The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Supposedly according to some rumours, Alex Song leaving Arsenal is going to be confirmed this weekend or Monday.

Selling Song for around the rumoured fee of £15million is pretty poor business from Arsenal. I think they'll miss him more than RVP.

Edited by Dynamite

Anyone got anything good on Assaidi? I have honestly never heard of him, and the signing came out of the blue.

I'm still really hoping Sahin comes in on loan. He could be class.

Don;t know if he can go on in the Premier League, but he did well in Holland last season, still think Narsingh is better but he went to PSV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3O9ojTolM

He is technical and always great to watch.

I think Arsenal will finish 4th. I think they'll be a bit behind the title challengers but in a comfortable position to secure Champions League.

The only other team I think that can break the top 4 is Spurs but I think they are a bit behind Arsenal atm, if they can get a good striker in and possibly another player then they might have a chance.

I can see Chelsea just gradually slipping into 2nd. They won't win, but I don't think the pressure is on them to win, and they'll just pick up steady results and suddenly end up 2nd come May.

As for the winner, it'll be a Manchester team, but I don't know who. Gun to my head, I'd probably edge it to United.

I'll go:

1. Man United

2. Man City

3. Arsenal

4. Chelsea

Backing Wenger to take Robbie D in a race for the last automatic CL spot because he's been there so often, and I really can't see Di Matteo lasting the whole season after that outlay. Man United to take the league because I prefer RVP/Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez to Aguero/Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko and they seem to have a better spread of creativity in Valencia, Kagawa, Young and Nani.

Edited by Pesci
  • Like 1

1. City

2. United

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Chelsea

United, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are all in Transition so I doubt United are going to win this year. Wenger has got his team into CL spots time and time again even when losing players and not spending money, sign of a quality Manager. City got the quality, the depth and the bank balance to win.

I hope Man Utd win, and think we have a better chance than last year, but I think City will probably take it again.

1 - Man City

2 - Man Utd

3 - Chelsea

4 - Arsenal

Seems the most likely to me, with Tottenham probably 5th and Liverpool 6th, but that depends how well Newcastle/Everton etc. do.