The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin

Pretty sure that Ipswich have already said that they can't afford to take on Wickham's wages. Or what of them Sunderland would want them to pay, anyway.

Dunno anything more on Sinclair to City, did hear earlier today Adam Johnson maybe to Swansea, though.

Sounds about right, to be fair.

And, no disrespect to Swansea, but surely Johnson could find a bigger club to take him on and still get first team football?

Probably, but he'd be a great fit for them and maybe he likes what they represent? Be a great signing for them mind.

We keep gettin linked with Adam Johnson in a part exchange deal with City giving us around 18/20 mil and Johnson for Agger.

With Bellamy now leaving as well, if Brendan Rodgers also sells Daniel Agger to Man City then I think all Liverpool fans might as well just give up now. Unless he has some very good irons in the fire to spring out of the blue over the next three weeks, which I suppose is not entirely unlikely.

Also Jouzy, it may not be current but Burnley were linked to Adam Johnson once upon a time:shifty:

Edited by AdamDRFC

• Admin

On the subject of players leaving Liverppol - Northampton Town have signed Reds teenager Henoc Mukendi on loan until January.

Swansea City are close to completing a deal to sign striker Itay Shechter from Kaiserslautern on a season-long loan. Shechter, a 25-year-old Israel international, was at the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday night to see Swansea beat Blackpool 4-2 in a friendly. The deal will be concluded once Swansea have obtained a work permit for the striker, who has 13 caps.

Liam Lawrence may be set to join Cardiff permanently after enjoying a loan spell there last season.

We haven't been linked with Adam Johnson, despite a being linked with a shed load of other wingers we don't need!

Liverpool should ask for 20m and Kolo for Agger, it would save them having to scrabble around for a replacement or worse yet play Carragher, I assume Coates won't be ready for the start of the season.

Simon Kjaer is apparently available for 10m, he looked as impressive as Agger at the Euros.

The one thing that about bringing in Rodgers it probably messed up Liverpool's transfers this summer. There were deals in the works that went with Daglish and Comoli.

Out have gone: Maxi, Dirk , Aquilani and Aurelio for certain. But only two of those four actually featured in games and mostly as subs.

If Agger goes then business needs doing, Kolo Toure would be a good one for a swap. With the fact we have some ex City guys who recently joined our staff it might give us pull there.

Add to that Rodgers has said he wants to bring quality loan players whoever that might be.

I don't think it's a crisis that we've only got one player in yet. Considering what went out were fringe players anyway. I think Morgan, Suso and Sterling should be getting a share of first team chances this season.

All that said I'd like to see another substantial signing or two before the window closes.