Electronic Entertainment Expo 2012 (E3)

King Ellis

Futureshop is holding a buy 3 get 1 free E3 Pre-order sale.

Thinking of getting Sleeping Dogs, NHL 13, Borderlands 2, and Dishonored (all games with a release date).

Is anyone else getting Borderlands 2 on the 360?

http://www.geek.com/...el-dlc-2012067/

Peter Molyneux announced he was leaving his job at Lionhead Studios back in March. He wasn't leaving the games industry, though. His new studio is called 22Cans and it has been setup with former Lionhead man Tim Rance.

Molyneux has taken up a creative role at 22Cans, a studio who's philosophy is "to work on truly innovational and experimental ideas." Their first game, named Curiosity, was announced during E3, and it's certainly experimental.

You can watch Molyneux introducing the game above, although the video does end rather abruptly.

Released in around 6 weeks from now, Peter Molyneux classes Curiosity as an experiment rather than a game. It is simply a black cube in a white room that you can chip away at. But the cube is made up of millions of smaller black cubes, all of which need to be removed to open up the cube and reveal what's inside.

Molyneux envisions gamers working together to reveal the contents of the box, but he knows some will want to get ahead. So two lots of DLC will be available to aid in your cube destruction. The first is a 99 cents iron chisel that will give you 10x the power to chip away at the blocks. The second is a diamond chisel, which increases your power 100,000x.

Everyone playing Curiosity will want that diamond chisel, but hardly anyone can afford it as it will cost $77,000 and there will only be one available to purchase. That must be the most expensive DLC ever, right?

Molyneux classes Curiosity as an experiment because he wants to see if players start working together and whether they join forces to buy the diamond chisel. But then only the last chip of the cube will reveal what's inside, and only to the person who performs that last chip with their chisel.

We can expect several of these experiments from 22Cans in the coming months. They will all be one word titles, and they are all leading up to a real game that won't arrive for a couple of years.

wat.

We all complain about the lack of invention in games and when something different comes along we slag it off >_>

It has all the invention of farmville.

Peters latest "invention" is a Zynga app for facebook. Unless the box contains more pics of kat dennings tits colour me very unimpressed.

So is this online then? If not, surely I can just play on my own, albeit at a slow pace, to see what I get? And if it is online, is there only "one game" that everyone in the world plays so that only one person know's the outcome? Or is it small parties like say me and a few friends, and then only the person who performs the last chip knows the secret? Sounds stupid anyway, especially if it's full priced.

Either way, E3. I've mainly just watched the Sony Conference, some Spiderman stuff and NFS: Most Wanted.

My god the whooping. Stop. You've just cheered a still image of Solid Snake that was used as a reference to characters that have appeared on the Playstation. Just stop.

The Last of Us still looks amazing. As does Spiderman. NFS looks great and especially as it's essentially Burnout Paradise 2, but I prefer the less realistic, lighter handling arcade feel of Burnout to NFS' heaviness. I assume a demo will happen, so I'll give that a go.

So is this online then? If not, surely I can just play on my own, albeit at a slow pace, to see what I get? And if it is online, is there only "one game" that everyone in the world plays so that only one person know's the outcome? Or is it small parties like say me and a few friends, and then only the person who performs the last chip knows the secret? Sounds stupid anyway, especially if it's full priced.

Either way, E3. I've mainly just watched the Sony Conference, some Spiderman stuff and NFS: Most Wanted.

My god the whooping. Stop. You've just cheered a still image of Solid Snake that was used as a reference to characters that have appeared on the Playstation. Just stop.

The Last of Us still looks amazing. As does Spiderman. NFS looks great and especially as it's essentially Burnout Paradise 2, but I prefer the less realistic, lighter handling arcade feel of Burnout to NFS' heaviness. I assume a demo will happen, so I'll give that a go.

Well god forbid that a character people love from a franchise that many fans are dying for another (real) sequel gets cheered. >_> I was pretty excited too, I thought maybe they were announcing the new MGS that's rumored to be in development.

Basically, I don't think you can blame anyone for cheering something they'd actually want to see at E3 after all the crap that happened.

• Like 1

I understand that silence would be bad, but I mean the incessant hollaring at pointless things. It's one thing to applaud some like The Last of Us footage or an announcement or something, but in that example I gave, the guy gave an example of people that have been on the Playstation - Nathan Drake, (someone) and Solid Snake - when he was talking about a new character IIRC.

I guess it's just something irks me, not even just with video game conferences, but tech conferences as a whole, the need to whoop at minute details.

Yeah I agree. Stone cold silence doesnt make for a great conference based on entertainment.

There should be some new MGS news coming soon Id think. Rumours are flying about Snake.

Apparently there's a picture floating around of what's possibly old man Snake with long hair. I really hope so, even a new story but with Snake would be wonderful. The cloning means you can keep the character around, who's fantastic and people want more of him and they definitely want more of the gameplay and story style.

If they take the gameplay of Peace Walker and make a full HD PS3 game with it, it'd be wonderful.