TEW05 All Stars Scenario

It would be great to have some backyard promotions, with legendary backyard wrestlers (If any). Just a thought, might add to it. I could create my own, but I thought maybe there was such a thing as some backyard promotion who have gotten exposure and had a cult like following.

No, just no.

New Japan Classic (Pre 1999)

- Antonio Inoki

- Big Van Vader

- Jushin Liger (90’s)

- Kensuke Sasaki (90’s)

- Masahiro Chono (90’s)

- Riki Choshu (90’s)

- Satoshi Kojima (90’s)

- Shinya Hashimoto

- Tatsumi Fujinami

- The Great Muta (90's)

- Tiger Mask I

- Yuji Nagata (90’s)

Shouldn't Tiger Jeet Singh be in there? He is a legend in Japan and his rivalry with Inoki is well documented.

This is why I need suggestion for some the Japanese promotions, will add him to the roster.

Guest Team 720

This is a prelim Toyrumon/Dragon Gate Roster with where I think the dispositions and card positions should be<br><br><b><u>Roster:</u></b><div><b><u><br></u>Crazy-MAX</b>:<br>Big Fuji (heel MIdcard)<br>CIMA (Face Main Event)<br>Shingo Takagi (Face Lower Midcard)<br>SUWA (heel Upper Midcard)<br>TARU (heel Midcard)<br><b><br></b></div><div><b>Do FIXER </b>(all Face)<b>: </b><br>Dragon Kid (Midcard)<br>Genki Horiguchi (Lower Midcard)<br>Magnum TOKYO (Main Event)<br>Naoki Tanizaki (Opener)<br>Ryo Saito (Upper Midcard)<br><b><br></b></div><div><b>Italian Connection</b> (all faces):<div>Anthony W. Mori (Lower Midcard)<br>Milano Collection AT (Upper Midcard)<br>YOSSINO (Upper Midcard)<br><b><br></b></div><div><b>M2</b><b>K</b>:<br>Chocoflake K-ICHII (heel Opener) <br>K-Ness (heel Midcard)<br>Massaki Mochizuki (face Main Event) <br>Naurki Doi (face Upper Midcard)<br>Susumu Yokosuka (heel Upper Midcard)<br><b><br></b></div><div><b>Real Hazard </b>(all Heel):<br>Cyber Kong (Lower Midcard)</div><div>Gamma (Upper Midcard)<br>KAGETORA (Opener)<br>Kzy (Opener)<br>YAMATO (Upper Midcard)<br>Yasushi Kanda (Midcard)</div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>Tozawa-Juku</b> (all Face):<br>Akira Tozawa (Lower Midcard)<br>Kenichiro Arai (Lower Midcard)<br>Taku Iwasa (Lower Midcard)<b><br><br></b></div><div><b>Others (Includes Toryumon or Dragon Gate Sekigun) </b>(all faces):<br>Daniel Mishima (Opener)<br>Kinta Tamaoka (Referee)<br>Shachihoko Machine (Opener)<br>Stalker Ichikawa (Opener)<br>Super Shisa (Lower Midcard)<br>Takashi Okumura (President)<br>Takayuki Yagi (Referee)<br>Ultimo Dragon (Upper Midcard)<br><br><b><br></b></div><div><b><u>Belts</u></b>:<br>British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight (Magnum TOKYO)<br>Open The Brave Gate (YOSSINO)<br>Open The Dream Gate (CIMA)<br>Open The Triangle Gate (Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi &amp; Ryo Saito)<br>Open The Twin Gate (K-ness and Susumu Yokosuka)

</div>

</div>

Edited by Team 720

Guest Team 720

I updated the Dragon Gate Roster: I removed Agaan-iisou entrirely (besides Sugawara) and TARU as they are All Japan 2000 guys (Kondo, TARU and YASSHI were the core VoodooMurders members.) I also removed Milano Collection as he was a part of the New Japan juniors from 2006 until 2009.

Main Event:

CIMA (Face Franchise Player)

Magnum TOKYO (Heel MVP)

Masaaki Mochizuki (Face Martial Artist)

Naruki Doi (Face Adonis)

Upper Midcard:

BxB Hulk (Heel Deranged)

Genki Horiguchi (Face Old School Face)

Masato Yoshino (Face High Energy)

Ryo Saito (Face Old School Face)

Shingo Takagi (Face Raging Bull)

Susumu Yokosuka (Heel Rudo)

SUWA (Heel Bad Ass)

YAMATO (Face MMA Bad Ass)

Midcard:

Akira Tozawa (Heel Egomaniac)

Don Fujii (Heel Theif)

Dragon Kid (Face Tecnico)

Gamma (Heel Cheater)

Kenichiro Arai (Face Comedy Drunk)

K-ness (Heel Rudo)

PAC (Face Highlight Reel)

Yasushi Kanda (Heel Cheater)

Lower Midcard:

Anthony W. Mori (Face Royalty)

Daniel Mishima (Face National Hero)

Cyber Kong (Heel Monster)

KAGETORA (Face Geek)

Kzy (Heel Rapper)

Michael Iwasa (Face National Hero)

Naoki Tanizaki (Heel Rudo)

Stalker Ichikawa (Face Comedy Character)

Super Shisa (Face Masked Luchadore)

Opener:

Jackson Florida (Heel Comedy Character)

Kotoka (Face Jobber To The Stars)

Mondai Ryu (Heel Bad Wrestler)

Tomahawk T.T. (Heel Young Lion)

Shacihoko Machine (Face Comedy Character)

Referee:

Kinta Tamaoka

Takayuki Yagi

Owner:

Takeshi Okumura

Belts:

Open The Dream Gate: CIMA

Open The Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino

Open The Twin Gate: K-ness & Susumu Yokosuka

Open The Triangle Gate: Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito

Just wondering, would Jim Neidhart and Dynamite Kid be in free agents?!

Jim Neidhart yes

Dynamite Kid no, he will either be in Stampede, New Japan or All Japan

I updated the Dragon Gate Roster: I removed Agaan-iisou entrirely (besides Sugawara) and TARU as they are All Japan 2000 guys (Kondo, TARU and YASSHI were the core VoodooMurders members.) I also removed Milano Collection as he was a part of the New Japan juniors from 2006 until 2009.

Main Event:

Magnum TOKYO (Heel MVP)

Naruki Doi (Face Adonis)

Upper Midcard:

BxB Hulk (Heel Deranged)

SUWA (Heel Bad Ass)

Midcard:

Don Fujii (Heel Theif)

Gamma (Heel Cheater)

K-ness (Heel Rudo)

Lower Midcard:

KAGETORA (Face Geek)

Kzy (Heel Rapper)

Opener:

Referee:

Kinta Tamaoka

Takayuki Yagi

Owner:

Takeshi Okumura

Belts:

Is that a pure Dragon Gate roster or is their bits of Toryumon in there?

On a side note these are the current free agents of Japan, any suggestions on promotions they can go into, ideally I dont want to overload a promotion with variants of the same gimmicks (so just one Tiger Mask/Black Tiger per promotion) or the same people (so Tiger Mask II cant go to All Japan Classic since Misawa is already signed).

- Black Tiger I

- Black Tiger II

- Black Tiger III

- Black Tiger IV

- Curry Man

- Hayabusa

- Kensuke Sasaki (00's)

- Riki Choshu (00's)

- Rikidozan

- Tiger Mask II

- Tiger Mask III

- Tiger Mask IV

Edited by TheWho87

Personally, I'd argue that Tiger Mask II is un-necessary; he was a much bigger deal as Misawa than he was under the mask, and having all the Tiger Masks in there is, to me, just taking up space.

I would stick with the original Tiger Mask - possibly appearing as Satoru Sayama or Tiger King in a Japanese shoot-style promotion too - and Tiger Mask IV, with Koji Kanemoto and Mitsuharu Misawa only appearing as themselves.

I'm sure some people will disagree with me on that, but personally, for an All-Star scenario I would rather see people only included in the roles they're famous for, rather than in every role they ever played. Only a select few people really deserve to be in twice - Keiji Mutoh and Great MUTA, Hulk Hogan and Hollywood Hogan, that sort of thing; the people who were important in both roles. I'd argue that Misawa and Kanemoto didn't add anything to the role of Tiger Mask, and were far more successful without the mask.

Similarly, I'd argue that Black Tiger I should appear as Black Tiger in Japan, and also as Rollerball Rocco in the UK, though it'd be open to debate whether Black Tiger II should be included or only Eddie Guerrero - he did win the Super Junior tournament as Black Tiger, but is infinitely more remembered under his own name. A similar argument exists for Black Tiger III - far more famous as Silver King, and not really an "All Star" as Black Tiger.

Again, it comes down to where you draw the line on completism, and what constitutes someone being recognised as an "All Star".

Guest Team 720

Just wondering, would Jim Neidhart and Dynamite Kid be in free agents?!

Jim Neidhart yes

Dynamite Kid no, he will either be in Stampede, New Japan or All Japan

Main Event:

Magnum TOKYO (Heel MVP)

Naruki Doi (Face Adonis)

Upper Midcard:

BxB Hulk (Heel Deranged)

SUWA (Heel Bad Ass)

Midcard:

Don Fujii (Heel Theif)

Gamma (Heel Cheater)

K-ness (Heel Rudo)

Lower Midcard:

KAGETORA (Face Geek)

Kzy (Heel Rapper)

Opener:

Referee:

Kinta Tamaoka

Takayuki Yagi

Owner:

Takeshi Okumura

Belts:

Is that a pure Dragon Gate roster or is their bits of Toryumon in there?

It is tough due to the fact as I said I would rather see brother YASSHI, Shuji Kondo, TARU and Milano Collection AT (who actually meant something in Toryumon but only lasted months in Dragon Gate) in All Japan 2000's for Kondo, TARU and YASSHI and Milano for New Japan 2000 (If you didn't have him on your mind for that then sure put him in.) Another issue is guys continued their Toryumon image into early Dragon Gate. The main changes from Toryumon to Dragon Gate ended around 2007 when Do FIXER and M2K folded. Also several guys started their Dragon Gate runs through Toryumon: CIMA, Daniel Mishima, Don Fujii, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, K-ness, Masaaki Mochizuki, Masato Yoshino, Michael Iwasa, Naoki Tanizaki, Naruki Doi, Ryo Saito, Super Shisa, Susumu Yokosuka, SUWA, Stalker Ichikawa and Yasushi Kanda.

There are some guys that are in their Toryumon gimmicks rather their Dragon Gate ones. Don Fujii is in his klepomaniac; Danny Mishima and Michael Iwasa are in their most memorable role as Frolida Brothers which started back in the Toryumon days; Naoki is in his brief Muscle Outlaw position as a rudo but reflecting his position from 2004/2005 when he was a young boy in Toryumon/Dragon Gate; Magnum TOKYO is in his Mr. Egoist gimmick which he was a main eventer in Toryumon and not Dragon Gate, and SUWA who lasted in DG for a month.

I feel I got this as balanced as possible due to the fact of a natural overlap in talent (maybe not gimmicks.) The only suggestions I could make for a more Toryumon mix is to add Milano Collection AT (if you don't plan for him to be in a New Japan modern) as a midcard face tecnico and Touru Owashi as a midcard heel monster.

Personally, I'd argue that Tiger Mask II is un-necessary; he was a much bigger deal as Misawa than he was under the mask, and having all the Tiger Masks in there is, to me, just taking up space.

I would stick with the original Tiger Mask - possibly appearing as Satoru Sayama or Tiger King in a Japanese shoot-style promotion too - and Tiger Mask IV, with Koji Kanemoto and Mitsuharu Misawa only appearing as themselves.

I'm sure some people will disagree with me on that, but personally, for an All-Star scenario I would rather see people only included in the roles they're famous for, rather than in every role they ever played. Only a select few people really deserve to be in twice - Keiji Mutoh and Great MUTA, Hulk Hogan and Hollywood Hogan, that sort of thing; the people who were important in both roles. I'd argue that Misawa and Kanemoto didn't add anything to the role of Tiger Mask, and were far more successful without the mask.

Similarly, I'd argue that Black Tiger I should appear as Black Tiger in Japan, and also as Rollerball Rocco in the UK, though it'd be open to debate whether Black Tiger II should be included or only Eddie Guerrero - he did win the Super Junior tournament as Black Tiger, but is infinitely more remembered under his own name. A similar argument exists for Black Tiger III - far more famous as Silver King, and not really an "All Star" as Black Tiger.

Again, it comes down to where you draw the line on completism, and what constitutes someone being recognised as an "All Star".

Some of the doubles are useless. To me, Tiger Mask II COULD be useful to flesh out the All Japan Classic Junior division while Tiger Mask III did not catch fire at all and should NOT be a double of Koji Kanemoto. Black Tiger III was a Mexico gimmick more so than a Japan gimmick. I am not sure if there are Mexican promotions being added which in that case I would suggest Black Tiger III for CMLL 2000's so I would keep it.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Who, if you want I also can work up AAA 90's and 2000's and CMLL 90's and 2000's rosters for Mexico and even a Michinoku Pro roster as well.

Edited by Team 720

I get where you are coming from but I don’t want to limit the game with an elitist mentality, to me for the database all-star covers many aspects from most popular and memorable to the best talent out there and even those who are known for being really bad (you may notice Freight Train’s inclusion).

Some doubles are unavoidable and to limit I feel the way I’m currently limiting them is a logical step (separate eras/decades or noticeable different gimmicks). Sayama is currently signed to New Japan Classics and Tiger Mask 2 and 3 are also in the game under their other names, as are all the Black Tigers, the main reason I added the 4 separate gimmicks for each was more that to the west the Tiger Mask and Black Tiger gimmicks are known as something that’s apart of Japanese wrestling.

Also a lot of these talents are set up as Japan exclusive so from the start and visa versa with their other gimmicks so Mark Rocco isn’t available in Japan yet Black Tiger I is.

Who, if you want I also can work up AAA 90's and 2000's and CMLL 90's and 2000's rosters for Mexico and even a Michinoku Pro roster as well.

For now I don’t want to start on anything for Mexico, current plan is to build up Japan and add some free agents for North America, I don’t want to do too much at the same time, it might put me off editing for a bit.

Also in regards to Japan the currently planned set up of promotions are as follows

- All Japan Pro-Wrestling (Classic)

- All Japan Pro-Wrestling (Modern)

- Dragon Gate

- HUSTLE X SMASH

- Legends of Joshi

- Modern Stars of Joshi

- New Japan Pro-Wrestling (Classic)

- New Japan Pro-Wrestling (Modern)

- Pro Wrestling NOAH

I’m open to suggestions on other to add but I was ideally looking to add a Best of the Japanese Indies promotion to cover all those little leagues (Osaka, K-Dojo, DDT, M-Pro) and have in FMW with a blend of WAR and BJW as a big death match promotion and something to represent those worked shoot promotions.

First off does anybody know where to find the list which aligns skill percentage and number rankings?

Secondly I want to open up the top percentages of the main skills for discussion on who should or shouldn’t be included, ideally I’d like to have at least one person at A* for each to be like a measuring stick.

Any suggestions on people to bump up (if they’re not on the list) or bump down would be greatly welcomed.

Brawling

A

- Brock Lesnar

- Kensuke Sasaki (90's)

- Kensuke Sasaki (00's)

Strong Style

A

- Bruiser Brody

- Hiroshi Tanahashi

- Kensuke Sasaki (90's)

- Kensuke Sasaki (00's)

- Kenta Kobashi (90's)

- Kenta Kobashi (00's)

- Masahiro Chono (90's)

- Masahiro Chono (00's)

- Satoshi Kojima (90's)

- Satoshi Kojima (00's)

- Toshiaki Kawada (90's)

- Toshiaki Kawada (00's)

- Yugi Nagata (90's)

- Yugi Nagata (00's)

Hardcore

A*

- Atsushi Onita

A

- Cactus Jack

- John Zandig

- Mr. Pogo

- Necro Butcher

- New Jack

- Nick Mondo

Aerial

A*

- Hayabusa

A

- Dragon Kid

- Jack Evans

- Jushin Liger (90's)

- Mistico

- PAC

Mat Wrestling

A*

- Kurt Angle (00's)

- Kurt Angle (10's)

A

- Bret Hart

- Brock Lesnar

- Bryan Danielson

- Chris Benoit (00's)

- Chris Jericho (00's)

- Daniel Bryan

- Mr.Perfect

- Owen Hart

Chain

A*

- Kurt Angle (00's)

- Kurt Angle (10's)

A

- Bret Hart

- Bryan Danielson

- Chris Benoit (00's)

- Chris Jericho (00's)

- Daniel Bryan

- Mr.Perfect

- Owen Hart

Submission

A*

- Chris Benoit (00's)

- Kurt Angle (00's)

- Kurt Angle (10's)

A

- Bret Hart

- Bryan Danielson

- Chris Benoit (90's)

- Daniel Bryan

- Koji Kanemoto

- Lou Thesz

- Owen Hart

- William Regal

I would be inclined to think Benoit, Danielson and Regal are on par with Angle when it comes to chain wrestling.

I also believe El Generico would be an A in ariel. Not only does he do some amazing high flying moves, he also knows how and when to use them to make them not just spectacular, but meaningful as well.

Just my opinion.

First off does anybody know where to find the list which aligns skill percentage and number rankings?

Do you mean the letter grades? If so:

Q: How do the letter grades relate to the percentages?

-

A: Like this:

F: 0 - 15.0

E: 15.1 - 22.5

D: 22.6 - 30.0

C-: 30.0 - 40.0

C: 40.1 - 50.0

C+: 50.1 - 60.0

B-: 60.1 - 66.0

B: 66.1 - 74.0

B+: 74.1 - 80.0

A: 80. - 90.0

A*: 90.1 - 100

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10916

• Like 2

Do you mean the letter grades? If so:

Q: How do the letter grades relate to the percentages?

-

A: Like this:

F: 0 - 15.0

E: 15.1 - 22.5

D: 22.6 - 30.0

C-: 30.0 - 40.0

C: 40.1 - 50.0

C+: 50.1 - 60.0

B-: 60.1 - 66.0

B: 66.1 - 74.0

B+: 74.1 - 80.0

A: 80. - 90.0

A*: 90.1 - 100

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10916

Yeah thats it, i keep meaning to save a copy but always lost the topic its in.

Aerial-I'd bump PAC and Dragon Kid up to A*. Their balance and athleticism is unmatchable

-I think Ricochet can be an A

-Rey Mysterio (90s) should be an A

Strong Style

-KENTA and Low Ki can crack the A mark.

-You don't think Misawa can be an A?

-Vader should be A maybe even A*

Think that might have been down to the base I cloned him from.

I think Ricochet was at A but I knocked him down cause I felt he was one of those guys who just does spot, spot, spot without sequencing them logically, also Jack Evans is up there and he is kinda the same.

Aerial-I'd bump PAC and Dragon Kid up to A*. Their balance and athleticism is unmatchable

Strong Style

I think Ricochet was at A but I knocked him down cause I felt he was one of those guys who just does spot, spot, spot without sequencing them logically, also Jack Evans is up there and he is kinda the same.

I would have to agree. Ricochet is awesome but it is all about spots with him. Glad to see someone else understand this. So few wrestlers "get it" when it comes to pacing and telling a story in the ring.

Also, is there any chance we will see All Star PPV's? Like the WWF use to go with King of the Ring tournaments and Survivor Series was a very Big Deal. I understand why they changed it, but I also miss the good old days.

Strong Style

I would have to agree. Ricochet is awesome but it is all about spots with him. Glad to see someone else understand this. So few wrestlers "get it" when it comes to pacing and telling a story in the ring.

Also, is there any chance we will see All Star PPV's? Like the WWF use to go with King of the Ring tournaments and Survivor Series was a very Big Deal. I understand why they changed it, but I also miss the good old days.

I think for the last preview I had started adding events, I think WWF Classics have the big four and some In Your Houses, WWF Attitude and WWE Modern have the big for and the main ones of the era.

• Like 1

Couple of things to announce

First off I am planning on releasing a semi-playable update sometime after the real world update goes up; when I say semi-playable it’s more in regards to non-American promotions not being quite finished yet.

Second up I am working on adding a shoot style promotion mainly based off of UWFi but with a few of the stars from other similar promotions, so far this is how the roster is looking but this is not a style I know much on and I went off of what’s up on Wikipedia so any suggestions on who to add is welcome, I need a roster of 25 workers at least to fulfil the AI’s need

- Dan Severn

- Hiromitsu Kanehara

- Gary Albright

- Josh Barnett

- Kazuo Yamazaki

- Kazushi Sakuraba

- Kenichi Yamamoto

- Koji Kitao

- Masahito Kakihara

- Masakatsu Funaki

- Minoru Suzuki

- Nobihiko Takada (90's)