The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

What a strange time to transfer list them. Everybody knew they were gash at the start of the summer but of course we wait until the end of the window <_<

The end of the window is probably the best time to do it outside of the beginning, I'd say. It always seems like more deals get done towards the deadline than early on.

Sunderland and Wolves have apparently agreed a fee for Steven Fletcher.

Also, Fiorentina are in talks with Man Utd to buy Dimitar Berbatov.

I really hope the fee is 'Undisclosed' because I'm not sure I want to know how much of a hit we've taken on Berba :(

Plus we were relying on the sales of Carroll and Agger. With those seemingly not going to happen, we have to raise minimal funds elsewhere.

I've heard talk of Agger being offered a new contract recently. So I'm not sure if that part is true.

What a strange time to transfer list them. Everybody knew they were gash at the start of the summer but of course we wait until the end of the window <_<

The end of the window is probably the best time to do it outside of the beginning, I'd say. It always seems like more deals get done towards the deadline than early on.

Don't really follow that logic. If you transfer list a player earlier in the window, they will be listed at the end as well as the start. You give yourself more time to shift them. You don't miss out on the chance to sell them at the end because you listed them a couple of months previously.

Of course, any time to decide to get rid of Spearing, Cole and Adam is a smart time to decide to get rid of Spearing, Cole and Adam.

Edited by Pesci

You're more likely to get more money for 'em at the end because clubs become desperate to make deals. No way would Spurs have got the deal they got for Adebayor had they started negotiations now.

Case and point £50 million for Torres followed by £35 million for Andy Carroll.

It's logical. He replaced Javier Mascherano! :shifty:

This only goes to show how Liverpool's playing staff has declined in the post-Rafa years. :(