The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I saw €80 million for both.

Porto received only 40 million, but they had 85% of his transfer rights. 9 Millions went to the owners of the other 15%, six million to the guy's agent and three go to fifa for some "tax" that they are due in some way that I did not understand.

Hulk and Witsel signed for Zenit? What the fuck.

Hulk was signed for 60 million euros and Witsel was signed for 40 million. There are also talks that Moutinho could also be on the move for Zenit. Those russians are crazy.blink.gif

40 million euros for Witsel.

.... :mellow:

He is worth every penny of it. There are maybe 5 CM better than him

Hulk was signed for 60 million euros and Witsel was signed for 40 million. There are also talks that Moutinho could also be on the move for Zenit. Those russians are crazy.blink.gif

Which lucky five is that?

Witsel is really an amazing player.

No-one's doubting he's good, but to claim there are only 5 better central midfielders in the world is a bit over the top. Off the top of my head: Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Pirlo, Modric, Moutinho, Schweinsteiger all have to be at least in with a shout of being better... and that's without really thinking about it.

No-one's doubting he's good, but to claim there are only 5 better central midfielders in the world is a bit over the top. Off the top of my head: Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Pirlo, Modric, Moutinho, Schweinsteiger all have to be at least in with a shout of being better... and that's without really thinking about it.

Well, he will tell you that Xabi Alonso, Pirlo and Bastian are more defensive, so they occupy a different position. And to be honest I prefer Witsel to Moutinho.Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas are obviously in a whole different level.

The Barcelona 3, Yaya and Bastian

I rank Witsel on the same level as Moutinho, Modric, Pirlo and Ramires. There are 5 clearly ahead of everyone, the rest is on the same level

Edited by Colossus

The Barcelona 3, Yaya and Bastian

I rank Witsel on the same level as Moutinho, Modric and Pirlo. There are 5 clearly ahead of everyone, the rest is on the same level

Pirlo? I love Witsel but no...mad.gif