The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Ian Harte signs a contract extension at Reading? He looked slow when he played for us a few years ago he must be even slower now. In fact he looked slow when he played for Carlisle in League One just before joining Reading, can't wait to see him and Sebastian Larsson in a pacy race down the wing.

Tends to play centre half now so his lack of pace isn't a problem. I wouldn't expect him to play too much in the premier league because of his age but he's been in the Championship team of the year for the last two seasons, he's really found his feet again these last couple of years.

And to be fair, 12 years ago Ian Harte didn't have a great deal of pace :shifty:

The best Ian Harte trivia is that Trap didn't know he was Irish so he never considered calling him up.

• Like 3

Ian Harte signs a contract extension at Reading? He looked slow when he played for us a few years ago he must be even slower now. In fact he looked slow when he played for Carlisle in League One just before joining Reading, can't wait to see him and Sebastian Larsson in a pacy race down the wing.

He's not there for his pace, he's there to put in the most deadly set pieces anyone has ever seen. Incredible how dangerous they are. He is extremely slow mind, but he's very useful for a team who play attacking bombardment football.

Although i'd prefer us to buy a new LB, Ian Harte is good to have around, and thoroughly deserves another crack at the Prem. So many goals from Left back and like people have said, his free kicks are unreal.

If he can pop up with even 2 or 3 goals in the Prem then its worth it.

Although i'd prefer us to buy a new LB, Ian Harte is good to have around, and thoroughly deserves another crack at the Prem. So many goals from Left back and like people have said, his free kicks are unreal.

I thought he played centre back nowadays? He did against us anyway.

• Admin
Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvenico says his club have turned down a 40m Euro offer from Chelsea for Brazil midfielder Lucas Maura. Maura, 19, is attracting the attention of Europe's biggest clubs after establishing himself as one of Brazil's most promising young players. The attacking midfielder has already won 11 caps for his country. "We did not accept the offer but of course Chelsea is the closest to signing Lucas," Juvenico told Italian website www.fcinter1908.com. "Inter made an offer of 20.2m Euros, but this was not considered sufficient by us. Real Madrid is one of these other interested clubs Lucas is a big player who will triumph in Europe, but Sao Paulo will only sell him for an enormous offer."

Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvenico says his club have turned down a 40m Euro offer from Chelsea for Brazil midfielder Lucas Maura. Maura, 19, is attracting the attention of Europe's biggest clubs after establishing himself as one of Brazil's most promising young players. The attacking midfielder has already won 11 caps for his country. "We did not accept the offer but of course Chelsea is the closest to signing Lucas," Juvenico told Italian website www.fcinter1908.com. "Inter made an offer of 20.2m Euros, but this was not considered sufficient by us. Real Madrid is one of these other interested clubs Lucas is a big player who will triumph in Europe, but Sao Paulo will only sell him for an enormous offer."

Oh fuck yes. Please bring Lucas Moura (I thought it was Moura not Maura??) to the Prem. He can score against United for Sao Paulo so he's clearly awesome.

I love how Brazilian football is in a position where it can turn down bids from European teams now and doesn't get raped for any exciting young player who comes through. The potential for football there to grow is massive, and somewhat frightening actually.

If Spurs are serious about next season campaign, I'd love to see them bring in any two of Remy, Leonardo or Adebayor. Could definitely do with more than one great striker and I have my doubts about Defoe and Saha as big threats. Also need to sign a replacement for Modric, which should be fine considering the money they should get for him - well, unless Kranjcar really wants to step up.

He played left back against us. Plus don't they have Pearce and Gorkss playing at centre back?

He played left back against us. Plus don't they have Pearce and Gorkss playing at centre back?

One of them may have been injured against us then. Or I'm going mad.

• Admin

Thought that I had posted this earlier but apparently not:

John Carew heads a list of six players who will leave West Ham in the summer following the club's promotion back to the Premier League. Norway striker Carew had spells in the top flight with Aston Villa and Stoke before joining West Ham in August. However the 32-year-old struggled for games at Upton Park and the club have decided not to offer him a new deal. Also leaving West Ham are Julien Faubert, Abdoulaye Faye, Papa Bouba Diop, Frank Nouble and Olly Lee.