The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Sky are reporting Joe Allen to Liverpool is on.

15mil supposedly, heard a few places saying we've met his release clause

We don't really need RVP as we already have Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck with Kagawa probably in a second striker type role. In some ways, I'd probably prefer Berbatov to stay and get more of a chance than us bringing in a new striker but that doesn't look like happening. Nonetheless, I still wouldn't say no if we did somehow buy RVP simply because he is such a great player. It's highly unlikely though since City will no doubt throw ridiculous wages at the guy and I doubt we'll splash £20mil on someone who turns 29 next month and will be on wages probably second only to Rooney. A midfielder is still the priority in my eyes and the money would be much better spent in that area.

Sky are reporting Joe Allen to Liverpool is on.

15mil supposedly, heard a few places saying we've met his release clause

Fuck, 15 mil? Really? Seems overpriced, but I'm sure Swansea will certainly be glad of the money and will certainly allow them to build. They should just put a bid in for RVP and ask him "Why the fuck not?". I wish more top players just did a year at a rubbish team >_>.

Sky are reporting Joe Allen to Liverpool is on. Apparently 15 million.

Not a fee I like hearing. But you have to pay those fees if you want a player from another Premier League club.

Rather than just accepting that fact would it not make more sense for the club to scout elsewhere and get better players for less? #newcastle

• Like 1

15m for Joe Allen is outrageous!

Apparently that's his release clause.

I'm still holding out that that might be a bit of inflation on Sky's part. If it turns out to be the case, I'll be disappointed. I would rather not have a Welsh version Jordan Henderson ie. young player with too big a fee behind him whose shit scared to put a foot wrong in case the Kop lambaste him.

RVP has already played alongside most of City's squad :shifty:

Not all teams rely on four man squads like you guys at Liverpool :shifty:.

YOU'RE FROM BURNLEY. SUPPORT ACCORDINGLY! :angry:

Umm, I live closer to City's ground? (Okay, I can see turf moor from my house, but whatever man, I do what I want)

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

£15m on Joe fucking Allen. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

May as well start this season in exactly the same way as the whole of last season.

• Admin

Norwich have tabled an increased offer to Leeds for their skipper Robert Snodgrass, according to Press Association Sport. Leeds turned down a reported £1.5m bid for Snodgrass three days ago with manager Neil Warnock keen to keep hold of the the 24-year-old Scotland international. But the Canaries, who already have former Leeds pair Bradley Johnson and Jonny Howson on their books, have returned with an offer "way in excess of £2m" and Leeds are currently considering whether to cash in on a player who has less than a year remaining on his contract.

Sunderland defender Marcos Angeleri has joined Argentinian side Estudiantes. Angeleri returns to his native Argentina after two years on Wearside. The defender joined the Black Cats in 2010 under Steve Bruce but failed to make an impact in the Barclays Premier League.

Lee Trundle, 35, has agreed a one-year deal with Preston after a successful trial at Deepdale.

I think we all agree 15m is over the top but why such a piss-take out of Joe Allen? Especially when alot of you were purring over his passing stats which were comperable with the likes of Xavi? He is hardly a shit player after all. :/

I think we all agree 15m is over the top but why such a piss-take out of Joe Allen? Especially when alot of you were purring over his passing stats which were comperable with the likes of Xavi? He is hardly a shit player after all. :/

I don't think anyone has have they? Every comment mentions the fee, which just like Carroll and Henderson before him is vastly overpriced.

This. If they can reduce it to closer to 10 then it's definitely worth it. His passing is excellent, and he was clearly a big deal for Rodgers whilst in control of Swansea. He is a FAR superior player in his position for what Rodgers wants than any of Henderson, Downing, Carrol or Adam.