TEW05 All Stars Scenario

Thoughts on PWG (Build: Preview_01)

- Add: TJ Perkins, Kenny Omega - I think these are two guys are more known as traveling talent, although I do remember Puma had a good run in the early PWG days, I did have Perkins down for the Best of Indies promotion although i could swap him with Omega and put Perkins into PWG.

I agree that TJP is more traveled and in turn a more appropriate choice for the Best of the American Indies fed, but I'd say the same for Chris Hero as I tend to associate him with <2005 CZW/Chikara, >2005 PWG/ROH and multiple stints overseas. While TJ hasn't really been pushed in PWG, he's worked for them on and off over the years that he's a good choice for a notable mid/undercard talent over other guys.

As far as Omega, if you plan on working in Japan feds into the scenario, I'd say set Omega aside in the free agent pool until they're in. If not, I really think Omega should be in PWG over the Best of American Indies.

Thoughts on Chikara (Build: Preview_01)

- Add: Larry Sweeney - In a simalar situation to Nana i dont recall that many matches for Sweeney so maybe he could be semi-active in a manager role and we could keep Dunkerton

In terms of Chikara, he wrestled more than he managed. Sure, while in ROH he pretty much was exclusively managing SNS Inc., I think in terms of the overall indy scene, I'd consider him a full time wrestler.

With guys like Steenerico and SSB in the Best of the American Indies, perhaps you may want to consider changing it to The Best of the North American Indies to encompass Canadian indy talent like...

- TJ Wilson/Tyson Kidd

- Harry Smith

- Nattie Niedhart

- Gail Kim

And if you have Gargano in this scenario, you might as well add a few more young guys to the free agent pool who are generating some buzz:

- Michael Elgin

- Willie Mack (His current singles push is worth a spot in PWG, I'd drop one of Charles Mercury/Lil' Cholo/Ronin)

With guys like Steenerico and SSB in the Best of the American Indies, perhaps you may want to consider changing it to The Best of the North American Indies to encompass Canadian indy talent like...

The logic is more the best talent featured in American indie promotions not the best American indie wrestlers, if that makes sence.

Current line up for Legends of American Wrestling

- Blackjack Lanza

- Blackjack Mulligan

- Bruno Sammartino

- Buddy Roberts

- David Schultz

- David Von Erich

- Gorgeous George

- Jack Brisco

- Jerry Brisco

- Jimmy Garvin

- Kerry Von Erich

- Kevin Von Erich

- Lou Thesz

- Michael Hayes

- Nick Bockwinkel

- Pat O'Connor

- Terry Gordy (80's)

- Wahoo McDaniel

More suggestions for roster would be helpful

Ric Flair should be added.

The idea of the legends promotion is to feature guys not already in a promotion, plus its time frame is pre-83/85 (Starrcade/WrestleMania), back then Flair wasnt how he was in the Hoursemen, plus he is already featured for the 80's and 90's his two most promanant eras.

Just wondering, would it be possible that we could have a Johnny Nitro as well as a John Morrison? I guess, one would be in Free Agents or something.. there were substantial character difference between the two, and I was just thinking it would be nice to be given the choice of either.

Just wondering, would it be possible that we could have a Johnny Nitro as well as a John Morrison? I guess, one would be in Free Agents or something.. there were substantial character difference between the two, and I was just thinking it would be nice to be given the choice of either.

Can do, the main area for doubles are alternate gimmicks or different eras, and i guess Nitro and Morrison could be classed as diferent gimmicks, also i think you got that the wrong way round, Nitro is in, Morrison currently isnt.

The logic is more the best talent featured in American indie promotions not the best American indie wrestlers, if that makes sence.

Current line up for Legends of American Wrestling

- Blackjack Lanza

- Blackjack Mulligan

- Bruno Sammartino

- Buddy Roberts

- David Schultz

- David Von Erich

- Gorgeous George

- Jack Brisco

- Jerry Brisco

- Jimmy Garvin

- Kerry Von Erich

- Kevin Von Erich

- Lou Thesz

- Michael Hayes

- Nick Bockwinkel

- Pat O'Connor

- Terry Gordy (80's)

- Wahoo McDaniel

More suggestions for roster would be helpful

Maybe toss in Billy Graham, Eddie Gilbert, The Original Sheik, Gino Hernandez, and Chris Adams? The top of the card is really stacked as is, but Graham, Gilbert, and Sheik are certainly deserving of spots on any Legends roster. Gino and Adams would be good mid-to-upper midcard guys. Other than that...I dunno, maybe Bob Armstrong? The Moondogs? Mr. Wrestling? Ox Baker?

Edited by modernoni

Larry Sweeney should definitely be in CHIKARA as a wrestler. Kaiju shouldn't really go in; it's not really a wrestling promotion, more a performance/comedy troupe who happen to use wrestling as part of their format. I love them, but they don't really belong in an "All Stars" scenario!

I would definitely add The Sheik to Legends Of American Wrestling.

Some other suggestions;

Bruiser Brody, Billy Robinson, Mildred Burke, Sputnik Monroe, Jerry Lawler (pre-WWF), Andy Kaufman, Jimmy Hart (Memphis), Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, Abdullah The Butcher, Killer Kowalski, Bill Dundee, Jackie Fargo, Freddie Blassie, Verne Gagne, Mae Young, Karl Gotch, Bobo Brazil, Billy Graham, Chief Jay Strongbow, Gorilla Monsoon, Pat Patterson, Stan Hansen.

You could also go way back and use the likes of Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt, or Ed "The Strangler" Lewis, but there's a lack of footage to support giving them stats, and wrestling has moved on so much that the stats to choose from in TEW might not be able to accurately reflect their style.

Arguably Dory Funk Jr., Karl Gotch, Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody would also fit into a Legends Of Japan promotion.

I feel that Eddie Kingston should be a part of Chikara as opposed to CZW. I know his feud with Hero was there, however he is a Chikara original and has been a cornerstone for the promotion through most of it's history. Being their first and current Grand Champion certainly makes him an "all star".

Larry Sweeney should definitely be in CHIKARA as a wrestler. Kaiju shouldn't really go in; it's not really a wrestling promotion, more a performance/comedy troupe who happen to use wrestling as part of their format. I love them, but they don't really belong in an "All Stars" scenario!

I would definitely add The Sheik to Legends Of American Wrestling.

Some other suggestions;

Bruiser Brody, Billy Robinson, Mildred Burke, Sputnik Monroe, Jerry Lawler (pre-WWF), Andy Kaufman, Jimmy Hart (Memphis), Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, Abdullah The Butcher, Killer Kowalski, Bill Dundee, Jackie Fargo, Freddie Blassie, Verne Gagne, Mae Young, Karl Gotch, Bobo Brazil, Billy Graham, Chief Jay Strongbow, Gorilla Monsoon, Pat Patterson, Stan Hansen.

You could also go way back and use the likes of Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt, or Ed "The Strangler" Lewis, but there's a lack of footage to support giving them stats, and wrestling has moved on so much that the stats to choose from in TEW might not be able to accurately reflect their style.

Arguably Dory Funk Jr., Karl Gotch, Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody would also fit into a Legends Of Japan promotion.

Thanks for that list, if they dont make the promotion they will make the database.

As for Japan I already had Bruiser Brody set aside for All Japan Classic along with Steve Williams (90's) and Terry Gordy (90's)

Here is the second update on the preview, main thing with this version is all workers in the game are now cleaned up and active in their own way. Some of the workers suggested have been added as free agents as well as a few others (I went a little OTT with the legends and had more than I needed).

The main bulk of America I feel is finished besides a few minor fixes and adding some free agents so for those who put up the Japan suggestions feel free to suggest me some roster additions beyond the few I already have. Also talking about Japan any suggestions on who to own and book the modern day version?

As before feel free to put forward anyone you feel should be in the data be it on a roster or a free agent and I’ll add them to my list of things to do.

Data: TEW05_All-Star_PREVIEW_02.zip

I’ve only just started working on the Japanese talent there is going to be a few doubles from my research so far, I’ve also added the first European promotion with World of Sport Wrestling being a bit of a mix up from its entire run.

Also any suggestions on locations to add, I don’t want to just use a real world one and have put a few in already, mainly all arenas that hosted a big 4 WWF/E event as well as Starrcade’s and I’ve just added in every ECW PPV arena and the original Raw arena (Manhattan Center) but any suggestions would be great, especially in regards to the big old school arenas like the Spectrum and such.

What about a Best of Canadian Indies?

Its planned I need to do a bit of planning for Canada before starting up, only ones i can think of is an Indies, Legends and Stampede promotions.

EDIT

I’ve been adding in some of the core guys for the top Japanese promotions and I want to get some opinion from those who would have a better knowledge than me, I know enough to know who I’m talking about I just don’t know about the details.

Anyway these are the current roster line-ups planned

All Japan Classic (Pre 1999)

- Bruiser Brody

- Giant Baba

- Kenta Kobashi (90’s)

- Mitsuharu Misawa (90’s)

- Stan Hansen

- Steve Williams

- Terry Gordy

- Toshiaki Kawada (90’s)

All Japan Modern (Post 1998)

- Keiji Mutoh

- Kensuke Sasaki (00’s)

- Satoshi Kojima (00’s)

New Japan Classic (Pre 1999)

- Antonio Inoki

- Big Van Vader

- Jushin Liger (90’s)

- Kensuke Sasaki (90’s)

- Masahiro Chono (90’s)

- Riki Choshu (90’s)

- Satoshi Kojima (90’s)

- Shinya Hashimoto

- Tatsumi Fujinami

- The Great Muta (90's)

- Tiger Mask I

- Yuji Nagata (90’s)

New Japan Modern (Post 1998)

- Giant Bernard

- Hiroshi Tanahashi

- Jushin Liger (00’s)

- Masahiro Chono (00’s)

- Minoru

- Shinsuke Nakamura

- Yuji Nagata (00’s)

NOAH

- Kenta Kobashi (00’s)

- Mitsuharu Misawa (00’s)

On a connected note I do have a Joshi Legend and Joshi Modern promotions added and I do plan on doing a best of the worked shoot promotions (if someone can provide some info) and a Toryumon/Dragon Gate cross over promotion.

Edited by TheWho87

New Japan Classic (Pre 1999)

- Antonio Inoki

- Big Van Vader

- Jushin Liger (90’s)

- Kensuke Sasaki (90’s)

- Masahiro Chono (90’s)

- Riki Choshu (90’s)

- Satoshi Kojima (90’s)

- Shinya Hashimoto

- Tatsumi Fujinami

- The Great Muta (90's)

- Tiger Mask I

- Yuji Nagata (90’s)

Shouldn't Tiger Jeet Singh be in there? He is a legend in Japan and his rivalry with Inoki is well documented.