The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

AOB was great for the 2 months we had him on loan, immediately after he signed he became utterly useless, always out of position and frightened to attack the ball. He eventually got dropped and kicked up a massive fuss in which he refused to ever play for Simon Grayson again. All this while he was one of our top earning players. I'm not sad to see the back of him.

Alex Song is a quality player, great range of passing, he'd fit Barca's style well but I can't see him dislodging any of their midfield players, so it'd be a bad move for him. Think he'd be great at Man Utd though.

It's strange seeing Wenger spending so much money on players the wrong side of 25, first Podolski and now Carzola, very out of character.

Adam, you still want Billy Paynter? Blackpool realised he was shit, I knew letting him go on trial wasn't a good idea.

You'll be pleased to know that he is down at our training ground today, so you should have him off your hands soon enough!

I will have to post in here every time he scores to justify me actually wanting to sign him aren't I?

• Admin
Chelsea winger Kevin de Bruyne has joined German club Werder Bremen on a season-long loan.

The 21-year-old has yet to make his debut for the Stamford Bridge club.

Belgian de Bruyne was signed for an undisclosed fee in January but immediately loaned back to his former side Genk.

Manager Roberto Di Matteo made the decision after watching him during the club's matches with Seattle and Paris Saint Germain in America.

• Admin

Wigan have beaten West Ham to the signing of Real Mallorca defender Ivan Ramis for an undisclosed fee. The Hammers agreed a fee with the Spanish club for the 27-year-old at the weekend but he has instead joined their Premier League rivals Wigan on a three-year deal. He becomes the Latics' second summer signing after the arrival of Aberdeen midfielder Fraser Fyvie.

Newcastle United have had an improved bid to sign Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy rejected by club president Michel Seydoux.

• Admin

Ramis went to Wigan as he doesn't speak English and Martinez speaks Spanish. Makes sense really for him. Apparently West Ham want Douglas and Danny Simpson to shore up our defence and Adam Johnson on loan for midfield.

That should work a treat!

Ramis went to Wigan as he doesn't speak English and Martinez speaks Spanish. Makes sense really for him. Apparently West Ham want Douglas and Danny Simpson to shore up our defence and Adam Johnson on loan for midfield.

*Insert Danny Simpson joke*

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

*Insert Danny Simpson joke*

I hear he runs an unsuccessful shrimp company.