 1-2 in national title games (some embarrassment) and 5-3 total in BCS games. If all of these facts are not "successful", then you are either unbelievably biased against Ohio State, or you have no knowledge on the subject at hand. Please stop.

Livid already owned Mofoticon, but I'd like to add a couple of things:

There are a few legit reasons to hate OSU: Fan/alumni of a rival school, feel they got off too light over the whole Tressel situation (and there are plenty of OSU fans who actually believe that, not just haters)....and delusional people like Mofoticon who think OSU is the greatest thing sliced bread, won't shut the fuck about it, and think anyone who isn't a fan is either jealous or a hater.

And I've got news for you, but no one's jealous of OSU for winning so many conference championships, because they're one of the few good teams in what's become a steaming turd of a conference.

For the record, I don't hate OSU and I hope they stomp the tar out of Michigan this year. But I'm sick to death of hearing how great OSU is *BULLSHIT!*, and I do think they weren't punished enough. Going through what they did, only to land Urban Meyer as their replacement coach wasn't a punishment. But maybe we'll be lucky, OSU will have some lean years and that will change. Because when the going gets tough, Urban Meyer gets going...for the nearest exit.

The only people who think Ohio State got off light from the NCAA is the uninformed...you do realize that nobody who ever got diagnosed with the same level of infractions that Ohio State got never once got a bowl ban, right? The NCAA made an example out of Ohio State for some reason, and it's fine they suspended them from a bowl game this year, but you can't honestly sit there and say they got off light just because you don't know the situation. If you want to look it up and revise that statement then go ahead.

You also mentioned them getting Urban Meyer out of all of this wasn't fair, and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason OSU got a bowl ban, but the NCAA is incredibly idiotic when it comes to this stuff. I'm sure Pac 12 fans will feel the same way when Oregon gets even worse sanctions than Ohio State soon enough.

Edited by Mofoticon