The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Because of the way our national team works, it seems the move will be bad for his starting opportunities but he'll now almost certainly be a regular call up to the England squad. But hey, he's young and he'll still have time to recover from this if it doesn't work out for him so you can't blame him for taking the chance to break through there. From City's point of view I think it's a good signing - they've got a very strong base and now they should build upon that with sensible moves for talented youngsters. Though it is hard to see this not being another Adam Johnson/Scott Parker/SWP situation...

they should both boss that division.

Also, I don't think this a good career move for Sinclair at all. I can't imagine he'll get much game time and he won't develop as well not playing enough first team football. Hope this mean Johnson finally moves on, want the guy playing more football so he can more of a factor for England. I'd rather an actual winger on the wings instead of James Milner.

Also, the fee seems really small compared to how much they're getting for Allen.

Owen and Bellamy are fantastic signings for championship level. Bellamy looked quality in Team GB and I'm surprised no Prem club wants to take him on, unless he's interested in helping to build something at Cardiff. Owen will score plenty of goals next season, too.

Daily Mail saying Adebayor's agreed personal terms with Spurs, but the £5 mil is a stumbling block as Spurs want him for less, or something. Apparently Madrid interest in Modric is cooling too because of the valuation. But that's the Daily Mail :shifty:

Got a feeling we're gonna have a really good deadline day this year, not as many deals going through for clubs as I thought there might.

• Admin

Maybe he can do some driving out of Dean Court :P

Arsenal striker Carlos Vela has completed his permanent transfer to Real Sociedad.

St Johnstone have agreed a one-year contract with former Hearts striker Craig Beattie after a deal with Rangers fell through.